Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Originally posted by RichieRay
Just Built!

Nice bike - I've been thinking about going with a custom built frame. I'd like to know what your thoughts are on the ride, basically I want to know if it is worth the cash outlay? I'm torn between the Serotta Legend or Independant Fab's King Ti, and whether I need to spend that much on a frame and fork. My old road bike rides great and there is no real need to upgrade just a desire to.

Originally posted by SCOOBA STEVE
I am in the process of getting my GIANT bike on this thread. meanwhile show me yours and i'll show you mine.

I bought one to ride while the other was in the shop being fixed after being hit by a pickup.

Originally posted by KGnagey
Nice bike - I've been thinking about going with a custom built frame. I'd like to know what your thoughts are on the ride, basically I want to know if it is worth the cash outlay? I'm torn between the Serotta Legend or Independant Fab's King Ti, and whether I need to spend that much on a frame and fork. My old road bike rides great and there is no real need to upgrade just a desire to.

When did need ever have anything to do with it.

Originally posted by Spider1977
See below from another thread. Hey MBL, nice bike but where are the bullet holes?

South African cyclists arrested after shoot-out
Two South African cyclists were arrested on Sunday after a shoot-out in which they attempted to defend themselves against armed men who they claimed were trying to steal their bikes. According to reports on South African websites one of the attackers later died from gunshot wounds.

According to SAPA reports, Captain Tshisikhawe Ndou of the South African police said the two told police they were cycling along Boundary Road in Honeydew north of Johannesburg around 8am when six men armed with handguns ran into the road and tried to steal their bicycles. The two riders were carrying their own guns and in the ensuing confrontation one of the alleged robbers was shot twice in the face. His five companions ran away while he was later taken to hospital.

Ndou said police opened an attempted murder docket as a matter of procedure and the pair would spend the night in custody. They were due to appear in the Randburg Magistrates Court on Monday when the public prosecutor would take a decision on whether to pursue the case.

Were those the new Dura Ace titanium hand guns with the superaero carbon fiber bullets?

My blue Pinarello. I've wanted Italian steel for soooo long. Finally got this ride a couple years ago.

Lester Luallin

I was playing around with my camera last night and decided this morning while uploading, I am horrible at taking pictures.:(

Frame was made by a guy in California that I bought from on Ebay
105 derailleurs, shifters and crank
Ritchey handlebar with Cinelli tape
Campagnolo headset
Mavic CXP21 rims with Ultegra hubs and Michelin Pro Race tires
Tiagra brakes with replaceable cartridge pads
Nashbar seatpost with Gipiemme saddle
Nashbar Ventoux pedals
Cateye Enduro computer
Cheap Bell bag and Zefal waterbottles from Wally World

Originally posted by SCOOBA STEVE
I am in the process of getting my GIANT bike on this thread. meanwhile show me yours and i'll show you mine.

I bought a new TCR Giant also, will be ready in the next week

Ok, here she is...just finished the build.

Pedal Force ZX2, Campy Chorus, FSA Compact...

Originally posted by jstraw

Very Nice... (Excuse me for asking, but Pedal Force is the brand?)

Originally posted by Cipher
Very Nice... (Excuse me for asking, but Pedal Force is the brand?)

Pedal Force is one retailer/importer of carbon monocoque frames built by Martec in Taiwan. Martec's production line is responsible for (among others), carbon frames sold as BP Stealth, EPX, Supergo, Kestral (Talon models). I think they built a few Look models at one time as well.

The bikes they build for different retailers differ in that the molds are not the same but the production methods are. My frame doesn't look like a Talon but it's made the same. It also costs 1/3 as much as any comparable carbon monococque frames sold under a well-known brand name.

I haven't ridden it yet, it's presently 10 degrees Farenheit here...but the build went smoothly and the fit and finish seem superb. It's clear-coat over the carbon except where it's black at the joints...I presume to camoflage where the carbon weave collides from different directions.

The fork and seatpost are both from Pedal Force as well.

http://www.pedalforce.com

Stunning bike! give us some more info as to ur set-up? The price is excellent i'm about to excercise my credit card! Got some pics u can share with us? The seat post looks a wonder!

Originally posted by rossoreduk
Stunning bike! give us some more info as to ur set-up? The price is excellent i'm about to excercise my credit card! Got some pics u can share with us? The seat post looks a wonder!

