Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

The morning sun rises and extracts it daily fix of Glorious Yellow Gold fire from my 1998 Olmo Equipe (w/Campy - naturally). Ah, addictions!
Murf

all of these rides are incredible. does anyone ride a landshark? what are the lightest clincher wheels that you ride?

2002r500.jpg

Originally posted by Stiff Upper Lip
Hey RosieDookie, Shouldn't you be selling newspapers?

Stiffy how much they pay social thesedays? How do u cope? must b a bummer huh dude?

Dookie, your muscles are weakening with every moment you spend behind that desk....

Stiffy Muscle catabolism with 3hrs of work a day (sitting at a desk as u so put it) is miniscule.

P.S. I agree with the comment about the wheels, I have heard bad things about those wheels.

P.S.S Not a 'true' pic of my actual bike. Have 2. One being built one in for the season. Although both are red, how can anyone not like red..? They 'Italian'...

It was a joke. I love the colour.

I second that. A really nice looking bike.

The downtube shifters and the color scheme is so fine.

Yep must agree a contempory piece of art! Even the brown hoods compliment the bike well.

hey, thanks guys! i was trying to replicate sean kelly's bike from the early 80's. it's pretty close, all i need now is a light blue vitus K.A.S. frame. the mavic components are soooo smooth and it shifts like butter even though it's friction shifting.

Originally posted by stevekim
hey, thanks guys! i was trying to replicate sean kelly's bike from the early 80's. it's pretty close, all i need now is a light blue vitus K.A.S. frame. the mavic components are soooo smooth and it shifts like butter even though it's friction shifting.

I always liked the Vitus, but at 6' and 175 I always felt I was to big to ride one.

48cm Cannondale CAAD5 frame with Campy Hiddenset, Time Slice carbon/carbon fork, full Dura-Ace 9sp, FSA Carbon Pro Team Issue cranks, FSA Platinum Pro Ti BB, LOOK PP396 pedals, USE Alien Carbon seatpost, Selle Italia SLR seat, Cinelli Integralter bar/stem combo, Mavic Cosmic Elite wheelset, Michelin Pro Race Light tires, USE Ti skewers, Tacx alloy cage, assorted aluminum and titanium bolts. 16 lbs.

Originally posted by Daremo
I'm not busting any specific persons chops on this thread .......

I AM busting on the people who go out and buy a 16 lb. Huffydale when they can barely maintain 8 mph up a hill to begin with.

I definitely don't criticize people for their frame choices ..... as long as they aren't hypocrits. If someone weighs 200+ lbs and buys an aluminum/ti/carbon frame to get the lightest bike to climb with, they are only fooling themselves, and wasting money ......
:) :)

There's no reason a hypocrit can't own a great bike. Sometimes its FU money. Not everyone is struggling, and there is no physical test that needs to be passed to buy a bike.

Look at it as you being the serious rider, and me buying a piece of Art, that you can aspire to, but will only get to see when I bring it out on Sundays.

While you are waiting to become Cat 1 or Pro - when you probably won't get to choose your bike - you at least get to view and also feel superior to those who wish to spend their money on something they always wanted. Cycling is a wonderful sport.

On my best day, I could never afford a Ferrari (or the greatest of cars) but I could spring for the greatest of bikes.

I have a FUJI Robaix Pro 2002

Full shimano 105
Richy rims and hubs
Look pedals
Continental race tires with tuff liners(makes the bike a little heavier but less flats on the road.)