Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Originally posted by larry barr
Nice looking ride, tell us about it. I for one have never heard of a Birdetti.
It's Reynolds 853 tubing. custom built with powder coat and custom made decals. The name Birdetti...It goes along with my nick name Bird Dog

Originally posted by Kirkster
Sorry Guys don't have a piccy ov My best bike with out Me sat on it so here it is! :D :D :D

That looks like a big cog on the front, what gearing is it?

Originally posted by Spider1977
That looks like a big cog on the front, what gearing is it?

The gearing I used for that event, which was the British Circuit TT National Champs, was 55/44 and 11/21.......... :D

Here's my best bike: (I hope -- this reply field behaves a little oddly in Safari)

Bianchi Mega Pro SL Lite
Campag Record Carbon 2001
Campag Nucleon Wheels
Vittoria Open Pro CX Evo Tyres
Cinelli Grammo Ti A-Head stem & 66/42s
Flite Titanium Saddle

Apologies for crappy photo quality (disposable camera)

Two questions:

1. Someone posted a link either on this thread or the "How light..." thread linking to their own site containing some seriously light road bikes (one was under 10 lbs!). I can't seem to find the link anymore...anyone know it?

2. If you're posting a picture of your bike, do you think it's really a good idea to photograph it from the non-drive side?

How do you post a picture? I have 4 bikes to post including a Colnago in the Geos paint scheme and a 1977 Paramount in original condition. Help!!

Damn...... trying to get a pic that does the silver paint justice !
Specs on page 12 of this thread.

Here's mine -
tifosipic2.jpg

I've had it a year now & so far done 4450 miles but it hasnt left the UK yet. Still working deciding what to do this summer....
Raggy

Originally posted by SCOOBA STEVE
I am in the process of getting my GIANT bike on this thread. meanwhile show me yours and i'll show you mine.

Bike: Cannondale R4000Si ("Sex on Wheels" - Cycling Plus)
Scenery: Loch Lomond and Ben Lomond

A perfect combination of bike, hills to climb and roads to ride.

"Is this Heaven?" "No, it's Scotland" (With apologies to Field of Dreams)

Originally posted by RichieRay
Team 7up 2002 CAAD 5 USPRO Criterium Chanmpionship Bike

I've been knocking around a CAAD bike for a while as a trainer. I really like the ride of the CAAD 5 and newer. My buddy rode forever on a CAAD3, and recently picked up a CAAD7, and man it's nice.

Originally posted by angrydave
I've been knocking around a CAAD bike for a while as a trainer. I really like the ride of the CAAD 5 and newer. My buddy rode forever on a CAAD3, and recently picked up a CAAD7, and man it's nice.

I agree Dave... many folks knock Cdales for harse ride characteristics... but my CAAD 7 (The first Team 7up bike pictured) is incredible... so nimble, and not harsh whatsoever... and this is coming from someone coming off a Serotta Legend Ti. The Cdale accelerates better than the Legend... no question.

I was fortunate enough to get Kevin Monahan's backup bike. this frame has hardly been ridden. It spent more time on top of a team car than on the road.

I agree Dave... many folks knock Cdales for harse ride characteristics... but my CAAD 7 (The first Team 7up bike pictured) is incredible... so nimble, and not harsh whatsoever... and this is coming from someone coming off a Serotta Legend Ti. The Cdale accelerates better than the Legend... no question.

I was fortunate enough to get Kevin Monahan's backup bike. this frame has hardly been ridden. It spent more time on top of a team car than on the road.

How did you score that?:)

Just a friend doing a friend a favor...

Nice. My first real road bike that I bought in 1984 was a Cdale. It was a great ride and fast. Even though it was one of the first I never felt that the ride quality was overly harsh. Unfortunately, we me a motorist that did not like to share with others and that was the end of that. One Atala and one Bianchi later I am on a Fondriest Status.