Should this be allowed

Dave Cutter

Jan 15, 2012
I got a PM this morning [below]. And as you can see it's nothing more than an advertisement. If the forum [owners] somehow profit by this... well then... that's OK with me. But is this just a spam high-jack?

[SIZE= 18px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 205)]**** the PM****[/COLOR][/SIZE]​

new cooperation with you Conversation between Igor Sekne and you

Igor Sekne
Today at 2:10 am
[SIZE= 10.5pt][FONT= &quot]Hello,Dave Cutter[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt][FONT= &quot]I am new here , from china ,now i have a online shop sells all the cycling equipments to worldwide. This is our website [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE= 10pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)][FONT= &quot]www.cycling-monton.com[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE= 10.5pt][FONT= &quot].and I hope i can have some relations with you , that is, you post a threat to let other members know our web , and we can say sent you some cycling kits for free.. And give you special discount in the future business. You can have a look at our website first, we are a professional shop and all the products are original.we have 10 years online trading and a deep history for cycling clothing.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt][FONT= &quot]And now we have some promotions, new registers can have a 5USD discount, and a lot of coupons, orders over 100,200,300,... Can own 2USD,4USD,6USD ....coupons code to enjoy a discount!![/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]here are the advantages of us,we believe they will be your choice for us:[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]1.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]With the passion for cycling,you can always find the latest style of cycling clothing on MONTON Cycling clothing online store. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]2.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]Customer satisfaction is a top priority of [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)][FONT= &quot]www.cycling-monton.com[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot] ,here you can enjoy our reasonable price、[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT= &quot]high quality products and caring service.the cycling clothing are directly come from MONTON Cycling factory from China,so you can enjoy our reasonable price.we have a team of professional design and manufacture of cycling clothing and accessories,such as Cycling jersey[/FONT][/SIZE][FONT= &quot]、[/FONT][FONT= &quot]Cycling shorts[/FONT][FONT= &quot]、[/FONT][FONT= &quot]bib shorts[/FONT][FONT= &quot]、[/FONT][FONT= &quot]tights[/FONT][FONT= &quot]、[/FONT][FONT= &quot]bib tights[/FONT][FONT= &quot]、[/FONT][FONT= &quot]cycling team clothing[/FONT][FONT= &quot]、[/FONT][FONT= &quot]gloves[/FONT][FONT= &quot]、[/FONT][FONT= &quot]socks and so on.we are always focused on developing new products and controlling quality management systems,What’s more, our products have been appreciated by customers with high-quality fabric, good sewing. [/FONT]
[SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]3.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]Fast delivery to worldwide:We ship all our merchandise from our on-site warehouse,your package will be shipped out in 1-3 business days.we always delivery via express mail,it only take about 5-7 days to arrive. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]4.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]Secure online shopping as verified daily by McAfee Secure. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]5.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]We choose the most safe payment methods “paypal” to protect the our transaction security. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]6.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]We have an excellent returns procedure where we will not charge you any additional fee, giving you extra confidence when you purchase. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]Thanks for your attention!! Hope your reply.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 10.5pt][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT= &quot]You can contact with through email[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Reactions: CypemernAppef
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter .

I got a PM this morning [below]. And as you can see it's nothing more than an advertisement. If the forum [owners] somehow profit by this... well then... that's OK with me. But is this just a spam high-jack?
Thanks for reporting that, I have banned the member and removed his content.

steve said:
Thanks for reporting that, I have banned the member and removed his content.
It's interesting that you actually were responsive to a board member's request......and your removed spam. Maybe the banned offender should have just posted his spam in the classifieds where it's perfectly ok.

These guys are just selling knock-off junk. the site looks good, but once they have your cash, all bets are off.

I ordered 3 sets of jersey/bib XL, received a few weeks later 3 XXXL sets, sent them back. 3 weeks later customs tells me a package with my address is in customs, but can't clear because there is no SENDER address/contact/company or contents listed.
contacted monton through their chat and they claimed not to know anything, can't find the tracking number, don't use that service, etc, won't give out any company info or phone number, and won't refund money. Customs will destroy the package in 30 days since they can't verify anything.

lesson learned.

fyi- all of the items were knockoffs of poor quality, REALLY don't waste your money. Spend a few extra bills to get legit quality items that will last more than a few rides. i ordered new stuff from total cycling in the UK and it's great.

This website is illegal. It is not the official one as well. You can not see the words "official" nowhere. I have friends in Spain who got sponsored by Monton. And I could tell you by sure that, it is not the "Monton" we talk.

Yeah, it's probably another shity spam. I'm really sick of all those spams out there, seriously annoying as ****. :/

That's spam from a bot.
Its NOT allowed, it's against the forum rules.
Please Please Please report this when you see it!
The mods and admins here work really hard, but as any forum mod/admin will tell you it's a constant battle with this garbage.
It helps when we do our part and report this nonsense.