Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by SCOOBA STEVE, Sep 1, 2003.

1. parkmonster

parkmonster New Member

Very nice - congrats. Just my 2 cents, but the bike could look even better with black tape and tires.

2. Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder New Member

Ridley Damocles PI
    Size XL
    carbon Campagnolo Chorus / carbon Campagnolo Centaur mix
    Campagnolo Zonda wheelset / Campagnolo Record hubs

and...

63cm Pinarello Sestriere (Treviso)
    Campagnolo Veloce / Shimano 105 mix
    Rodi Airline Evolution wheelset / Campagnolo Mirage hubs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. AndiG

AndiG New Member

Here is my Carrera Vengance Ltd - 24 speed sram x4 trigger gear shift, Cateye Micro Wireless Computer, Cateye single LED headlight (Forgot the model) Bikehut rear 3 LED light, silver steel aftermarket pedals. Continental City Contact with Kevlar 26x1.75 Semi-slick road tyres. Bikehut mudguards. Topeak Mini G Master Blaster pump with gauge and Presta/Schrader compatible.

[​IMG]

4. rplace13

rplace13 New Member

It might not be as expensive as Trek's carbon, belt driven single speed but I like the looks of my souped up fixie better. What you all think? I think I might name it Jack as in Jack-o-lantern. I had it out for 30 on Sunday and it is really fun.

Here is the long view. I need orange cages and hoods for the brake levers. If you know of any point me to them.
    [​IMG]

My favorite part the Cricus Monkey brakes. No detail left out with the matching cable ends...brakes from Taiwan and cable ends from England. Took a while to pull all the parts together. Good winter project.
    [​IMG]

I am digging the rims and tires
    [​IMG]

This is the view most people will see when I am out on the road with it
    [​IMG]

The cockpit. Old meets new with integrated bar/stem mated to quill adapter.
    [​IMG]

Head on collision view...sure hope the cars can see me with all that orange.
    [​IMG]

So what do you think? When my wife saw me rounding up all the parts and laying them on the floor around the partially stripped frame she called me a poser. When she saw it all built up she said it really looks nice...but you are still a poser.

5. hod65

hod65 New Member

hiya just to add my exspience with wireless comp had one for awhile bad weather would affect and rough road often affected reading allso theres abatery in the fork part that you have to watch out for ,now just use a cheap wired one its gone through thick and thin heavy showers etc and still works perfectly .....wouldnt change it at all...

6. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

Nice bike. I too have this present affinity for things orange...
    Check the orange crankset, hubs, headset, seat post collar, cages. Preaching to the choir with you, but eBay is awesome for color coordination projects...

NEW ORANGE CANE CREEK S3 1 1/8" HEADSET 112g KING MANGO - eBay (item 150422356294 end time Apr-09-10 18:39:05 PDT)

FIXED GEAR/TRACK/ROAD BIKE/MTB/170MM/ALLOY CRANK~ORANGE - eBay (item 220541709463 end time Apr-16-10 17:46:19 PDT)

ANO ORANGE SALSA LIP LOCK SEAT CLAMP 28.6MM MANGO KING - eBay (item 150406598286 end time Apr-18-10 08:22:09 PDT)

Monkey SuperLight CNC Road Hub, 78g/224g ,28H - Orange - eBay (item 130377027992 end time Apr-22-10 03:43:36 PDT)

New Bike Alloy Bottle Cages Painted Orange 1 Pair - eBay (item 370285168925 end time May-02-10 18:22:27 PDT)

7. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Nice...

Time crit pedals? Just 're-found' a set of those in my bike parts bin.

If you can't get orange Campag hoods you could always get black...

[​IMG]

8. Rolling Thunder

This is my Damo (earlier photo deleted on Imageshack)
    [​IMG]

9. rplace13

rplace13 New Member

Thanks for the kind words all.

Swampy, I am impressed with that ID. It is the one thing I have not "upgraded" since the 90s. I probably have 8-10 sets of them in all forms ti/mag, sport, crit even a Binesto white/blue pair. I have about 6 bikes, the wife a few and hate swapping pedals around. It is getting harder and harder to ebay the cleats. Sooner or later I will be forced to buy some new ones and build up to multiple pairs over time as the get cheaper. 5 or 6 pairs of Keo blades don't factor into the budget right now. Great looking seat post too.

TonyZ, Just got the bottle cages you posted thanks! The other parts look sweet too. I just might have to go after that crank...but I do love the old skool look of the C-Record on there now. I did dress it up with black bolts.:cool:

Here is a quick snap of my commuter as of today's ride in minus the panier on the back for all my junk. It is an old Schwinn Voyager with Columbus SLX tubing :D and mostly campy Centaur parts, Zonda wheels, an old quill stem, some lights and tufo tires to never flat. Just noticed this is the bike with the Binesto Time pedals.

[​IMG]

10. Honoshan

Honoshan New Member

2010 Scott R1...7900 DA....404s. Bad ****.

11. whuppingboy

whuppingboy New Member

That is a sweet ride dude...(jealously creeping in..)

12. whuppingboy

whuppingboy New Member

It is all original and i haven't touched a thing apart from the tyres, the ones on it were perished and faded. I thought the new yellow ones looked good.. Well i like them anyway...The tape may get changed though..Point taken..

13. vnightingale06

vnightingale06 New Member

Just started cycling and found so addicting so when our MTB trails here in North Texas are muddy, me and my husband go road cycling around White Rock Lake. Bought bikes that fit my budget but also meet my needs in cycling. I may upgrade someday. ;)

14. vnightingale06

vnightingale06 New Member

Now these are my husband's bikes :)

2009 Fuji Newest 3.0 and 2010 Specialized Hardrock Disc

15. Bike4Him

Bike4Him New Member

What rear hub did you use or did you just mess with half links to get a tight chain?

16. Scott2468

Scott2468 Member

It looks like you have strange cable routings on your bars.

If so, why?

17. eddykow

eddykow New Member

I chose this bike from all the advise I received on this Forum. Alfung and Alienator both encouraged me to get Campy and Look, however when I test rode this bike, it was almost like rockets going off ! The Look 585 I was considering was a great ride, however, when I tested this one,perfect fit, everything came together.
    I would have liked to hear Alienator and Alfung 's comments about this bike, good or bad. thanx

18. Rolling Thunder

I always route my cables on the backside of the bar. It is mega comfortable, especially if you have to ride with a strong grip over rougher country roads.

I put gel under the bar tape and route the cables on the back of the bar and that means I can ride with very light gloves in summer. In winter, this baby is kept safe and the steel comes out (also cable routed in the same way!).

19. Bigbananabike

Bigbananabike Member

:DMmmm what tasty older bike and if it works for you that's cool.

BBB:)

20. MustangSally187

MustangSally187 New Member

All your bikes really put mine to shame!

Its an old shogun ninja with very mixed running gear, here's what it used to look like. I've since had the frame and forks powder-coated in a gloss white.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its old but it does the job. :D