Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Me and my Cannondale CAAD8

61609674708264775270764.jpg

61601023876226477527076.jpg

Ok, I am like a little kid on Christmas and B-day together in one. Finally got my ride today, took (gladly) over an hour for them to fit me. I couldn't even ride it yet, or take any good pics cause of my schedule :mad:, so I apologize for these ones, and I'll update tomorrow.

GetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment.aspx

^ Also new roof rack from BMW dealer ($250 complete, 1/2 cheaper than any other, go figure :confused:)

-Greg

gman0482 said:
Ok, I am like a little kid on Christmas and B-day together in one. Finally got my ride today, took (gladly) over an hour for them to fit me. I couldn't even ride it yet, or take any good pics cause of my schedule :mad:, so I apologize for these ones, and I'll update tomorrow.

^ Also new roof rack from BMW dealer ($250 complete, 1/2 cheaper than any other, go figure :confused:)

-Greg

I would've looked at the piccies, but Microsoft demanded that I register with them. I'm not part of the Collective, so I didn't.

Here's my new ride following the untimely demise of my old frame. Most of the parts are transferred, and I do plan to upgrade this one bit by bit to make it an even more solid and worthy ride... :)

E.jpg

FreeHueco said:
Here's my new ride following the untimely demise of my old frame. Most of the parts are transferred, and I do plan to upgrade this one bit by bit to make it an even more solid and worthy ride... :)

If the bike didn't have Rock Racing decals on it, it'd be smokin' hot, but with the decals it's just good looking (I'm waiting for Michael Ball to slide under a gas truck and taste his own blood.). Of course since I also have a 595, I am a pretty biased observer.

Do you love your 595, yet?

alienator said:
If the bike didn't have Rock Racing decals on it, it'd be smokin' hot, but with the decals it's just good looking (I'm waiting for Michael Ball to slide under a gas truck and taste his own blood.). Of course since I also have a 595, I am a pretty biased observer.

Do you love your 595, yet?

I fully intend to remove the Rock Racing vinyl applications; just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm more focused on getting used to the handling before my race next weekend. I've put 110 miles on it in the last four days (three rides), and will say that I do love the way it rides. I could really feel the difference while riding up a long gradual uphill. It just wanted to fly whereas my steel frame always seemed a touch sluggish there. ;)

FreeHueco said:
I fully intend to remove the Rock Racing vinyl applications; just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm more focused on getting used to the handling before my race next weekend. I've put 110 miles on it in the last four days (three rides), and will say that I do love the way it rides. I could really feel the difference while riding up a long gradual uphill. It just wanted to fly whereas my steel frame always seemed a touch sluggish there. ;)

I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down. I know a lot of people and a lot of bike rags say the 595 is a sharp race bike but possibly not well suited to long days in the saddle or anything but racing. I can ride my 595 all day, and in leaves in no worse shape than any steel or ti frame I've owned. Plus, the 595 just oozes sexy. One of the best bike ads ever was the look ad with the 595 and the black panther (Not the fist in the air guys, but the aminule.).

I'm gonna post some piccies in few hours of my current build. Gotta show the love.

Alright, I guess it's time for me to fire up some newly minted photos of my scooter. First, the build list:
  1. Frame: XL Look 595
  2. Wheels: Alex Rims, CX-Rays, and White Industries H1 hubs
  3. Tires: Maxxis Re-Fuse2
  4. Skewers: Extralite Aliens
  5. Saddle: SSM Rever
  6. Stem: 3T ARX Team
  7. Bars: 3T Ergonova Pro
  8. Tape: Lizard Skins DSP
  9. Levers: Campy Record 10
  10. Brakes: Mavic SSC
  11. Pads: Swissstop greens
  12. Cages: Zipp
  13. Cranks: Record Pro Compact UT w/ 50/36 chainrings
  14. Pedals: Look Keo Carbon
  15. Chain: KMC SL
  16. Derailleurs: Campy Record front and rear
  17. Cassette: Centaur 11-25

Now the piccies: dirty (the way I like it) and clean (rarely).

gman0482 said:
nice, doesn't get much dirtier than that. Off-road detours? :)

Sort of. We still have a fair number of dirt and/or gravel roads around here. Plus in one longish part of my ride to school, the road is under construction.

I really do like the look of dirty bikes. In fact there oughta be a thread where people can post piccies of their dirty bikes.

the ride isn't officially over until you clean your bike but i guess if it's dust that i'm leaving one in then there's the proof of its existance!

nice bike. looks as if you are one of those people wo have a hard time breathing thick air as well, it all makes sense now..:D

Nice. Dollar value doesn't count for anything.

It looks like your front brake cable is a bit slack, because your brake lever hasn't returned to its position.

alienator said:
I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down. I know a lot of people and a lot of bike rags say the 595 is a sharp race bike but possibly not well suited to long days in the saddle or anything but racing. I can ride my 595 all day, and in leaves in no worse shape than any steel or ti frame I've owned. Plus, the 595 just oozes sexy. One of the best bike ads ever was the look ad with the 595 and the black panther (Not the fist in the air guys, but the aminule.).

I'm gonna post some piccies in few hours of my current build. Gotta show the love.

Yes, I love that ad as well! I found it in the Bicycling Magazine buyer's guide issue from 2007. That's my kind of ad... ;)

I'll be sure to mention in here how the bike does at my "race" this weekend... It's been good up to 52 miles so far. We'll how it goes for ten times that distance...