Should I try tubulars on my Bianchi

johnjay

May 17, 2010
I just got my 1982ish Bianchi Campione del Mondo on the road for the season and I'm using clinchers on an extra set of wheels I got when I bought the bike. I'm wondering if it's about time I tried using tubulars on it with the original wheels.

Do you think I would notice much of a difference?

I'm a casual rider. I do have a pretty good bike trail near me so the tubulars would be treated kindly.

John

johnjay said:
...Do you think I would notice much of a difference?

I'm a casual rider. I do have a pretty good bike trail near me so the tubulars would be treated kindly.
No, you probably won't notice much difference between decent clinchers and tubulars for casual bike path riding. I love tubulars for high speed cornering, the ability to run them a bit softer on rough courses without worrying about pinch flats and their general overall smooth feel when you don't jack up the pressure sky high but for casual bike path riding I doubt you'll feel a lot of difference.

-Dave

daveryanwyoming said:
No, you probably won't notice much difference between decent clinchers and tubulars for casual bike path riding. I love tubulars for high speed cornering, the ability to run them a bit softer on rough courses without worrying about pinch flats and their general overall smooth feel when you don't jack up the pressure sky high but for casual bike path riding I doubt you'll feel a lot of difference.

-Dave

Thanks, I'll just ride what I have.

John