Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Should i use halfords when looking for a good bicycle?

Started by ciaran071198 · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,931 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
8 March 2016
Last activity
18 March 2016
Original author
ciaran071198
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,931
Views / 30 days
7

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have looked at many websites and people always say to avoid Halfords. Is it due to their own brand products or their customer service as they do offer a free build and checkup after (i think it was) 6 weeks?

  2. 8 years ago, I bought a Carrera road bike from Halfords. On my first descent, the front brake callipers fell apart. I soon sold the bike and didn't ride again until 2013. Because of this (one off) experience, I wouldn't buy a bike of them.
    However, the Boardman bikes are supposed to be quite good.

  3. I would not. You can't trust how well the bike was assembled, and the bikes themselves are just generally very low quality. If you are looking to buy a bike on a lower budget check local sources for a used name brand bike. A 5 year old Trek/Cannondale/Specialized/Felt is a much better buy.

  4. I'd go to a place that specializes and is passionate in bikes. When you trust a company that simply wants to get the most money possible (because they're so big) then the quality tends to go down. Try find a local small seller which will actually put a real passion in to your bike.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.