Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

My old ross from '72 (or thats what ive been told) that i stripped, had painted, rebuilt, replaced some parts, fabricated new bars (even though i wish i had just left the butterfly bars on) its my baby. getting me around manhattan and the other boroughs for free. unfortunately it weighs about the same as a mack truck. i like to be positive and think its only making me stronger. only cycling for a month and cant stop, its motivated me to quit smoking and is the best stress reliever i have here. Any suggestions? budget is tight (college student).

Hand made frame (titanium and carbon fiber) Almost a year in the making!!

DSC00469.jpg

Reactions: SierraSlim
Finally broke down and built an actual road bike this year. Only the frame/fork is how the bike came, everything else respec'd for my desires. Had a part or 2 on other bikes like the carbon aero seat post, searched out rest to fit into where I went with it. Started out being 21.5 lbs when purchased, down to 18.5 lbs now. Need to swap out FSA bottom bracket for the DuraAce on sitting on work bench. Other than that, I believe I have taken this bike to it's "reasonable" limits without ovenspending on lighter parts unbefitting of this aluminum frame/carbon fork ride. A couple of pics are minus rr view mirror in end of left handlebar, egg beater ti pedals, red der pulley & red cateye wireless computer. It's much better on road rides than my past converted fat tire hybrid attempts at not buying an actual road bike. Finally gave in after almost 20 yrs of being back into biking. LOL at waiting until 49yrs old to start using clip ins...no crashes yet. Likin them for the road but no way off road.

thats a stunning bike man, cant find pricing or purchasing info on their site though, wahtd the frame run you if you dont mind me asking

Originally Posted by wattsy_rules .

Hand made frame (titanium and carbon fiber) Almost a year in the making!!

DSC00469.jpg
That is by far one of the sweetest road bikes I have ever seen, a beautiful build, bet it cost a few $$$$ /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Two of mine both Cervelo's a 2009 RS and my new owned two days S3 awesome bikes if I do say so myself /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

The RS

And the S3

Originally Posted by i12ride .

^^^^^^^^ I'd say so too................especially the S3.
Thank you very much, I have to say I have only rode the S3 a couple of times but it goes like a rocket /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif it feels like a horse being held back from sprinting, but when you put your foot down it accelerates like a gazelle....Ahhh! I love my Cervelo's.

Originally Posted by The Blackadder .

Thank you very much, I have to say I have only rode the S3 a couple of times but it goes like a rocket /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif it feels like a horse being held back from sprinting, but when you put your foot down it accelerates like a gazelle....Ahhh! I love my Cervelo's.
Red wheelset on the RS = sex. They'd look really good on my bike but again, my frameset unbefitting on them, lol. Almost went with a Cervelo TT that ran around 2500 a coupla years ago & wouldn't up the coin then I ended up spendin about that much on what I now have...after all my changes. Coming from all fat tire bikes I feel I started out in the right place for a road bike. I'll upgrade next time and be able to better appreciate the step up now that I have a baseline to judge from.

Just another picture of the new S3 with 2 of the guys who helped build it for me John and Tony from Bike and Run, East Finchley, London and also me and my signed green jersey from the sprint God "Thor Hushovd" from the Tour de France 2009 Hmmm! nice /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Hi.
I like the red, white & black theme.
How do you find the mirror? Does it shake around?

BBB /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Originally Posted by Bigbananabike .

Hi.
I like the red, white & black theme.
How do you find the mirror? Does it shake around?

BBB /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
Thanks, it started out with too much white IMO. The seat and bars were just too much for me. I wanted to go more black/white with red trim. Everything I changed was basically carbon fiber or black with a coupla red doodads here and there. The mirror I just happened upon cruising the net on aspirevelotech dot com. It takes a bit of getting used to and to get aimed right but doesn't shake any. The optics make things closer than they are. Here's a link to where I got it.
http://www.aspirevelotech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Mirrors

BTW, lol at the poem thing on that page.

Wow all these bikes are SOOOOOOOO sweet. I just recently got into riding a road bike. I was big noob when it came to riding bike. I was riding a cheap roadmaster mountain bike on the road and putting in 20 plus miles per ride. And the guy at my bike shop told me i should really look at a road bike. You can go faster and farther on a road bike.
Well i dont have much money in my budget for a real nice bike but i seen this at a yard sale for 12 bucks.
So i put tires and tubes new chain new brake lines water bottle cages a seat and wireless computer to track my calories and speed and distance etc...
So here is my road bike. Now dont laugh. but its a 1985 Huffy Windsprint. And i LOVE IT. I bought in July and put about 400 miles on it so far.

IMG00326-20100714-0851.jpg

Originally Posted by Royalrooter .

Wow all these bikes are SOOOOOOOO sweet. I just recently got into riding a road bike. I was big noob when it came to riding bike. I was riding a cheap roadmaster mountain bike on the road and putting in 20 plus miles per ride. And the guy at my bike shop told me i should really look at a road bike. You can go faster and farther on a road bike.
Well i dont have much money in my budget for a real nice bike but i seen this at a yard sale for 12 bucks.
So i put tires and tubes new chain new brake lines water bottle cages a seat and wireless computer to track my calories and speed and distance etc...
So here is my road bike. Now dont laugh. but its a 1985 Huffy Windsprint. And i LOVE IT. I bought in July and put about 400 miles on it so far.

IMG00326-20100714-0851.jpg
Looks good, carrying spares and two bidons awesome.I'm a big fan of 170mm cranks, you use these yeah?

Mines blue actually but otherwise the same:

2010 Motobecane Mirage Sport
30/42/52t Crankset
28-12t Cassette
Shimano Sora 2300 rear derailuer
Velo grooved saddle
All other components are Shimano 2200
Michelin Dynamic tires
All stock except a bottle cage and computer.

Obviously nothing to brag about but it works well for recreation and "just-for-fun" races.
For $400, it seems well worth the money.

First of all hello. I am new to cycling, but I really enjoy it. I recently picked up a new Trek 1.2 it is the nicest bike I have ever owned. I have been doing some reading and trying to pick up on techniques and such to better my riding. I am getting my bike fitted for me later this week. My wrists ache so badly when I am riding, so I think this will help greatly and it will also prevent injury (at least I am hoping). If anyone has any tips, or knowledge they are willing to share with me I am always open for a schooling.

Well here is a picture of my 1.2, it lives in my room.