Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Originally Posted by adenough
Built this up from a frame that i managed to buy for £70. 853 Reynolds Steel. Custom, Raleigh Team Special Products. Fast and light. Don't have the confidence for carbon yet.
Good looking bike.
Carbon is overrated - what you've got is good ;-)

Bigbananabike said:
Good looking bike.  Carbon is overrated - what you've got is good ;-)
Agreed, I've got a 853 Steel Lemond and a Specialized Tarmac SL. There is simply no comparison in ride quality, the only thing the SL has going for it is speed and lighter weight

Thanks for that.
The bike does ride beautifully. I don't know it's history but I'm told these were custom made by Raleigh Special Products for certain riders. It has a braze-on under the toptube for a race number. I was going to remove it so I could fit a frame pump but did not have the heart.
I've only fitted basic Shimano Sora/Tiagra running gear and wheels, bars etc. It is a big frame but comes in at 10kg which is about 22lbs I think. thats fine with me and gives me lots of opportunity to go lighter if I want to invest.

Jim

New to me! Just picked this up after having my Jamis stolen :(. I am preparing for a sprint tri at the end of August. Love it so far I just need to get some miles on it.

Not "off the rack"

Your bike is very beauty. What you think about my bike. I cant found what year is made. What size is your crank and the cassete. is 9 speeds cassete?

Nice bike you have. 52/42 crank is better than 53/39. I have bike with 9 speeds cassete wich cassete is good match that cranks, This is my bike in the photo

I not live in hilly area. I not ride on the road just in bike trail. The one i go most is 10 miles long that trail have the elevation from 700 feet to 900 feet. Is had short steep hills i think i am good climber too because i have seen people few times walking on that hills. And i not have seen same riders ride over and over one had told me not like this trail is wanted go fast. I used ride in that trail with steel bike nishiki century i had crank 52/42 with freewheel 7 speeds 14-28. Now one time i have go in that trail with my cannondale i had 53-39 crank and cassete 9 speeds 12-25 i stayed on the seat on the hills. Yesterday i see one old steel road bike bianchi sport sx the model is was 56cm seat tube and 56cm top tube is need work is heavy too. I looked online i see that bikes made in japan i had the think bianchi made in italy. Priceis was $100 i not know if is worth i see that model when is made is was in the lower end.

New on the forum... here specs and pics from my new toy, just picked up Monday... road already for 3 days... 220kms. And it feels just perfect bike..
Also pics of my big bro bike (twin bike) and old TCR Advanced.

My TCR on his best.

New Toy and Bro bike
Giant Propel Advanced SL (XSmall)
Giant Contact SLR 100mm Stem
Giant Contact SLR Aero handlebar 42cm
Sram Force 22 (53-39 / 11-28)
Sram S60 wheels
LOOK KEO Blade Carbon
Fizik Arione VS
Fizik Superlight bar tape
Elite Custom Race cage
Schwalbe Lugano Tires

Propel and TCR

Which crank size and cassete is good. I have 53/39 and 9 speeds cassete 12-13-14-15-17-19-21-23-25, Is okay? also i have 52/42 i can use in that bike what crank is better or cassete match this cranks

well here,s something for you to laugh at..
its not a road bike its a mountain bike hard-tail..which im using on the road at the moment..with mountain bike tyres and still doing over 20 miles a time..doing 20 miles on the road

with mountain tyres takes a bit of doing for someone who.s only been back rideing 2 weeks..cyclists are passing me like im waiting for a bus..lol.
my bike nor my tyres are built for the road..but my 20 miles is just as hard as they,re 40 miles..but being a newbie to this great hobby once again. im back and im ready to take on all the hills the welsh mountains have to offer.
once i get a road bike with the right tyres..ill be flying along..lol..a man is werth more when tries..and im trying folks.

here,s a photo of my piece of hard work..lol.

all the best BF

Ray !!

Nothing wrong with that, you don't have to have a road bike, any bike is better than no bike. I have several types. You could put slick or semi slick tyres on to give an easier ride, whatever you do keep it up and good luck
big-smile.png

thanks david

ive just ordered tyres (slick)..the mountain bike tyres that are on the bike are just not doing the job on the road. they really slowing me down mate.
looking forward to putting the new tyres on nextweek..thanks again..

You have real nice mountain bike. I not laugh with you because you ride mountain bike, Many people ride mountain bikes include me before. I have buy mountain bikes steel from thrift stores before and ride. Always had pass me by road bikes. I wanted to try put on mountain bike crank 52/42 like road bike see if is can go fast as road bike but never finally i do that. After i found road bike old steel bike i had start ride that bike. Now i have that bike in the photo. Is aluminum frame my first better road bike. Slick tires on your mountain bike you do good you put. 20 miles for start you do good i need start ride again daily as i used i have stop more than 2 years to ride do 20 miles daily the good days after work and weekends. I tried that thrift stores bikes when i found i ride some try to fix make them better in the end i had waste my time not to ride. Now i have just one road bike.

Nice bikes you have. I have on my bike crank 53/39 and 9 speeds cassete 12-25 you think is good combination. What about crank 52/42 or i have replacement ring 40. i try setup my bike good for i do 100 miles. What thinks need in ride 100 miles like food water tools innertubes general anythink need for that ride

Cannondale R300 aluminum frame and fork. what you think about my bike. I have buyused i cant found info year made if is racing frame if is low end frame or higher end