Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Here's my Look KG381i with Dura Ace 9 and Ksyrium SSC's.

The frame colour I originaly ordered was the 2003 CSC team issue but they sent me that all matt black number. I would have sent it back but I needed it pronto for racing.. Its a sweet ride but I'm stuck with an ordinary colour that I'm not real fussed on.. sh#t happens I spose.

Doggystyle said:

The frame colour I originaly ordered was the 2003 CSC team issue but they sent me that all matt black number. I would have sent it back but I needed it pronto for racing.. Its a sweet ride but I'm stuck with an ordinary colour that I'm not real fussed on.. sh#t happens I spose.

How does that frame ride?

I heard that Looks are quite comfortable.

I was and still am thinking about getting a Look 451, my LBS would give me an amazing deal if I decide to get one.

Yeh mate its rides really well. Look have come a hell of a long way with their carbon frames! Its comfortable while still being laterally stiff and I couldnt be happier with it's performance. It isnt the lightest steed on the market but it more than makes up for it in other areas.

I cant speak for the 451, but if it's anywhere near as good as the 381i then go for it. Also, I've heard great things about the 585.

Doggystyle said:
Yeh mate its rides really well. Look have come a hell of a long way with their carbon frames! Its comfortable while still being laterally stiff and I couldnt be happier with it's performance. It isnt the lightest steed on the market but it more than makes up for it in other areas.

I cant speak for the 451, but if it's anywhere near as good as the 381i then go for it. Also, I've heard great things about the 585.

Cool, thanks. :D

I was looking on Ebay for a new ride, specifically in the Colnago section when I found this...
People are bored out there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98084&item=7143409471&rd=1

And I still haven't found a Colnago that fits me within a few hundred of my budget for a new road ride, gotta keep trudging through them. Any one knows of a sweet recent model with Record for a touch under 2G around a 53cm lemme know

Doggystyle said:

Nice! I really like the flat black! Has that "stealth" kind of look.

Guess YOU'VE never ridden a Vitus circa 80's/90's....rides like steel but is aluminum....my steel frames are great, but I ride my Vitus most.

Daremo said:
A lot of aluminum riders here ..............

Guess they've never ridden a well designed steel frame ......

And don't give me any BS about weight ........ unless you are a Cat. 1/2 racer, having a 17 lb bike doesn't help you at all ........ it is just bragging rights.

Trying racing an aluminum frame on crappy roads for 50+ miles, then do it on a steel bike. MUCH more comffortable on the steel ........

I've seen this thread for months, so I figured I'd finally put my post. This is the newest member of my family. Just built it up this Janurary and have 900 miles on her. 2005 Specialized Roubaix Pro, it's basically stock with the DA 10 spd with the exception of the Mavic SL's, Fizik Arione Saddle and an Easton EC70 stem. It's not very flashy, but I love it. I really like the au natural carbon finsih, and the understated stealthy look. These pictures don't do much justice (crappy pictures from my cell phone). Eventually I'll put up a family portrait with a decent photo:)

The differences between the stock OCR-1 pictured here and my bike is that I've got silver bottle cages, blue Vredestein Fortezza SE 700x23 tires, a Sports Instruments computer and Bell head and tail lights.

Shreklookalike said:
The differences between the stock OCR-1 pictured here and my bike is that I've got silver bottle cages, blue Vredestein Fortezza SE 700x23 tires, a Sports Instruments computer and Bell head and tail lights.
Here is my baby....2004 Lemond Tourmalet...all stock. SOon to be clipless and gotta change the a$$ wrecker saddle

Other than that I LOVE this bike. It rides like a dream, especially for a newbie who hasn't ridden in years.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, just ask my wife....but that won't stop me from telling you my bike is beeeeee-uuuuu-ti-full. oh, and you can buy it www.bikesoul.com - no I don't own this shop but I do know the guy who set it up.

I built this Look KG386 from a frameset. I has Chris King headset with the rest Record 10-speed. I have since gone to Campy Euros (black) wheels, added a white bottle cage to the seat tube, turned the Corima seatpost around, and gone to Polar S725 wireless cadence and speed sensors. I am currently installing the Bontrager bars that come with the Trek 5000-5500 series, b/c of thier shallow drop.

:rolleyes: I'd like to have all of these bikes. One for every day of the week. mmmmm....

Heres a pic of my bike, cause I didnt attach a photo last time (duh). Dressed for the evening in yellow sidewalls and white bar tape, snazzy, and then in black/red bar tape.

PS. How does that Corima Seat post ride with it backwards?

Hey Scooba Steve, do you belong to news groups related to the SF community? If you have to ask what SF is, then I guess not. lol I see your/this name all over the place.

here is my road bike - for the roads of our capital - Sofia - great extreme biking :D