Should I Return The Shoes?

teenroadwarrior

Mar 26, 2010
I bought a pair of Nashbar Pro II road shoes a few months ago and after 800 miles the seam that connects the plastic ratchet tab to the strap started ripping, and by 1300 miles it had ripped all the way. It was only the inside half so it still held/is holding for another 300 miles.

Here's a link to the shoes:http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_169863_-1_201485_10000_200384

I'm not really sure if I should send them back and get a different shoe? I wear 48's so finding shoes in the US $100 price range can be a little tough.

If my description of the problem is lacking in clarity I could possibly post a picture later on.

Mistake #1 Nashbar. Yes, send it back and never buy their brand again. There is a reason their stuff is only costs a fraction of the price. If it is too good to be true....

Yes, you should contact Nashbar about returning the shoes.

FWIW, I've never purchased Nashbar shoes, but I've purchased Nashbar jerseys, riding shorts, tights, gloves, toe covers, and tools, and have been well pleased with all.

Nashbar has very good customer service. I returned a Bellwether jersey that I had for over six months. I purchased it deeply discounted off season and found out that it did not fit when the weather warmed up. I was able to apply the credit torwards a different jersey.

Originally Posted by davereo .

Nashbar has very good customer service. I returned a Bellwether jersey that I had for over six months. I purchased it deeply discounted off season and found out that it did not fit when the weather warmed up. I was able to apply the credit torwards a different jersey.

Dave, would that have been a Bellwether AC Slice jersey?

I bought one of those in a Men's medium size ( my normal size ), deeply discounted from Nashbar, and it might have fit my 6 year old grandson.

I couldn't even get it on over my shoulders and when I held it up in front of me, it barely reached my belly button. Nashbar credited my account, but of course I still had to pay shipping fees.

Originally Posted by 64Paramount .

Quote: Originally Posted by davereo .

Dave, would that have been a Bellwether AC Slice jersey?

I bought one of those in a Men's medium size ( my normal size ), deeply discounted from Nashbar, and it might have fit my 6 year old grandson.

I couldn't even get it on over my shoulders and when I held it up in front of me, it barely reached my belly button. Nashbar credited my account, but of course I still had to pay shipping fees.

Exactly LMAO same size two...