should MountainPro take a road ride?

Hypnospin said:
The true cyclist would perhaps welcome him.
This is a tricky one. I suspect he's got an old Raleigh Pulsar at the back of his shed, covered over with tarpaulin, and he puts on his red and white lycra shorts and takes it out after dark. :D

So, does this already constitute the road ride?

Hmm.

He should try ... why not?

You never know ... he could be the perfect "sleeper" in a race!

Unknown guy suddenly opening a big fat can of "woopass" on the peloton.

... It would make a nice bike movie.

like "The Hooligans"

huhenio said:
He should try ... why not?

You never know ... he could be the perfect "sleeper" in a race!

Unknown guy suddenly opening a big fat can of "woopass" on the peloton.

... It would make a nice bike movie.

like "The Hooligans"

You left out the final prop. He needs to be wearing a Kilt,made of Lycra, of course

jhuskey said:
You left out the final prop. He needs to be wearing a Kilt,made of Lycra, of course
I meant "Breaking Away""

My favourite 70's cheesy movie.:D

i would wear this in pride, but i keep forgetting and just do it, when it comes to the after race shedding of the chamois.

one could ride in this, i supect it would be an airy experience, just expect the cliche question to be posed early and often.

www.sportkilt.com

btw, the poll results suggest the true cyclist would extend a welcome...
well done, most commendable, true cyclists!

jhuskey said:
Not exactly tartan but has possibilities.

Jeez, how could you slip this one past me...

no, i am not much of a roadie and havent worn a kilt on a bike, or at least i dont think so..

i dont even own a road bike, i am a blood, guts, vomit, mud, slime and beer kinda bike rider, not a shaven legged, lycra tights and skinny wheels type of person.

come to me where the mountains are grim and the hill is steep, the rocks are sharp and the whisky flows, i'll make a man out of you.

MountainPro said:
I was wondering why you'd been so quiet on the subject. Thought perhaps that the mention of the red and white shorts had sent you into a whirl of paranoia and self doubt. :D

do you pack a flask for a wee nip then?

MountainPro said:

no, i am not much of a roadie and havent worn a kilt on a bike, or at least i dont think so..

i dont even own a road bike, i am a blood, guts, vomit, mud, slime and beer kinda bike rider, not a shaven legged, lycra tights and skinny wheels type of person.

come to me where the mountains are grim and the hill is steep, the rocks are sharp and the whisky flows, i'll make a man out of you.

MountainPro said:
...i'll make a man out of you.
This would be the same kind of man who's complaining because there's a bit of inclement weather floating around the heather hills of bonny Scotland? :D No thanks, MP, I'll keep riding in the rain (on my skinny girlie-tires :rolleyes: ). Hold a place for me doon at th' Snug.

perhaps accompanied by some Rory Gallagher? I fancy live in dublin '72.
Does this ring a bell 'round your way?

MountainPro said:
Yes, a wee reward for staving of the coldwinter nights..

lyotard said:
perhaps accompanied by some Rory Gallagher? I fancy live in dublin '72.
Does this ring a bell 'round your way?

oh yes, Rory Gallagher was a legend. He is sadly missed.

EoinC said:
This would be the same kind of man who's complaining because there's a bit of inclement weather floating around the heather hills of bonny Scotland? :D No thanks, MP, I'll keep riding in the rain (on my skinny girlie-tires :rolleyes: ). Hold a place for me doon at th' Snug.
thats easy for you to say, with the hot sunny weather of sub-tropical asia.

btw, i loved the way you linked 3 threads in one there...very smart..:D

MountainPro said:
thats easy for you to say, with the hot sunny weather of sub-tropical asia.

btw, i loved the way you linked 3 threads in one there...very smart..:D
Hey, Brother, it's a living Hell down here. Last night, after a swim in the outdoor pool (from where I observed Sarawak's only surviving South Madagascar Striped Otter performing wasted mating rituals trying to impress a recliner chair), the temperature plummeted to 28 Deg C. The only way I could stay warm was by consuming Icey Cold Tiger Beer. It did the job, but it took quite a lot to keep my core temperature up above the levels that would send an eskimo comatose. Sometimes I astound myself with how I cope with these climatic extremes but, then again, I am a roadie :D

EoinC said:
Hey, Brother, it's a living Hell down here. Last night, after a swim in the outdoor pool (from where I observed Sarawak's only surviving South Madagascar Striped Otter performing wasted mating rituals trying to impress a recliner chair), the temperature plummeted to 28 Deg C. The only way I could stay warm was by consuming Icey Cold Tiger Beer. It did the job, but it took quite a lot to keep my core temperature up above the levels that would send an eskimo comatose. Sometimes I astound myself with how I cope with these climatic extremes but, then again, I am a roadie :D

...that's it, rub it in why don't ya !
Down to 28c : it's 9c here at the moment and it's still supposed to be autumn !

limerickman said:
...that's it, rub it in why don't ya !
Down to 28c : it's 9c here at the moment and it's still supposed to be autumn !
Hey, Lim, it's not all beer and skittles here either (sometimes we don't play skittles). A bloke can get sick of wearing shorts and t-shirts all the time - I'm not sure when, but one of these years I could get sick of it...
Sarawak weather report - Today will be 30 Deg C, with a chance of some rain. Tomorrow will be 30 Deg C, with a chance of some rain. In 108 days it will be 30 Deg C, with a chance of some rain...

EoinC said:
Hey, Lim, it's not all beer and skittles here either (sometimes we don't play skittles). A bloke can get sick of wearing shorts and t-shirts all the time - I'm not sure when, but one of these years I could get sick of it...
Sarawak weather report - Today will be 30 Deg C, with a chance of some rain. Tomorrow will be 30 Deg C, with a chance of some rain. In 108 days it will be 30 Deg C, with a chance of some rain...
you poor *******....i feel so sorry for you. You really need a holiday to get over that traumatic lifestyle.

i take it your having a barbie this evening..?