Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Thanks man. The Pinarello is currently in my LBS being rebuilt after a Van cut me up yesterday. I'm still concussed! Thankfully the other guy's insurance is paying up, so I'm going to rebuild her well, and get a new helmet to replace the cracked one!

Rolling Thunder said:
Thanks man. The Pinarello is currently in my LBS being rebuilt after a Van cut me up yesterday. I'm still concussed! Thankfully the other guy's insurance is paying up, so I'm going to rebuild her well, and get a new helmet to replace the cracked one!
Beautiful bikes, but most importantly glad you're ok---

gman0482 said:
oh man..... my size and everything.. very nice.

Thanks Gman. It's good to hear that there's another big man on a bike. I almost boght a Jamis before getting the Pinarello, but the brand isn't weel known over here. I've since found out from a Canadian bike mechanic friend that it's a very good brand. I missed out on a great deal without knowing it!

Ride safely.

Billcycle said:
Beautiful bikes, but most importantly glad you're ok---

Many thanks. It was a close call. My first and only crash in 27 years of riding! Let's hope that's the end of it!

Now comes the insurance stuff!

tonyzackery said:
Just out of the womb...haven't decided if I'll race her this year or just leave her on the wall and ogle her while I'm in the garage training...

How do you like the circus monkey brakes, if you have had a chance to ride them? I dig the looks and thinking of getting a pair...or two.

rplace13 said:
How do you like the circus monkey brakes, if you have had a chance to ride them? I dig the looks and thinking of getting a pair...or two.

They're excellent. For the price, they're one of the best values out there. They're also sold under other tradenames - Planet X, FeatherBrakes, and Token. I got 3 sets of 'em - for each of my road bikes.

CPLLC01 said:
Valdora XRD all carbon
About 15 lbs.

I think that chin rest isn't UCI legal:D...

I hope you eventually cut down that fork steerer tube...otherwise, nice ride.

It's been cut down since then. The $2600 SRAM RED bike doesn't include spacers. Can't complain.:D

tonyzackery said:
They're excellent. For the price, they're one of the best values out there. They're also sold under other tradenames - Planet X, FeatherBrakes, and Token. I got 3 sets of 'em - for each of my road bikes.

Thanks man, my bike is almost all red and black, but all Campy Record. I kinda hate to break up the group...but the red/black set really has me excited. IIRC you got them off of ebay from a tiawan seller, right? I see one with lots of feedback and one with only 17. Who did you buy from? Did you have to pay any duty/fees?

Thanks again, Rich

rplace13 said:
Thanks man, my bike is almost all red and black, but all Campy Record. I kinda hate to break up the group...but the red/black set really has me excited. IIRC you got them off of ebay from a tiawan seller, right? I see one with lots of feedback and one with only 17. Who did you buy from? Did you have to pay any duty/fees?

Thanks again, Rich

Here ya go...

225g, New Road Brake Set Front & Rear Calipers Red - eBay (item 140380488649 end time Mar-05-10 16:11:49 PST)

No duty/fees for me...ymmv. Pull the trigger...you'll be glad you did...

2006 bmc slc 01 all campy weight is 15.5.lbs:cool:
robby123456-albums-my-bike-picture300-2006-bmc-slc-01.jpg

robby123456 said:
2006 bmc slc 01 all campy weight is 15.5.lbs:cool:
robby123456-albums-my-bike-picture300-2006-bmc-slc-01.jpg

That's one pretty bike. That style of BMC frame is the best looking methinks, and red and black is the third best color combo out there (All black is #1 and all red is #2). The new frames with the more compact rear triangle just don't suit my aesthetic tastes.

The Campy components finish the bike off nicely.