Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Originally posted by EoinC
Bike Number 1

Crocodile Pro w/Oversize Tubing. Seen at start of Luang Namtha International Criterium in Northern Laos.
Whilst it tends to be a little slow out of the corners for Criterium work, it makes up for it in the longer races with the ability to carry a mechanic on the back.

EoinC
Bugger didn't want to attach....try again.

Here's Bike No.2, a Lo Zsu custom, at the end of 4th Stage of Tour de Muang Sing on the Laos / China Border. The tight Track-Frame handling and stiff Bottom Bracket makes for a good sprinting combination and, with its lightweight, it just flies over the hills. That's my Coach applauding my efforts.

EoinC

This is Bike No.3. Yep, it's the Butanese Team Time Trial Bike that they were still developing (this photo is from the early days). I managed to pick it up off them when they realised that the aerodynamics were going to require a major re-think. They decided to go for a whole new concept and let me have this prototype for a song (and a couple of rounds).
About the only mod I have planned for it at the moment is to go for a set of lighter tyres and a pair of fluffy dice. Looking forward to taking it out ounce I swap kegs.

EoinC

Originally posted by sooray02
Here is my baby boy!

THis is the half way point in a twenty mile loop I ride at night alot. It takes me through our city park area, some of you likely recognize the fountain. This was last night around 10:00.

herman_loop.jpg

Here's the New build:

Bianchi SL3 MegaTube alloy/carbon
Campagnolo Record Carbon 10-speed 2004/2003 mix
Campagnolo Record full-Ti casette (bought in moment of weakness)
Campagnolo Neucleon Wheels/Vittoria CX Pros
Campagnolo Record Carbon Bottle cage
Non-descript stem

Generally very satisfied, except that the new 'matt' carbon finsh on the forks and stays looks very cheap'n'nasty IMHO and the new frame decals are actually blurred around the edges (intentionally) and look like they've been stencilled on -- badly. What were they thinking at Bianchi when they came up with that one?

Originally posted by EoinC
This is Bike No.3. Yep, it's the Butanese Team Time Trial Bike that they were still developing (this photo is from the early days). I managed to pick it up off them when they realised that the aerodynamics were going to require a major re-think. They decided to go for a whole new concept and let me have this prototype for a song (and a couple of rounds).
About the only mod I have planned for it at the moment is to go for a set of lighter tyres and a pair of fluffy dice. Looking forward to taking it out ounce I swap kegs.

EoinC

Is it just me or are there 12 members on the Team ?

:D

Nice Pics EoinC !

Originally posted by angrydave
It takes me through our city park area, some of you likely recognize the fountain.

Married with children?

The Bundys?

I'm sure I had seen that fountain before!!! :) It must be Chicago, Ill.

At that time I was laughing, now I admire your beautiful bike with a great fountain.

Regards

Originally posted by lischoux
Is it just me or are there 12 members on the Team ?

:D

Nice Pics EoinC !
Good spotting. The Butanese Team Time Trial manager requested and received a dispensation to run up to 12 riders per bike on the basis that, compared with other Nations where cycling has a higher profile, the Butanese Time Trial Team often suffered from members DNF'ing due to no-shows, falling asleep at the bar and being banned from the bike by the Coach / Navigator / Bartender.
Even with this dispensation, the Butanese have not manage to turn in good times - but they, reportedly, have had good times.

Eoin (I like a bike you can dance on) C

Originally posted by cuervo
Married with children?

The Bundys?

I'm sure I had seen that fountain before!!! :) It must be Chicago, Ill.

At that time I was laughing, now I admire your beautiful bike with a great fountain.

Regards

Thats funny. I never thought about it but it does look like the bundy fountain.

HEHEEH

Thats funny. I never thought about it but it does look like the bundy fountain.

HEHEEH

Not sure when it was re-named, but here in Chicago we generally prefer to call it the Buckingham Fountain.

Originally posted by larry barr
Not sure when it was re-named, but here in Chicago we generally prefer to call it the Buckingham Fountain.

Yeah I suppose I'd find it offensive if someone renamed something here after the Bundy's.

Where is that fountain? (i.e. downtown, etc)

Yeah I suppose I'd find it offensive if someone renamed something here after the Bundy's.

Where is that fountain? (i.e. downtown, etc)

downtown on the lakefront. Very scenic.

I have to get up there some time. There is so much in Chicago I'd like to see.

I feel the same about Texas. I would like to do Lance's ride sometime.

I feel the same about Texas. I would like to do Lance's ride sometime.

I just did a charity ride this weekend, the Tour De Cypress, have another one this coming Saturday, the Ride For All, and I am planning to do the ride for the Roses this fall (Lance's ride, the one I assume you mean) There is something just about every weekend somewhere. We are gearing up for the MS150 around here, so there are lots of "train-up" rides for those unaccustomed to miles in the saddle.

I just did a charity ride this weekend, the Tour De Cypress, have another one this coming Saturday, the Ride For All, and I am planning to do the ride for the Roses this fall (Lance's ride, the one I assume you mean) There is something just about every weekend somewhere. We are gearing up for the MS150 around here, so there are lots of "train-up" rides for those unaccustomed to miles in the saddle.

That would be the ride. We are still trying to break free of winter's grasp here, but riding has begun in earnest. That being said, the trainer has not been put away just yet. I am aiming for the Horribly Hilly Hundred in of all places Wisconsin. It is supposed to be quite tough, a 200K ride with 10,000 feet of climbing. I did not think you could ride 1000 miles around here and find that kind of elevation gain.

That would be the ride. We are still trying to break free of winter's grasp here, but riding has begun in earnest. That being said, the trainer has not been put away just yet. I am aiming for the Horribly Hilly Hundred in of all places Wisconsin. It is supposed to be quite tough, a 200K ride with 10,000 feet of climbing. I did not think you could ride 1000 miles around here and find that kind of elevation gain.

wheeeew 10,000 feet!

the Ride For All has a net gain of 3000, and given I've been riding the flatlands all winter,t hat should be a pretty good start.

wheeeew 10,000 feet!

the Ride For All has a net gain of 3000, and given I've been riding the flatlands all winter,t hat should be a pretty good start.

I have previously completed The Assualt on Mt. Mitchell in North Carolina about 11000 feet and The Triple Bypass in Colorado another 10- 11 thousand feet. Plenty of suffering for everybody.