Should I start riding this woman's bike?

rc4life

Nov 13, 2005
Over the weekend I unknowingly purchased a Cannondale R500 off the street that turned out to be a woman's bike. I am a male, and have been looking at getting into cycling for a while now. This bike is in very good condition, and according to all the sizing guidlines I have found, it fits me well. I could probably sell this bike for much more than the price i paid for it and turn around and buy another one, but i wanted to see if it is possible to get away with learning on/riding a woman's bike. If someone who knows about cycling would help me out, I would really appreciate it. thanks.

rc4life said:
Over the weekend I unknowingly purchased a Cannondale R500 off the street that turned out to be a woman's bike. I am a male, and have been looking at getting into cycling for a while now. This bike is in very good condition, and according to all the sizing guidlines I have found, it fits me well. I could probably sell this bike for much more than the price i paid for it and turn around and buy another one, but i wanted to see if it is possible to get away with learning on/riding a woman's bike. If someone who knows about cycling would help me out, I would really appreciate it. thanks.
If you don't wear pink silk undies,no one will know. ;)

rc4life said:
I agree with the post that if the bike fits ride it. Sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy it.