Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

My newly rebuilt Cannondale R400

bike_w_wheels.jpg

Shawneebiker said:
Here's my R3.
r3jp4.jpg
Dude, that's my dream bike! Are you running Zipps, 404 (rear), and the 303 in the front? Is that the FSA Carbon Crank? Is that a 32 spoke rear wheel that you are using for your power tap? What is that wheel for the power tap? I have a power tap with 32 spokes but on a Mavic Wheel. Tell me more about the components on the bike.

What is the total weight on the bike?
How would you decsribe the ride?
Worth the bucks (frame set) ?

Thanks, appriciate feedback.

likes to ride said:
Dude, that's my dream bike! Are you running Zipps, 404 (rear), and the 303 in the front? Is that the FSA Carbon Crank? Is that a 32 spoke rear wheel that you are using for your power tap? What is that wheel for the power tap? I have a power tap with 32 spokes but on a Mavic Wheel. Tell me more about the components on the bike.

What is the total weight on the bike?
How would you decsribe the ride?
Worth the bucks (frame set) ?

Thanks, appriciate feedback.
404 Pave and 303 Pave tubular rims/32 and 28 spoke saipim CX-ray spokes. Had the rear custom built at my LBS. Bought a stock 303 Pave front. Those are Record 180mm cranks. All 07 Record except rear der. Chorus. Ritchey SP and Stem. Zero G brakes. Deda Newton shallow bars. Keo Carbon Ti pedals. Only thing thats really W.W. is the brakes.

The bike weighs 15.3 lbs. as shown.

I have no reason to even consider another frame at this point. There are no negatives I can find with the R3. Absolutely worth every penny! Assuming you have the $$$ to spend.

BTW I've had it since April 06.

Shawneebiker said:
404 Pave and 303 Pave tubular rims/32 and 28 spoke saipim CX-ray spokes. Had the rear custom built at my LBS. Bought a stock 303 Pave front. Those are Record 180mm cranks. All 07 Record except rear der. Chorus. Ritchey SP and Stem. Zero G brakes. Deda Newton shallow bars. Keo Carbon Ti pedals. Only thing thats really W.W. is the brakes.

The bike weighs 15.3 lbs. as shown.

I have no reason to even consider another frame at this point. There are no negatives I can find with the R3. Absolutely worth every penny! Assuming you have the $$$ to spend.

BTW I've had it since April 06.

AWESOME! :eek:

How does it climb, decend, sprint, and how does it handle on rough roads (vibrations)? I have a Trek carbon Fiber and only wish that they made one size larger. The top tube is just a little bit short on thier largest frame, 62cm IMO.

likes to ride said:
AWESOME! :eek:

How does it climb, decend, sprint, and how does it handle on rough roads (vibrations)? I have a Trek carbon Fiber and only wish that they made one size larger. The top tube is just a little bit short on thier largest frame, 62cm IMO.
It is super stiff yet compliant. Feels like every bit of your power is being transferred to moving you forward. Quick in the corners and super stable on decents. It soaks up vibrations remarkably. I cannot ask for anything more out of a bike.

So I got my new Bianchi... :)
Brifters: Ultegra
RD: Ultegra
FD: 105
Crankset: FSA Gossamer MegaExo Double 53/39t
Cassette: Fac Michelin PRIMATO 12-25 10V
Wheels: Mavic Open Pro Rims, DT Swiss spokes and 105 hubs. *
Pedals: Look Keo Sprints
Saddle: Selle San Marco Ponza
Handlebars: Bontrager Race Lite (Aluminium, not sure which model!)
Bottle cages: Bontrager Race Lite
Shoes: Shimano

I'll be getting a Sigma BC 1606L DTS with wireless cadence cycle computer for her.

* The front wheel is on loan to me while my LBS awaits stock of front 105 hubs in order to build the front wheel.

The bar tape is temporary until they have instock some Bianchi branded tape in the Celeste colour.
The cable covers are kind of a grey/silver. I don't mind them but as I didn't think to specify to the LBS what colour I wanted them, I won't make a fuss.

So, on with the pics!

pict0096ra3.jpg

pict0098tv5.jpg

pict0102tz6.jpg

pict0109ed9.jpg

More soon...

Being new to clipless pedals, I went to a park to practice clipping in and out with the lowest spring tension. After severall hours, I have now got it pretty well sussed and am 95% confidant out on the roads and in traffic. I had a few moments where I got a green light and struggled to clip in, but fortunately drivers have been very patient with me! I went for a sprint one time and I unclipped. This was quite unnerving so I have tightened the pedal tension a little to make this harder.

