Should running in swimming trunks be stopped ?????

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Mr P.Nis, May 2, 2003.

  1. Mr P.Nis

    Mr P.Nis Guest

    In the year 2003 (or year 2 - after 9-11 ) isn't it about time racing in swimming trunks
    be stopped ?

    Isn't the sight of people running around in public - wearing only swimming trunks is NOT
    appropriate ?

    Wouldn't banning swimming trunks make triathlon seem less extreme ?

    Also, there is NO NEED for wearing swiming trunks.

    Why am I so annoyed ?

    well, I went to a local Duathlon last sunday (typical british weather, windy wet cold) and there
    were men wearing swimming trunks - duathlon has no connection with swimming so why the hell are
    these idiots wearing trunks ?

    That great UK publication 220 - has dozens of photos of jelly belly age groupers running around in
    lycra panties - IT IS JUST DISGUSTING.

    So, if old Les MacDonald is reading (???) then please - can we have the swimming trunks banned.

    Lastly, fit women running around in high cut swim suits IS TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE and should be further
    encouraged.

    Tags:

  2. Billx

    Billx Guest

    Lighten up. I agree that some people are exposing more skin relative to their build than some might
    find desirable but you have to give them credit for not being overly sensitive about their looks.

    Mr P.Nis wrote in message ...
    >In the year 2003 (or year 2 - after 9-11 ) isn't it about time racing in swimming trunks be
    >stopped ?
    >
    >Isn't the sight of people running around in public - wearing only swimming trunks is NOT
    >appropriate ?
    >
    >Wouldn't banning swimming trunks make triathlon seem less extreme ?
    >
    >Also, there is NO NEED for wearing swiming trunks.
    >
    >Why am I so annoyed ?
    >
    >well, I went to a local Duathlon last sunday (typical british weather, windy wet cold) and there
    >were men wearing swimming trunks - duathlon has no connection with swimming so why the hell are
    >these idiots wearing trunks ?
    >
    >That great UK publication 220 - has dozens of photos of jelly belly age groupers running around in
    >lycra panties - IT IS JUST DISGUSTING.
    >
    >So, if old Les MacDonald is reading (???) then please - can we have the swimming trunks banned.
    >
    >Lastly, fit women running around in high cut swim suits IS TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE and should be further
    >encouraged.

  3. Where is the link to *your* picture in what you consider to be appropriate triathlon garb?

    -S-

    "Mr P.Nis" wrote:

    > In the year 2003 (or year 2 - after 9-11 ) isn't it about time racing in swimming trunks be
    > stopped ?
    >
    > Isn't the sight of people running around in public - wearing only swimming trunks is NOT
    > appropriate ?
    >
    > Wouldn't banning swimming trunks make triathlon seem less extreme ?
    >
    > Also, there is NO NEED for wearing swiming trunks.
    >
    > Why am I so annoyed ?
    >
    > well, I went to a local Duathlon last sunday (typical british weather, windy wet cold) and there
    > were men wearing swimming trunks - duathlon has no connection with swimming so why the hell are
    > these idiots wearing trunks ?
    >
    > That great UK publication 220 - has dozens of photos of jelly belly age groupers running around in
    > lycra panties - IT IS JUST DISGUSTING.
    >
    > So, if old Les MacDonald is reading (???) then please - can we have the swimming trunks banned.
    >
    > Lastly, fit women running around in high cut swim suits IS TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE and should be
    > further encouraged.

  4. Gsk

    Gsk Guest

    "> Why am I so annoyed ? ....there were men wearing swimming trunks - > ......... fit women running
    around in high cut swim suits IS TOTALLY
    > ACCEPTABLE and should be further encouraged.

    TROLL

  5. Ever run in cycling shorts? Try it, and you'll find out how the follks in "depends" feel when they
    try to run.

    Ever ride a bike in running shorts? If you did that, you'd probably end up with a wedge up to
    your eyeballs.

    In short, both are a recipe for disaster. Competing in a triathlon requires specialized clothing
    that can be worn during the entire race without being changed. And whatever you can wear in a
    triathlon is also suitable for a duathlon. And if you're doing 6 triathlons and 1 duathlon in a
    season, how much sense would it make to go out buy specialized clothing that is suitable for the
    duathlon only?

    On 2 May 2003 17:16:15 -0700, [email protected] (Mr P.Nis) wrote:

    >In the year 2003 (or year 2 - after 9-11 ) isn't it about time racing in swimming trunks be
    >stopped ?
    >
    >Isn't the sight of people running around in public - wearing only swimming trunks is NOT
    >appropriate ?
    >
    >Wouldn't banning swimming trunks make triathlon seem less extreme ?
    >
    >Also, there is NO NEED for wearing swiming trunks.
    >
    >Why am I so annoyed ?
    >
    >well, I went to a local Duathlon last sunday (typical british weather, windy wet cold) and there
    >were men wearing swimming trunks - duathlon has no connection with swimming so why the hell are
    >these idiots wearing trunks ?
    >
    >That great UK publication 220 - has dozens of photos of jelly belly age groupers running around in
    >lycra panties - IT IS JUST DISGUSTING.
    >
    >So, if old Les MacDonald is reading (???) then please - can we have the swimming trunks banned.
    >
    >Lastly, fit women running around in high cut swim suits IS TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE and should be further
    >encouraged.

  6. Harold Buck

    Harold Buck Guest

    > On 2 May 2003 17:16:15 -0700, [email protected] (Mr P.Nis) wrote:
    >
    > >In the year 2003 (or year 2 - after 9-11 ) isn't it about time racing in swimming trunks be
    > >stopped ?
    > >
    > >Isn't the sight of people running around in public - wearing only swimming trunks is NOT
    > >appropriate ?
    > >
    > >Wouldn't banning swimming trunks make triathlon seem less extreme ?
    > >
    > >Also, there is NO NEED for wearing swiming trunks.
    > >
    > >Why am I so annoyed ?
    > >
    > >well, I went to a local Duathlon last sunday (typical british weather, windy wet cold) and there
    > >were men wearing swimming trunks - duathlon has no connection with swimming so why the hell are
    > >these idiots wearing trunks ?
    > >
    > >That great UK publication 220 - has dozens of photos of jelly belly age groupers running around
    > >in lycra panties - IT IS JUST DISGUSTING.
    > >
    > >So, if old Les MacDonald is reading (???) then please - can we have the swimming trunks banned.
    > >
    > >Lastly, fit women running around in high cut swim suits IS TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE and should be
    > >further encouraged.

    Nice troll. Too bad "Swim Trunks" actually resemble shorts, not panties. You're thinking of a
    racing suit.

    --Harold Buck

    - Homer J. Simpson

  7. Ray Plotecia

    Ray Plotecia Guest

    And who do you propose should stop it? USAT, I presume?

    Ray
    --
    | Beer Truck | ||'|"\,___.

    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them."
    - Albert Einstein

    news:[email protected]...