Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

deckard said:
Nice, I like the pedals.

Thankyou, I almost had second thoughts upon ordering them but once they were on the bike, well, it looks pimpin if you ask me.

By the way that Soloist of yours is very nice. Kinda funny to see two Cervelo's in a row, I couldn't even plan that. :D

New to the whole bike tech thing, but here is a pic of my fixed up late 70's Fuji. Comments or thoughts appreciated.

2335281316_36a4513841_o_d.jpg

cuervo said:
Ok, after almost 4 years I can get back with something that I really like, this is my racing bike:

Cannondale Six-13
Full Dura Ace
Deda Newton bar and stem
Selle Italia SLR seat
Easton EC-70 seatpost
Easton EC-90 Aero wheels

It's a dream to ride, a really fast dream.
How do you like those wheels so far? I have a pair on order that should be here within the next 3ish weeks.

Finally! My baby with her dancing shoes on.

Cervelo R3
Dura-Ace
K-Force Light Crank
Zipp 404 tubes with Powertap SL

Why do so many people on this forum purchase the R3, Cervelo is a great company but why would you not get the Soloist, it is the same price, more aerodynamic and can get to the UCI limit with sensible gear. Cervelo reccomends the soloist as the fastest bike for almost all situations. It is a faster bike.

Are you all pathological weight weenies or something???

padawan said:
Finally! My baby with her dancing shoes on.

Cervelo R3
Dura-Ace
K-Force Light Crank
Zipp 404 tubes with Powertap SL

11ring said:
Why do so many people on this forum purchase the R3, Cervelo is a great company but why would you not get the Soloist, it is the same price, more aerodynamic and can get to the UCI limit with sensible gear. Cervelo reccomends the soloist as the fastest bike for almost all situations. It is a faster bike.

A very good question! And one I really struggled with for months before finally opting for the R3.

I can't speak for all the others but the biggest deciding factor for me was the ride quality. Since a (motor)bike accident a bunch of years ago, I have a few comfort issues on long rides. On test rides, (actual or not) I did perceive a difference in vertical compliance and comfort between the two bikes - I even ensured I was using the same wheels and tire pressure on the test rides.

If I was only racing on the bike, I would have selected the Soloist, hands down. But the reality is I'm going to do most of my training on that bike too. I'm not going to train on one bike and race on another.

Finally, I like the opportunity of using the R3's comfort to tackle rides that include some pretty rough terrain, dirt roads or even single track.

As for the decision to go with a Cervelo... aside from the fact that I'm Canadian and proud that a small Candian start-up company ended up truly producing some of the best damn bikes in the world, it's a sponsorship thing. So maybe I'll choose the Soloist next year - or more likely the SLC-SL. Unless Cervelo finally comes out with the R3 Cross. :D

Powerful Pete said:
That Litespeed is a very elegant bicycle. What triple crank are you running in that setup?

I'm using an Ultegra 9 speed Triple, with Mavic Ksyrium Elites wheels & Chris King headset.

padawan said:
A very good question! And one I really struggled with for months before finally opting for the R3.

I can't speak for all the others but the biggest deciding factor for me was the ride quality. Since a (motor)bike accident a bunch of years ago, I have a few comfort issues on long rides. On test rides, (actual or not) I did perceive a difference in vertical compliance and comfort between the two bikes - I even ensured I was using the same wheels and tire pressure on the test rides.

If I was only racing on the bike, I would have selected the Soloist, hands down. But the reality is I'm going to do most of my training on that bike too. I'm not going to train on one bike and race on another.

Finally, I like the opportunity of using the R3's comfort to tackle rides that include some pretty rough terrain, dirt roads or even single track.

As for the decision to go with a Cervelo... aside from the fact that I'm Canadian and proud that a small Candian start-up company ended up truly producing some of the best damn bikes in the world, it's a sponsorship thing. So maybe I'll choose the Soloist next year - or more likely the SLC-SL. Unless Cervelo finally comes out with the R3 Cross. :D

Haven't seen this thread in awhile. Your Cervelo looks great and they truly are special bikes.

11ring said:

I actually would of preferred the Soloist looking back on it buy it was a bit more expensive at the time. Speaking for myself I got a great deal on the frame and fork(my size) at a lbs. nearby so it just seemed like the right thing to do. And whats so bad about being a wieght weenie?

I had never heard of them either....

The Ksyriums are my training wheels, just purchased a set of silver Campy Eurus'
attachment.php

I bought the frame, it's all Carbon (fork steerer as well) and I will say that Carbon is definitely a much better material for riding then the other 3 I have had. So, took my old GIANT frame out and took the parts into the SPIUK frame and.........voila!!!

1.jpg

7.jpg

Your bike looks great. A nice classic in excellent condition. Love the mudguards:) .....but if I were you I'd put the bike on a level surface, get a builders level and set the seat level. It looks like I would feel like I was slidding forward on it all the time.:eek:

lamberticus said:
New to the whole bike tech thing, but here is a pic of my fixed up late 70's Fuji. Comments or thoughts appreciated.

2335281316_36a4513841_o_d.jpg

Hi.
Love your Raleigh. Brings back memories of a Team Raleigh I had(24 1/2inch, made in Nottinghom) in the 80s that I raced for 4 years.
Wished I'd never sold it....:eek:

Lectron said:
My bikes can be seen by clicking my signature

Not exactly a road bike, but acts as both for me, also use it to commute to work
Dawes Giro 500 TT (things have been modified on it)
214ds76.jpg