Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

larry barr said:
What is the other bike?
The other bike in the pic is my girlfriend's Lemond Reno. Here's a better pic ('ve since installed clipless pedals on it):

Those Large Rimms. Deep Rims (mavic, Hed And Zipp Carbon Deep Rimms) You Can Buy Them On Ebay For Substantially Less Than Going To A Shop. To Much For Me To Afford Unfortuanately Since I'm Not Best Paid.

So If Anyone Would Like To Donate A Pair To Someone From A Poor Background Who Works To Eat To Cycle.

Plz E'mail And I'll Give You The Mailing Address.

closesupport said:
Those Large Rimms. Deep Rims (mavic, Hed And Zipp Carbon Deep Rimms) You Can Buy Them On Ebay For Substantially Less Than Going To A Shop.
I don't much care for those deep aero rims, because it's fairly windy where I ride, and wheels like that are subject to cross-drafts. I almost got killed while riding my Spinergys, because a cross-draft at the top of a hill nearly blew me into the path of a dumptruck.

Cool thread. I'm glad someone drug it back up to the top. Hadn't seen it before. Here's my Cannondale CAAD 5 w/ 9spd Dura-Ace and Ksyrium Elites. I've since changed to a Flite Ti saddle and carbon post.

meehs said:
Cool thread. I'm glad someone drug it back up to the top. Hadn't seen it before. Here's my Cannondale CAAD 5 w/ 9spd Dura-Ace and Ksyrium Elites. I've since changed to a Flite Ti saddle and carbon post.
You 7-foot tall people you...

craigstanton said:
Here is my Landshark custom w/ 2003 Dura Ace all around, Mavic Open Pro training rims, -- back when it was brand new. Steel is king. The frame is Deda Zero Uno, carbon fork. It's lovely. Best bike I've ever ridden, and I've been riding for quite some time.
Not bad for steel. ;)

btw, that Octalink crank logo is a sticker that you're expected to peel off after purchase/installation.

cydewaze said:
Not bad for steel. ;)

btw, that Octalink crank logo is a sticker that you're expected to peel off after purchase/installation.

Yeah. That Octalink sticker is lonnnnnnnnnng gone. Notice . . . when this pic was taken the bike was brand new. Fresh from John Slawta's shop.

meehs said:
Very nice!

Thanks Meehs. My first bike ever was a Cannon. I bought it with money from mowing lawns back in the early 80's. I stioll have it, actually. One of the very first years of production for Cannondale. The thing may be a collectors item, expect for the fact that it's got well over 20k on it. It never cracked and failed for me, and I rode it and rode it and rode it. I still ride it inside, it's on my indoor training unit.

BTW, what size is that frame? Looks to be rather large.

craigstanton said:
Thanks Meehs. My first bike ever was a Cannon. I bought it with money from mowing lawns back in the early 80's. I stioll have it, actually. One of the very first years of production for Cannondale. The thing may be a collectors item, expect for the fact that it's got well over 20k on it. It never cracked and failed for me, and I rode it and rode it and rode it. I still ride it inside, it's on my indoor training unit.

BTW, what size is that frame? Looks to be rather large.

I remeber the early Cannondales. Glad to hear you're still getting some use out of yours.

My C'Dale is a 63cm. The largest frame size that they make. One of the main reasons I went with a Cannondale is because they're one of the only "big" manufacturers that make a frame large enough for me. I actually seriously considered a custom Landshark. I would've preferred that (I love steel too) but I got a great deal on the C'Dale and it fis really nice. My MTB is a custom steel frame by Carl Strong and I love it. I don't get many offroad miles in anymore unfortunately.

meehs said:
I remeber the early Cannondales. Glad to hear you're still getting some use out of yours.

My C'Dale is a 63cm. The largest frame size that they make. One of the main reasons I went with a Cannondale is because they're one of the only "big" manufacturers that make a frame large enough for me. I actually seriously considered a custom Landshark. I would've preferred that (I love steel too) but I got a great deal on the C'Dale and it fis really nice. My MTB is a custom steel frame by Carl Strong and I love it. I don't get many offroad miles in anymore unfortunately.

I researched both Strong and Steelman frames. I was completely sold on Steelman, and would've taken that route . . . except the delays were too long at the time b/c Brent Steelman had some family stuff to take care of. Too bad. But, it all worked out for the best. John Slawta is a joy to work with, and when you are in the market again I highly recommend you consider working with him.

Some of those Strongs are also very perrty. I'll bet your off road is beautiful. Any pics?

craigstanton said:
I researched both Strong and Steelman frames. I was completely sold on Steelman, and would've taken that route . . . except the delays were too long at the time b/c Brent Steelman had some family stuff to take care of. Too bad. But, it all worked out for the best. John Slawta is a joy to work with, and when you are in the market again I highly recommend you consider working with him.

Some of those Strongs are also very perrty. I'll bet your off road is beautiful. Any pics?

I looked at Steelman too, but Strong seemed to be a little bit better deal I thought. Steelman does put out some really nice frames though. I didn't really look at Landshark when I was buying my MTB frame. I don't know why! Carl Strong was great to work with too though and I love the frame he did for me.

Someone else asked me if I could post a pic of the Strong awhile back. I don't have any pics of it on my computer though. I'll have to snap a couple with the digital camera and post one. It is nice looking. Again, freakishly large though! :eek:

Now, on the opposite end of the spectrum from craigstanton's bike, I present "Frankenbike". A cheap POS I'm about done making out of a $199 Supergo frame and a slew of leftover parts I had lying around. Once I get some cable housing, slap the chain on, and wrap the bars, I'll be good to go.

It ain't pretty, but it was fun to build, and it helps clean out all my parts boxes. Actually, I'm building this bike to permanently mount on my indoor trainer, to save me hauling my bike up the stairs.

cydewaze said:
Now, on the opposite end of the spectrum from craigstanton's bike, I present "Frankenbike". A cheap POS I'm about done making out of a $199 Supergo frame and a slew of leftover parts I had lying around. Once I get some cable housing, slap the chain on, and wrap the bars, I'll be good to go.

It ain't pretty, but it was fun to build, and it helps clean out all my parts boxes. Actually, I'm building this bike to permanently mount on my indoor trainer, to save me hauling my bike up the stairs.

Nice cydewaze. I am a big fan of the "permanent trainer" bike. Mine is red too :) I have an old cannondale frame with all sorts of different stuff thrown onto it. My collection of odd things from over the years. It certainly isn't pretty either, but does the trick. These days with my limited time, it's often either ride inside or don't ride at all. SO, I still put quite a few miles on that old thing.