Should Spickydoo go to the hospital?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling archive' started by Sofa, Apr 2, 2004.

  1. Sofa

    Sofa Guest

    ------------
    A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and
    see the results, please visit
    http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/30006
    ------------
    Question: Should Spickydoo seek medical treatment?

    - Yes
    - Naw
    ------------

    Should Spickydoo go seek 'medical advice'
    (http://tinyurl.com/3248f) ?

    I think he should

    --
    Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

    'Unicycle Product Reviews'
    (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/unicycleReviews.aspx)

    'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
    version 3.0

    'when I'm at the limit of my endurance, 5% extra resistance could be
    enough to stop me in my track. ' - MikeFule

    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

  2. Sofa

    Sofa Guest

    I think he should go get it looked at (long term stuff, now
    that he's old)

    --
    Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

    'Unicycle Product Reviews'
    (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/unicycleReviews.aspx)

    'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
    version 3.0

    'when I'm at the limit of my endurance, 5% extra resistance could be
    enough to stop me in my track. ' - MikeFule

    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

  3. Checkernuts

    Checkernuts Guest

    Why not with your canadian free healthcare? The line
    in the ER?

    Get it looked at it cant hurt, and they might give you a
    brace or something to help out the recovery time

    --
    Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

    No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
    odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
    to do it right. H20
    Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

  4. Unibabyguy

    Unibabyguy Guest

  5. Robbie

    Robbie Guest

  6. Spickydoo

    Spickydoo Guest

    Alright, just so everyone knows. I'm going first thing
    monday morning. I always intended to go to get it checked
    out. I just didnt want to do it in london. The idea of
    sitting in the hospital waiting room all night wasn't very
    appealing. Plus I wouldn't have been able to play chess with
    sofa. I'll keep everyone informed of the diagnosis.

    --
    spickydoo - one hot wheel

    "They say you can pick your friends, You can pick your nose, But you
    can't pick your friend's nose. " Unibrier

    "If I wanted to be totally healthy I wouldn't smoke pot, drink alcohol
    or stay up too late, and how fun would that be?" Rowan
    spickydoo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1055

  7. Robbie

    Robbie Guest

  8. Sofa

    Sofa Guest

    spickydoo wrote:
    > *Plus I wouldn't have been able to play chess with sofa. *

    You should have gone :)

    edit: I forgot HE won a game, too :(

    --
    Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

    'Unicycle Product Reviews'
    (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/unicycleReviews.aspx)

    'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
    version 3.0

    'when I'm at the limit of my endurance, 5% extra resistance could be
    enough to stop me in my track. ' - MikeFule

    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

  9. Cyberbellum

    Cyberbellum Guest

    spickydoo wrote:
    > * The idea of sitting in the hospital waiting room all
    > night wasn't very appealing. *

    It's a well established urban legend that ER and OR nurses
    are hotties; but it's far less know that they are also
    highly skilled chess players. Kasparov routinely throws
    himself down flights of stairs for the chance to play these
    elusive sirens.

    Ice. Lots of ice. It's good for the beer and it's good for
    your ankle.

    --
    cyberbellum - Level 1.0 rider!

    Optimists think the glass is half full. Pesimists think the glass is
    half empty. Engineers think the glass is too big.
    cyberbellum's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4550

  10. Dirtsurfer

    Dirtsurfer Guest

    I thought his partner was a doctor...j/k

    +-------------------------------------------------------
    ---------+
    | Attachment filename: 09hungry.jpg |
    http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/185979| +-------------------------------------------------------
    ---------+

    --
    Dirtsurfer - Singlewheel/Singletrack

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
    Gandalf the gray
    Dirtsurfer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2352

  11. Spickydoo

    Spickydoo Guest

    Good news. It's not broken, just really really colorful.
    Lots of rest and no unicycling for a while. I'll even get
    some physio for a while to help prevent reoccurance. I'll
    be fine for the race in may. No sandwich boards for a
    while I guess.

    --
    spickydoo - one hot wheel

    "They say you can pick your friends, You can pick your nose, But you
    can't pick your friend's nose. " Unibrier

    "If I wanted to be totally healthy I wouldn't smoke pot, drink alcohol
    or stay up too late, and how fun would that be?" Rowan
    spickydoo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1055

  12. Sofa

    Sofa Guest

  13. Unibrier

    Unibrier Guest

    cyberbellum wrote:
    > *ER and OR nurses are hotties*
    Telemetry and ICU nurses are where the action is when it
    comes to hotties.

    Spickydoo, let it heal right. I still haven't completely
    recovered from my broken Calcaneous in Sept '02. I still
    have some tendonitis from my period of inactivity, not bad
    enough to hold me back but very annoying.

    --
    UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

    Steve DeKoekkoek
    A one track mind in search of the never-ending sine wave.
    UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

  14. James_potter

    James_potter Guest