Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by SCOOBA STEVE, Sep 1, 2003.

1. gemship

gemship New Member

Thankyou, I almost had second thoughts upon ordering them but once they were on the bike, well, it looks pimpin if you ask me.

By the way that Soloist of yours is very nice. Kinda funny to see two Cervelo's in a row, I couldn't even plan that. :D

2. lamberticus

lamberticus New Member

New to the whole bike tech thing, but here is a pic of my fixed up late 70's Fuji. Comments or thoughts appreciated.

[​IMG]

3. ToffoIsMe

ToffoIsMe New Member

How do you like those wheels so far? I have a pair on order that should be here within the next 3ish weeks.

4. padawan

padawan New Member

Finally! My baby with her dancing shoes on.

Cervelo R3
    Dura-Ace
    K-Force Light Crank
    Zipp 404 tubes with Powertap SL

5. 11ring

11ring New Member

Why do so many people on this forum purchase the R3, Cervelo is a great company but why would you not get the Soloist, it is the same price, more aerodynamic and can get to the UCI limit with sensible gear. Cervelo reccomends the soloist as the fastest bike for almost all situations. It is a faster bike.

Are you all pathological weight weenies or something???

6. padawan

padawan New Member

A very good question! And one I really struggled with for months before finally opting for the R3.

I can't speak for all the others but the biggest deciding factor for me was the ride quality. Since a (motor)bike accident a bunch of years ago, I have a few comfort issues on long rides. On test rides, (actual or not) I did perceive a difference in vertical compliance and comfort between the two bikes - I even ensured I was using the same wheels and tire pressure on the test rides.

If I was only racing on the bike, I would have selected the Soloist, hands down. But the reality is I'm going to do most of my training on that bike too. I'm not going to train on one bike and race on another.

Finally, I like the opportunity of using the R3's comfort to tackle rides that include some pretty rough terrain, dirt roads or even single track.

As for the decision to go with a Cervelo... aside from the fact that I'm Canadian and proud that a small Candian start-up company ended up truly producing some of the best damn bikes in the world, it's a sponsorship thing. So maybe I'll choose the Soloist next year - or more likely the SLC-SL. Unless Cervelo finally comes out with the R3 Cross. :D

7. speedemon

speedemon New Member

Here's a photo of my 04 Litespeed Classic:

[​IMG]

8. angrydave

angrydave New Member

Simply a marvelous bicycle. So classic, and so modern at the same time...

9. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

That Litespeed is a very elegant bicycle. What triple crank are you running in that setup?

10. speedemon

speedemon New Member

I'm using an Ultegra 9 speed Triple, with Mavic Ksyrium Elites wheels & Chris King headset.

11. gemship

gemship New Member

Haven't seen this thread in awhile. Your Cervelo looks great and they truly are special bikes.

12. gemship

gemship New Member

I actually would of preferred the Soloist looking back on it buy it was a bit more expensive at the time. Speaking for myself I got a great deal on the frame and fork(my size) at a lbs. nearby so it just seemed like the right thing to do. And whats so bad about being a wieght weenie?

13. ::dom::

::dom:: New Member

Just rebuilding my Ritchey Break Away Ti... will post soon.

14. deckard

deckard New Member

15. gggossel

gggossel New Member

I had never heard of them either....

The Ksyriums are my training wheels, just purchased a set of silver Campy Eurus'
    [​IMG]

16. Nasgul

Nasgul New Member

I bought the frame, it's all Carbon (fork steerer as well) and I will say that Carbon is definitely a much better material for riding then the other 3 I have had. So, took my old GIANT frame out and took the parts into the SPIUK frame and.........voila!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Bigbananabike

Bigbananabike Member

Your bike looks great. A nice classic in excellent condition. Love the mudguards:) .....but if I were you I'd put the bike on a level surface, get a builders level and set the seat level. It looks like I would feel like I was slidding forward on it all the time.:eek:

18. Bigbananabike

Bigbananabike Member

Hi.
    Love your Raleigh. Brings back memories of a Team Raleigh I had(24 1/2inch, made in Nottinghom) in the 80s that I raced for 4 years.
    Wished I'd never sold it....:eek:

19. PembsCycer

PembsCycer New Member

Not exactly a road bike, but acts as both for me, also use it to commute to work
    Dawes Giro 500 TT (things have been modified on it)
    [​IMG]

20. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo New Member