Before you get too excited, the seatpost is a piece of ****e. I'm sending it back. No matter how hard I torque the bolt the tilt angle adjustment can be moved by hand. I just ordered a Campy Chorus carbon seat post from Excelsports.com

As for the setup, here's the complete list of componantry and weights:

FRAME PEDAL FORCE ZX2 1.334
Fork PEDAL FORCE FFN .364
HEADSET Cane Creek I-S2 .090
SEATPOST PEDAL FORCE P1 .165
CRANKSET FSA Carbon Pro Compact .548
F. DERAILEUR Chorus double .074
R. DERAILEUR Chorus short .202
LEVERS Chorus .398
CABLES Campagnolo Ergo .250**
BRAKES Chorus .358
BOTTOM BRACKET FSA Platinum Pro Ti .180
CASSETTE American Classic 12/25 .290
SADDLE Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow .310
HEADSET SPACERS Spinergy Carbon .012
HANDLEBAR TAPE Cinelli Cork .048
CHAIN Wipperman Nickel .296
STEM ITM Millenium 110mm .140***
HANDLEBARS ITM Millenium 44mm .215***
Wheels Cane Creek Aerohead SG 1.784
PEDALS Time Impact Magnesium .290
Skewers Nashbar .098
Tubes blackburn thin .200
Tires Continental Ultra 2000 fold 25mm .412
Rim Tape Velox .****

** pre-trim
*** unverified
**** weighed with wheels

8.058 k 17lb. 12.24oz.

I have NOT weighed the actual, built up bike yet.

I may or may not be going to different wheels soon. I'll take some detail shots and put them on my web page since I doubt people want to see a whole mess of them lading here. I'll post as soon as they're online.

Escept for the two "unverified" items which I forgot to weigh...I personally weighed everything on a kitchen scale that's only accurate within 2 grams. Hence the need to weigh the complete bike...which is out of the scale's range.

Before you get too excited, the seatpost is a piece of ****e. I'm sending it back. No matter how hard I torque the bolt the tilt angle adjustment can be moved by hand. I just ordered a Campy Chorus carbon seat post from Excelsports.com

As for the setup, here's the complete list of componantry and weights:

FRAME PEDAL FORCE ZX2 1.334
Fork PEDAL FORCE FFN .364
HEADSET Cane Creek I-S2 .090
SEATPOST PEDAL FORCE P1 .165
CRANKSET FSA Carbon Pro Compact .548
F. DERAILEUR Chorus double .074
R. DERAILEUR Chorus short .202
LEVERS Chorus .398
CABLES Campagnolo Ergo .250**
BRAKES Chorus .358
BOTTOM BRACKET FSA Platinum Pro Ti .180
CASSETTE American Classic 12/25 .290
SADDLE Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow .310
HEADSET SPACERS Spinergy Carbon .012
HANDLEBAR TAPE Cinelli Cork .048
CHAIN Wipperman Nickel .296
STEM ITM Millenium 110mm .140***
HANDLEBARS ITM Millenium 44mm .215***
Wheels Cane Creek Aerohead SG 1.784
PEDALS Time Impact Magnesium .290
Skewers Nashbar .098
Tubes blackburn thin .200
Tires Continental Ultra 2000 fold 25mm .412
Rim Tape Velox .****

** pre-trim
*** unverified
**** weighed with wheels

8.058 k 17lb. 12.24oz.

I have NOT weighed the actual, built up bike yet.

I may or may not be going to different wheels soon. I'll take some detail shots and put them on my web page since I doubt people want to see a whole mess of them lading here. I'll post as soon as they're online.

Escept for the two "unverified" items which I forgot to weigh...I personally weighed everything on a kitchen scale that's only accurate within 2 grams. Hence the need to weigh the complete bike...which is out of the scale's range.

Oh dear! sorry to hear about ur seat post! just out of intrest how tall r u and wots the frame size? thanks

Originally posted by rossoreduk
Oh dear! sorry to hear about ur seat post! just out of intrest how tall r u and wots the frame size? thanks

I'm 5'9" and the frame is 56cm.

Apparently due to the utter lack of instructions packed with the frame, I failed to use a washer that was intended for use with the seat post. Now that part of the friction surface has been worn smooth I'm still sending it back and I'll never know if it was a great post at a bargain price. Oh well.

I have a bunch of detailed photos online at http://smallproblem.com/carbon/ now.

Exchanged my Dura Ace crank for an FSA Carbon...Couldn't edit my previous post (Forum limitation) so I am re-posting pic.