Should I remove my presta valve covers?

buckybux said:
\

Sounds like to me it is time to buy a different brand of inner tube.
They were either Vittorio or Continental. I might have mixed and matched valve covers then overtightened when they didn't fit quite right.

JohnO said:
Pre ride enema?
I think he meant to remove them from his wheels, John.
tongue.gif

By the way, how do you guys stop your rims from getting egged-out, distorted spoke holes where the drive spokes go? It's driving me nuts!

garage sale GT said:
I think he meant to remove them from his wheels, John.
tongue.gif
Now I understand it, ha ha:D .

By the way, how do you guys stop your rims from getting egged-out, distorted spoke holes where the drive spokes go? It's driving me nuts!
Never had this problem. Maybe not enough spoke tension to keep the nuts ends from moving around when torque is applied?

kdelong said:
Now I understand it, ha ha:D .

Never had this problem. Maybe not enough spoke tension to keep the nuts ends from moving around when torque is applied?
Yeah, but then what's causing my crank arms to twist so the pedal is angled slightly towards the ground when the crank is in the forward position? The crank arms also have acquired a forward sweep, like the teeth of a radial saw. Wierd.

Cycler6n said:
Should I remove them. I talked to someone who removes the covers because its less spinning weight. is that true?

seeing that weirdo surgery is reallly taking off - I've been thinking the skeleton can go.

or maybe I should just buy a uni cycle - without valve cover of course.

Cycler6n said:
Should I remove them. I talked to someone who removes the covers because its less spinning weight. is that true?
Yes at around 220 MPH you can get a high speed shimmy.But I stay around 195 MPH under that so I leave mine on.

Wink