Should Lance retire?

He should be better prepared for the Tour de France in 2010, after that who knows? No doubt he will still be able to podium in 2047

Yep, he's not at the top; but I'm not convinced that he won't be next year. I would LOVE it if the team asked Lance to hold back (it would mean Lance was still the man and Contador is the...loser you outline) - but I don't think that was so much the case this year. I really don't think that either Lance or Contador would tolerate that well - hence the friction. I honestly think that Lance was challenged; if you were watching in High def...you could see it in his eyes...as they started looking inside...and realizing "****...this is HARD." He did well...but didn't have his wings on this year.

On retirement and coming back; he loves biking. If all of you are still young as I suspect - as you get older you don't want to give up the joys of your younger day...certainly not until you have to. That's why I say: if you quit while your ahead you miss out on what you could have been. That saying only applies to GAMBLING. Get all you can now...or regret when you get older how much you could have had. NOBODY is going to win points for beating the "Old guy"...but the old guy beating the youngsters...oh...that's cherry! Us old guys LIVE for that stuff!

After reading the thread title, this turned out be an unexpectedly good read.

So.. what are alternative cancer cures?

Reed Rothchild said:
Yes, I'm tired of the omerta.

Are you also tired of aliens trying to steal your thoughts?

Rumor, suspicion, hearsay.............BORING!!!!! And an utter waste of time.

bicycledick said:
Should Lance Armstrong retire? Give your opinions.

Not a Lance fan but he brings a lot of interest to bike racing in general and the TdF specifically. Good for cycling, he's a good guy or not means nothing. He will quit when he wants to, nobody else can make that decision.

alienator said:
Kind of a pointless question, isn't it? If Armstrong thinks it's time to retire, he'll retire. If Armstrong doesn't think it's time to retire, he won't. What anyone else thinks won't matter and shouldn't matter one iota.

Personally, I think he should do what he wants to do.

intelligent life form spotted.

and lance is gonna destroy wiens at leadville.

Yep, the pontificating doesn't really matter...but it's fun. Kind of like betting a penny on a Horse Race; doesn't really matter which horse won in the grand scheme of things...what matters is that somebody cared.