Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

I work in the graphics industry. I used Photoshop to take out my daughter's hand. I had her pinch the rear tire to hold it up and all I had to do was take out her fingers and clone a little tire and grass. No big deal. Careful, you can't always believe what you see.

Originally posted by BikeLustRevisit
Eddy Merckx MXM Carbon Frame & Fork
Eddy Merckx logo seatpost (by selcof)
Dura Ace 10 speed gruppo
FSA KWing Carbon Bar with internal cable routing
FSA OS 115 Stem with Carbon face plate
Fizik Arione Saddle
Bebop Stainless pedals
Topolino clinchers with carbon-kevlar spokes
Carbon bottle cages

Total weight 16.5lbs as is

Very cool bike. How do you like the Topolino Wheels? Any concerns about it being a new/small company?

I've had problems with the wheels, but the company has 100% stood behind their product. They are a very smooth ride, which is what I sought in buying them.

Originally posted by larry barr
Very cool bike. How do you like the Topolino Wheels? Any concerns about it being a new/small company?

Originally posted by BikeLustRevisit
I've had problems with the wheels, but the company has 100% stood behind their product. They are a very smooth ride, which is what I sought in buying them.

What problems? What size rider are you?

:)
B

Originally posted by bstephens
What problems? What size rider are you?

B

The rear hub had play, and it had to be repaired several times. Finally they replaced the wheel.

The new wheel lost tension and trueness quickly, and they rebuilt that wheel.

They even paid the shipping charges both ways on it.

Originally posted by RichieRay
I agree Dave... many folks knock Cdales for harse ride characteristics... but my CAAD 7 (The first Team 7up bike pictured) is incredible... so nimble, and not harsh whatsoever... and this is coming from someone coming off a Serotta Legend Ti. The Cdale accelerates better than the Legend... no question.

I was fortunate enough to get Kevin Monahan's backup bike. this frame has hardly been ridden. It spent more time on top of a team car than on the road.

I've ridden steel all of my life, and finally broke down and purchased a Dale this last fall. I agree on the rough ride . . .added a Selle Italia ProLink gel flow, and FSA Carbon bars, stem, and seatpost . . .rides like a dream . . . .

Originally posted by kaehlerpie
Thanks Stiff!
Can't wait until the snow melts, I've been practicing on the clipless pedals in the doorway after reading all the horror stories about rookies & clipless pedals. I hope to be able to eventually ride with the group at the LBS. I am really happy I found this forum, have learned a lot just reading everyones posts.

:O)

I bought an R800 this last fall and wrecked it after 3 weeks!!!! I just got my frame replacemnt from CDale, and it is a CAAD5 '04 Saeco sprayed frame. Love the darn thing. I would suggest getting some more carbon for the bike, bars and seatpost . . .smooths out the ride wonderfully!!

The aluminum on cdales is so thin, its like riding a tin can.

I know many that have been scraped after the bike falling over.

Originally posted by waterboy420
I bought an R800 this last fall and wrecked it after 3 weeks!!!! I just got my frame replacemnt from CDale, and it is a CAAD5 '04 Saeco sprayed frame. Love the darn thing. I would suggest getting some more carbon for the bike, bars and seatpost . . .smooths out the ride wonderfully!!

Originally posted by waterboy420

I am addicted to carbon. got carbon soul. er. soles.

as for the rest......oh.

I dont deserve to be comfortable on my bike. I need to punish myself.

I love to suffer.

<cough><cough>

yeah. that's it.

Originally posted by packingpatty
How do you like you Lemond Bueno Aires? I think that will be my next bike!

I do not have the new 2004 Aires but i have the 2002 which is the steel with carbon fork and i love the bike. One of the main reasons that i love the lemond style is because it fits riders with a taller torso than longer legs and it fit me the best. i tried many bikes and felt this was the best fit but overall i can tell you this much i will never own anything as long as lemond is still a company. and just a side note my brother has the Zurich and he was in a wreck and sent it in to lemond and they gave him a new frame incase anything was cracked inside the carbon hands down they have great service

I feel almost embarrassed showing my ride here: isn’t carbon, isn’t titanium, isn’t custom build, but it’s the black beauty and she’s all mine.

Regards.

P.S. In reallity, the bike do have pedals and the front tyre is complete :D

Originally posted by cuervo
I feel almost embarrassed showing my ride here: isn’t carbon, isn’t titanium, isn’t custom build, but it’s the black beauty and she’s all mine.

Regards.

Its not the tools, its the carpenter. Nice ride.

Of course, I still have a huge Jones (desire) for more carbon.

So do I ...

Patience, my friend, patience.

Are you sure patience will bring us a bunch of money?

I’m not so confident, but hope is still alive !!!

Regards

Its not the tools, its the carpenter. Nice ride.

LOL... a friend told me recently, when I wouldn't shut up about my new bike...

"You can ride the same bike as Cipollini, wear the same helmet as Armstrong... but you only have Dom's legs".

Dom

Originally posted by cuervo

Regards.

P.S. In reallity, the bike do have pedals and the front tyre is complete :D

No reason for embarrassment at all. She's a little sweety!

52002.jpg

Bike Number 1

Crocodile Pro w/Oversize Tubing. Seen at start of Luang Namtha International Criterium in Northern Laos.
Whilst it tends to be a little slow out of the corners for Criterium work, it makes up for it in the longer races with the ability to carry a mechanic on the back.

EoinC