Should opera singers blood dope?

jojoma

Sep 7, 2007
If blood doping is about oxygen uptake, and opera singers (or singers in general I suppose) need oxygen to hold long notes, would they benefit from using EPO or other doping methods?

jojoma said:
If blood doping is about oxygen uptake, and opera singers (or singers in general I suppose) need oxygen to hold long notes, would they benefit from using EPO or other doping methods?
They'd be able to hold a note longer or take longer between breaths, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal because singers rarely go near the threshold of their maximum note sustain anyway AFAIK. And no one would be aware of the benefits/downsides to be confident to take a prescription drug out of prescription. And its not as if you can ask anyone about it that easily.

Who'd want to risk death for little benefit?

Crankyfeet said:
They'd be able to hold a note longer or take longer between breaths, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal because singers rarely go near the threshold of their maximum note sustain anyway AFAIK. And no one would be aware of the benefits/downsides to be confident to take a prescription drug out of prescription. And its not as if you can ask anyone about it that easily.

Who'd want to risk death for little benefit?

OH MY GOD! First Tom Simpson then Luciano Pavarotti - the doping crowd is going to go to town on this one :D

Drugs are premitted in Film, Opera, stage performances and for TV sitcoms.

They can use whatever products their drug dealers can dig up.

WADA rules are ignored here too---same as in FIFA or UCI competition.

jojoma said: