Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Here's mine:

Frame: TIME RXR Ulteam (medium in white) Forks: TIME Fork Bars: TIME ERGOFORCE Handlebars (42cm CT-CT) Stem: TIME MONOLINK stem (110mm) Headset: TIME proprietary headset Bar Tape: TIME microfiber bar tape Front Brake Lever: CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD 11 Front Caliper: CIAMILLO GRAVITAS (with custom matching white brake pad holders) Rear Brake Lever: CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD 11 Rear Caliper: CIAMILLO GRAVITAS (with custom matching white brake pad holders) Brake Pads: Lightweight Swisstop yellow kings Shifters: CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD 11 Cables: Original Campy cables Front Mech: CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD 11 Rear Mech: CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD 11 Seat: Sella San Marco Aspide Carbon Crankset: THM CARBONES CLAVICULAS COMPACT with Ceramic BB (35/50) Chainrings: STRONGLIGHT PULSION CT2 Compact Chainrings with 110 BCD 10/11 speed compatible Cassette: CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD 11 (11-23) Pedals: TIME i-Clic Titanium/Carbon Wheelset: Lightweight Obermayer GEN III 16/20 Tires: Continental GP4000 Black Chilli Compound Accessories: Original TIME bottle cages + Garmin EDGE 705 + Ay-Ups head lamps Weight: ~6.0kg
2chul9g.jpg
ljds2.jpg
w6y1x5.jpg
2dhwb4y.jpg
10412zo.jpg
v3g0ub.jpg

Always wanted a Paramount (waited 45 years) Bought the frame on ebay 2 years ago. Had most of the components on other bikes, so I put them on, spoked up a couple of wheels and Voila! My Dream Bike Zoe came to life! None of this new fangled aluminum or carbin fiber for me. Steel is the way to go for longevity, flexability, comfort and strength.

Here's mine, a 2011 Trek Project One Madone 6.9 SSL.
Frameset Size H2 52cm Frame OCLV2 SSL Carbon, E2, BB90, internal cable routing, DuoTrap Sensor, Bontrager Node 2 w/Heartbeat sensor Fork Bontrager Race *** Lite, full carbon w/E2 asymmetrical steerer Wheels Bontrager Race X Lite clincher Tires Bontrager R4, 700x23c Drivetrain Shifters Shimano Ultegra 6700 STI w/Carbon levers (Flightdeck) Front Derailleur Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 Rear Derailleur Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 Crank Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 50/34 (Compact) Cassette Shimano Dura-Ace 11-28 (compact), 10 speed Pedals Speedplay Zero Chromoly Components Saddle Bontrager inForm RXL, hollow titanium rails, 146mm width Seat Post Madone Ride Tuned Carbon seatmast cap, 20mm offset Handlebars Bontrager Race X Lite Blade VR OS, carbon, 31.8mm Stem Bontrager Race *** Lite Carbon, 7 degree, 31.8mm Headset Cane Creek AER Superlight, Norglide X2 upper, cartridge bearing lower, sealed, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom Brakeset Shimano Ultegra 6700

My late 80s or early 90s Saronni I got the other week.
I've stripped it, it's going to be sandblasted and I'll respray it and apply the new decals I have.
Sad the rear rim is gold and the front silver...but otherwise the Suntour components are in good condition and fit with the rest of the bike.
Tubular wheels. New seat coming.
BBB/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Attachments

• Saronni bike.jpg
    Saronni bike.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 18
Originally Posted by TCRC2 .

Hello,

Here's my ride, a 2011 Giant TCR Composite 2
Sorry about the pic.

Nice ride! The new giants are pretty sweet.

Not the best picture in the world, but I figured this was a good way to enter the forum.

My 2010 5 Series Madone. Gotta love the Green. :)

Thanks,

John

I just joined the forum and figured this was as good of way as any to get my feet wet.

2010 Trek Madone 5 series

Not the best picture, but you've gotta love the green.

Thanks,

John

Beautiful bike RogueMerc! And man, I thought I loved my bike by storing it in my bedroom closet. But you took it to a whole nother level by storing it right by your bed!

Lots of fantastic rides all! Keep the pics coming. Some bike pics are verging on bike ****....

One thought though, it seems that many of the posters really need a proper bike setup. Many of the contact points - saddle, handlebar - are adjusted in a peculiar way.

[SIZE= medium]I agree re bike set up. [/SIZE]
[SIZE= medium]For some I’d be starting with the bike on a level surface and putting a level on the seats. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= medium]BBB/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif[/SIZE]

A proper setup in my view is one that helps you generate the best compromise in safety, comfort, overall power output for the legs and aerodynamics. In that order. Even among people who are the same height with identical arm, torso and leg lengths, one fit may not be desirable for both. For example, it is possible that a 25 year old racing wiz would have a drastically different setup from an identically sized man 30 years older. The 20 something guy will likely have overall good muscle tone, small belly, decent back, good cardio. The same may not be necessarily true for the other man.

There is also experience as a factor. Leaning over at a 45 degree angle is not comfortable for everyone, especially not when they are starting out. As a really obvious example, if you have a large pot belly or beer gut, this is a problem. I remember someone talking about bit fitting as a side story to the Tour De France on TV where they stated that beginners are better off with higher handlebars, wheras professionals/advanced amateurs will get more power/better aerodynamics with lower handlebars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAl_5e7bIHk

With triathlon/time trial bikes, the issues become even trickier. I found a good article on this:
http://bethelcycle.com/articles/debunking-three-tri-bike-fitting-myths-pg287.htm

I also forgot to mention the scenario of someone who does both triathlons as well as conventional road biking. Because of how the typical setups for both sports place different emphasis as to which leg muscles get used more, they might also have different setups in their non-specialty bike/non specialty bike setup if they have more experience in one sport over the other.

newbie here, very cool site ! heres my 2008 Cannondale 58cm SystemSix 4 carbon frame with aluminum seat & chainstays,Sram Rival components,FSA bars,wireless Cateye dashboard,soon to be replaced with a Garmin Edge
Picture447.jpg

Reactions: NMCycling