Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Originally posted by jstraw
Ok, here she is...just finished the build.

Pedal Force ZX2, Campy Chorus, FSA Compact...
Who do you race with in Topeka? I used to live in Kansas City and know many of the people in KCBC.

Originally posted by mjolnir2k
Exchanged my Dura Ace crank for an FSA Carbon...Couldn't edit my previous post (Forum limitation) so I am re-posting pic.

You have a right to be proud. :)

Originally posted by birddogbiker
Who do you race with in Topeka? I used to live in Kansas City and know many of the people in KCBC.

I don't race at all...I strictly train. Riding is my preferred aerobic activity and I just like the feeling of being on my bike. I don't even ride with a group...though I think I may change that this year.

Originally posted by toseley
That's a beauty! What those wheels run you?

Thanks! It's taken me quite a while to get all the parts together to build it up.

The wheels retail for $1,395 but I got them new, plus the tires, for about 1/2 that on eBay (GOD Bless eBay).

Originally posted by mjolnir2k
Thanks! It's taken me quite a while to get all the parts together to build it up.

The wheels retail for $1,395 but I got them new, plus the tires, for about 1/2 that on eBay (GOD Bless eBay).

I agree on Ebay. I didnt buy anything for my pinarello on Ebay, but I always build my MTB bikes from there. :)

Dave

Just wanted to toss in a shot of mine. Built it myself. Hand picked the componants prepped the frame and all!

Originally posted by bryanquinn
Just wanted to toss in a shot of mine. Built it myself. Hand picked the componants prepped the frame and all!

I'll try one more time. oh well guess not. (sigh)

haha yeah .. just so you know what that there bike is, its a raliegh 20, they are quite old (early 60s) but that one is a late 60s model(note the carrier is chromed steel, the earlier ones the carrier was made of colored/coloured tubing) do i sound sad knowing so much about an old bike like that? :D

Hi Gang! I'm a Newbie, LBS sold me this Cannondale R800, snow on the ground here, 0 miles on the bike. Anyone have any opinions on this bike for a rookie just starting to road cycle?
can800.jpg

Thanks Stiff!
Can't wait until the snow melts, I've been practicing on the clipless pedals in the doorway after reading all the horror stories about rookies & clipless pedals. I hope to be able to eventually ride with the group at the LBS. I am really happy I found this forum, have learned a lot just reading everyones posts.

:O)

Originally posted by kaehlerpie
Hi Gang! I'm a Newbie, LBS sold me this Cannondale R800, snow on the ground here, 0 miles on the bike. Anyone have any opinions on this bike for a rookie just starting to road cycle?
can800.jpg

Yeah, put some pedals on it. You'll be able to move then! Ha ha:D

Originally posted by kaehlerpie
can800.jpg

That's a gorgeous ride! You should be very happy... except for those times... like now... with snow on the ground. But hey, you can just sit and look at it and bask in the glow.

:)

Originally posted by Daft_vada
just for a laugh.... :D ;) :p

I tried to post a pic of my own but couldn't get it to do so. After you browse for a photo what do you do next?

Originally posted by bryanquinn
I tried to post a pic of my own but couldn't get it to do so. After you browse for a photo what do you do next?

Compose your message, browse for your photo and then click submit Reply. Nothing to it...