Should I keep the frame

Segrott

Jan 5, 2004
I currently have a Giant CFR 3 with Campag Chorus 8 Speed, I am planning to buy a new bike in the next few months. I am wondering is it worth keeping the frame of the CFR 3 and buying all new components, wheels and forks or just shelling out and getting something new.

If I am going to upgrade I would probably be looking at either Campag Veloce or Centaur components.

Originally posted by Segrott
I currently have a Giant CFR 3 with Campag Chorus 8 Speed, I am planning to buy a new bike in the next few months. I am wondering is it worth keeping the frame of the CFR 3 and buying all new components, wheels and forks or just shelling out and getting something new.

If I am going to upgrade I would probably be looking at either Campag Veloce or Centaur components.

Doesn't it depend on how well you like the frame and how much you want to spend? I don't know these kind of answers

The frame is a mid 90's CFR, I love the fit of the frame. I am planning to update components to campag veloce and campag vento wheels. I would like to update the forks to a new set of carbon forks, which means updating the stem and headset.