The only fall I have had off of grass was on a MUP on the beach front in my home town of Exmouth. I came to a dead slow as some ones dog walked past (leashed) and then stopped. I just held there for half a second thinking: "hmmm I am sure I am supposed to do something right now". Down I went! :D Caught myself with my arm though and there was no harm done. A couple sat on a bench were amused but we both had a little chuckle over it. :eek:

I am finding the gearing a little on the aggressive side, with out a cycle computer I cant be sure of my cadence, but I tend to find I am mashing at about 70 as opposed to my more comfortable range of 90-100. With that said, I will ask the LBS to swap the cranks over to a 50/36 or 34 compact so the two cassette ranges are more suited to my preferences. I don't think I will miss the 53-12 combination as I am finding I can pedal quite slowly and easily hit the 30 mph limit (based on maintaining a distance behind a car) on the roads I have used thus far with a 53-21 combination .

I am otherwise very happy with her and looking forward to many thousands of miles of exploration, challange and fun on her!

dpr said:
So I got my new Bianchi... :)
Brifters: Ultegra
RD: Ultegra
FD: 105
Crankset: FSA Gossamer MegaExo Double 53/39t
Cassette: Fac Michelin PRIMATO 12-25 10V
Wheels: Mavic Open Pro Rims, DT Swiss spokes and 105 hubs. *
Pedals: Look Keo Sprints
Saddle: Selle San Marco Ponza
Handlebars: Bontrager Race Lite (Aluminium, not sure which model!)
Bottle cages: Bontrager Race Lite
Shoes: Shimano

I'll be getting a Sigma BC 1606L DTS with wireless cadence cycle computer for her.

* The front wheel is on loan to me while my LBS awaits stock of front 105 hubs in order to build the front wheel.

The bar tape is temporary until they have instock some Bianchi branded tape in the Celeste colour.
The cable covers are kind of a grey/silver. I don't mind them but as I didn't think to specify to the LBS what colour I wanted them, I won't make a fuss.

So, on with the pics!
pict0109ed9.jpg

More soon...

Being new to clipless pedals, I went to a park to practice clipping in and out with the lowest spring tension. After severall hours, I have now got it pretty well sussed and am 95% confidant out on the roads and in traffic. I had a few moments where I got a green light and struggled to clip in, but fortunately drivers have been very patient with me! I went for a sprint one time and I unclipped. This was quite unnerving so I have tightened the pedal tension a little to make this harder.

The only fall I have had off of grass was on a MUP on the beach front in my home town of Exmouth. I came to a dead slow as some ones dog walked past (leashed) and then stopped. I just held there for half a second thinking: "hmmm I am sure I am supposed to do something right now". Down I went! :D Caught myself with my arm though and there was no harm done. A couple sat on a bench were amused but we both had a little chuckle over it. :eek:

I am finding the gearing a little on the aggressive side, with out a cycle computer I cant be sure of my cadence, but I tend to find I am mashing at about 70 as opposed to my more comfortable range of 90-100. With that said, I will ask the LBS to swap the cranks over to a 50/36 or 34 compact so the two cassette ranges are more suited to my preferences. I don't think I will miss the 53-12 combination as I am finding I can pedal quite slowly and easily hit the 30 mph limit (based on maintaining a distance behind a car) on the roads I have used thus far with a 53-21 combination .

I am otherwise very happy with her and looking forward to many thousands of miles of exploration, challange and fun on her!
Those Bonty bottlecages really go well with that frame, like they were made for each other.

waxbytes said:
Those Bonty bottlecages really go well with that frame, like they were made for each other.

Im very pleased with them. I had never seen them in a bike shop before and was rather chuffed that the LBS I got my bike from had some in white that matched so well.

07' Trek 1500 (SLR Aluminum Frame)
105 Shifters, Front Derailleur
Ultegra Crank, Cassette, Rear Derailleur, Chain
Bontrager Select Wheels, Tires (Soon to by upgraded to Mich PR2s), Stem, Bars
Stella Waffer Bar Tape (kickass)
Shimano M520 SPD pedals (Soon to be upgraded to Keo pedals)
Cateye Micro Wireless Computer
Selle Italia SMP2 Saddle

100_4623.jpg

100_4624.jpg

My 2007 Masi Gran Corsa:

105 Front
Ultegra Rear
105 Freewheel and chain
105 lever shifters
R500 wheelset with bladed spokes

and...

Blasphemous aero bars because I was doing a tri the next day. They come off most of the time.

The sweetest part about this bike is the carbon stays.
imgp1446jc3.jpg

Ok, after almost 4 years I can get back with something that I really like, this is my racing bike:

Cannondale Six-13
Full Dura Ace
Deda Newton bar and stem
Selle Italia SLR seat
Easton EC-70 seatpost
Easton EC-90 Aero wheels

It's a dream to ride, a really fast dream.

Kept next to me in the bedroom when I'm not riding. The wife actually agreed the bike should be kept inside the house after she found out what I paid for it.:D

Hello, here's a pic of my new Cervelo r3sl. Just built up three weeks ago, can't wait till the roads are a bit cleaner for the maiden voyage. This is my first time with attaching pics here so I hope you can see my bike. Lot of great bike pics. Thanks everybody.