Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Bike4Him said:
Blank the rims and It'd be better.

Yup, I agree. CF rims without labels are hot.

Bike4Him, I'm assuming that the "4Him" refers to Steve McQueen, right?

alienator said:
Yup, I agree. CF rims without labels are hot.

Bike4Him, I'm assuming that the "4Him" refers to Steve McQueen, right?

Even though I said it I haven't taken the Zipp labels off my rims...but now that I think of it the labels might be covering up some dimples and slowing me down.:)
Just for fun I went to Wikipedia to see how Steve Mcqueen died. Thinking it was a mortorcycle accident or something. I couldn't stop reading about this guys crazy life. I had no idea.
I have a men's ministry that does bike trips and other stuff.
I wonder if McQueen would have rode with us.

Just out of the womb...haven't decided if I'll race her this year or just leave her on the wall and ogle her while I'm in the garage training...

roadhouse said:
that is one of the sweetest looking bikes i've seen in a long while.

I'll presume you're talking about mine. Thanks. I may be a bit biased, but I'll have to agree with you...

Wow, that is beautiful Tony, I stare at mine for hours on end, but I wouldn't go to sleep with that one... :eek::cool: Take good care of her...

61cm ?

gman0482 said:
Wow, that is beautiful Tony, I stare at mine for hours on end, but I wouldn't go to sleep with that one... :eek::cool: Take good care of her...

61cm ?

Thanks, g. I can foresee my wife getting a bit jealous about how I look at that bike.:D

It's a smallish frame (57cm effective top tube) and I run a 140mm stem. I have the seat post out about 1.5cm beyond the min. insertion line:eek:.

Race? Who me? Much too dangerous and scary!!

I'll probably just put on some cheap carbon wheels and ride through the mud so I can post some pics of the bike in the 'Dirty Road Bike' thread...you know, use it how it's meant to be used...:D

So what's with the ownership of a flashy bike if you don't race. Do you just ride for fun and exercise?. Have you never tried senior bike racing, it is good fun and lets you know how unfit you really are.:D

Old Biker said:
So what's with the ownership of a flashy bike if you don't race. Do you just ride for fun and exercise?. Have you never tried senior bike racing, it is good fun and lets you know how unfit you really are.:D

Just being facetious, my friend. I'm a hardcore crit maniac/sprinter. Not as maniacal as I once was, but I give the youngsters around here a serious run for their money. And if it's a flat crit, ~98% of the race entrants will be looking at those pretty rear orange brakes at the end of the race.

Vets of this forum know I'll wring this bike's neck when I encounter the finale sprint during the weekly local crit series come this spring and summer...

tonyzackery said:
Just being facetious, my friend. I'm a hardcore crit maniac/sprinter. Not as maniacal as I once was, but I give the youngsters around here a serious run for their money. And if it's a flat crit, ~98% of the race entrants will be looking at those pretty rear orange brakes at the end of the race.

Vets of this forum know I'll wring this bike's neck when I encounter the finale sprint during the weekly local crit series come this spring and summer...

Thank goodness for that, I was beginning to think unkindly thoughts. As I'm down in Australia we are well into our criterium series. We race every Tuesday night around a 2km circuit which is on a hill side. Although the hill is not unduly steep after about 15 times up and a few attacks it does get wearisome. Consolation is the final sprint is on the downhill side so calls for high speed close sprints. Have to admit the youngsters give me a hard time these days.

2003 Felt F85, mint condition, candy apple red. Im a new biker, just for summer, is it worth buying a new 1500 FELT Bike or is this one just as good? Its only 16lbs..

mortizx said:
2003 Felt F85, mint condition, candy apple red. Im a new biker, just for summer, is it worth buying a new 1500 FELT Bike or is this one just as good? Its only 16lbs..

Do you like the bike you have? If so, stick with it. There's nothing wrong with it at all, at least from the looks of it.

Old Biker said:
Thank goodness for that, I was beginning to think unkindly thoughts. As I'm down in Australia we are well into our criterium series. We race every Tuesday night around a 2km circuit which is on a hill side. Although the hill is not unduly steep after about 15 times up and a few attacks it does get wearisome. Consolation is the final sprint is on the downhill side so calls for high speed close sprints. Have to admit the youngsters give me a hard time these days.

Yeah, they're alot of folks on this forum that are rollin' around on mega-buck racin' bikes that aren't usin' 'em the way they're meant to be used...I guess gettin' 'em dirty seems to be a pretty popular pastime in some parts of the country...to each his/her own - I guess...

Good to hear you're a pretty hardcore racer for such a young guy:D; appears I have something to aspire to when I get older...

tonyzackery said:
I'll presume you're talking about mine. Thanks. I may be a bit biased, but I'll have to agree with you...

I'm not real familiar with BMC. I've seen their site and wonder if your bike is custom. What components? How does it handle being what seems to be small for you? thanks

Bike4Him said:
I'm not real familiar with BMC. I've seen their site and wonder if your bike is custom. What components? How does it handle being what seems to be small for you? thanks

Definitely a custom build. Took about 4 months to source all the parts from eBay and various sites in Taiwan and England.

Honestly, I haven't even ridden the bike yet - just been admiring it and waiting for drier weather around here. Regardless, the bike will handle fine - just like my others that are set up the same way (shortish top tubes and long stems).

BMC Road racer SLO1 alu/carb frame and integrated carbon seatpost
BeOne full carb fork
Circus Monkey orange anodized Brakes and quick releases ( eBay Taiwan)
Aerozine cranks white powdercoat (eBay Taiwan)
Powerway wheels (eBay Taiwan)
Microshift White front and rear derailleurs
KORE white handlebars
Ultegra 6700 shifters
Look Keo white pedals
Fizik saddle
Dura Ace 7800 cassette and chain
Maxxis Detonator tires
Ritchey stem