Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Originally Posted by VeloZoooooooom .

Custom steel Anvil, the best, most affordable custom bike ever.
55.5cm
Reynolds Ouzo Pro
Columbus Carve carbon monostay
9spd DA, 54/42 rings, 11-23 cassette
Zipp 404s
Zipp cranks
17.8lbs.

(changed the bar tape to solid black since this pic, too)

This is a nice looking ride.

Here is the 2007 Scott CR-1 pro that I just recently purchased off of E-Bay to replace my '86 Bridgestone 450. (that was sized WAY to large for me - 63.5cm frame for my 5'10" body)

Anyway - the CR-1 is a 56cm. The picture is from the e-bay auction. I did have a bike fit done and have changed the factory 110cm 6 degree stem for a 90cm 16degree one. I also put on SPD pedals. Other than that - it has mavic equipe wheels and ultegra components. Quite the upgrade for me and I have been loving it since I got it.

Michael

Thought I'd throw up another couple of pics of my 2011 Giant TCR Composite 2 as my last effort was abysmal....

Frame Size S:46.5 Colors Black/White/Silver Frame Giant composite, TCR geometry Fork Giant composite with tapered composite OverDrive steerer Shock NA Components Handlebar Giant Connect oversize alloy medium drop/reach Stem Giant Connect oversize alloy, 4 bolt, 8 degree Seatpost Giant Vector Aero 3k Composite w/2 position offset Saddle Specialized Toupe Team Pedals Shimano R540 SPD-SL clipless Drivetrain Shifters Shimano 105 STI 20 sp. Front Derailleur Shimano 105 10sp. Rear Derailleur Shimano 105 10sp Brakes Tektro R540 dual pivot Brake Levers Shimano 105 Cassette Shimano 105 10sp. 11-28T Chain Shimano 105 10 sp. Crankset Shimano 105 Compact 34x50T Bottom Bracket Shimano BB71, press fit Wheels Rims Giant P-R2 double wall, 24H Fr, 28H Rr Hubs Giant alloy, sealed cartridge bearing, 10sp cassette Spokes Sapim Race 14/15G butted Tires Michelin Dynamic Sports, 700 x 23c
Accessories Bottle Cage Tacx Tao Ultralight (Black) Hand Pump Innovations Road Air 2 Carbon Mini iPhone Mount Bicio GoRide iPhone Bike Mount Lights XTech Compact Combo

Had to have my older Orca replaced through the crash program, here's the new digs. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Sold my '09 Scott S40 to my friend and picked up this:

'06 Specialized Allez Elite. Went from a 54 to a 52 for a better seat-to-bar height. Just cleaned it up, adjusted the pedals, seat geometry and bars. Might end up flipping the stem over so I can level out the handle bars, we'll see. So far, I LOVE this bike :D

Just got this 2010 Jamis Aurora Elite

Frame Reynolds 631 chromoly
Fork Lugged chromoly
Wheels Mavic A119 / 32H Formula disc hub
Derallers rear Deore xt M771 / front Tiagra
Shifters Tiagra daul control STI 27 speed
Cassette Deore XT M770 9 speed 11-34T
Cranket FSA Gossamer triple 50/39/30
Brakeset Avid BB7 mec disc 160mm rotors
Tires Vittoria Randonneur 700 x 32
Tape Natural cork
Size 50
Collor Sangria / Silver plate

This is my hand crafted Columbus XCr from Velos Deluxe. It was made just for me. The stem is one my mate airbrushed for me.
I know a lot of you guys weigh your bikes but I ride mine. Its light, really light but not chinese carbon light.
Just thought I'd share that with you.

V

Originally Posted by wild .

Just got this 2010 Jamis Aurora Elite

Frame Reynolds 631 chromoly
Fork Lugged chromoly
Wheels Mavic A119 / 32H Formula disc hub
Derallers rear Deore xt M771 / front Tiagra
Shifters Tiagra daul control STI 27 speed
Cassette Deore XT M770 9 speed 11-34T
Cranket FSA Gossamer triple 50/39/30
Brakeset Avid BB7 mec disc 160mm rotors
Tires Vittoria Randonneur 700 x 32
Tape Natural cork
Size 50
Collor Sangria / Silver plate

Nice bike. I am planning on getting a touring bike to use as a commuter I really like this one. I am not sure if this pic is of your bike or if you just copied and pasted this. Well anyways if it is yours you should move the front fender bracket to the tapped hole at the end of your fork. By doing so you will remove the bow in the fender. It is currrently mounted on the front rack mount.

Cheers Steve,

Had some problems explaining to the wife why I had to have it but thats out of the way now and its mine. She does like to use the same argument against me when she's buying shoes but its worth it.

Davereo, Thanks I will take care of that if thay did not cut the brackets at the shop when thay put it togeather. Yes that is a photo of my bike in the back yard. And the watter bottle holders and the stick were extra /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

[SIZE= medium]Simmske; [/SIZE]
[SIZE= medium]Are you saying those of us who are concerned with our bikes weight don’t ride? [/SIZE]
[SIZE= medium]If you’re trying to infer that it’s a pretty arrogant or possibly unknowing comment on your part/img/vbsmilies/smilies/mad.gif [/SIZE]

[SIZE= medium]It would be a bit like me saying you obviously don’t ride far as you’ve only got one bottle cage. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= medium]BBB/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif[/SIZE]

Originally Posted by Bigbananabike .

[SIZE= medium]Simmske; [/SIZE]
[SIZE= medium]Are you saying those of us who are concerned with our bikes weight don’t ride? [/SIZE]
[SIZE= medium]If you’re trying to infer that it’s a pretty arrogant or possibly unknowing comment on your part/img/vbsmilies/smilies/mad.gif [/SIZE]

[SIZE= medium]It would be a bit like me saying you obviously don’t ride far as you’ve only got one bottle cage. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= medium]BBB/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif[/SIZE]
I wouldn't dare make such an assumption, but that is an interesting point of vieuw now that you mention it. I just put that there because a lot of other posts state the weight of their bikes.
I haven't weighed mine because I am not the skinniest guy on the road.......anymore......
Sorry to have offended you, mate. You can weigh or ride your bike as much as you like but I couldn't put a number next to my bike. I will be more careful about my posts from now on....
Again, really sorry. How much does your bike weigh then?

Originally Posted by Simmske .

I wouldn't dare make such an assumption, but that is an interesting point of vieuw now that you mention it. I just put that there because a lot of other posts state the weight of their bikes.
I haven't weighed mine because I am not the skinniest guy on the road.......anymore......
Sorry to have offended you, mate. You can weigh or ride your bike as much as you like but I couldn't put a number next to my bike. I will be more careful about my posts from now on....
Again, really sorry. How much does your bike weigh then?
Thanks for your reply.
It's just that I race with guys who do weight their bikes/bike parts - seriously. Bike weight is important to them - but more so is their training and racing - as it is to me (my race bike - 60cm alloy frame with 1330 gr wheels weighs 8.4kgs).
There are of course people who's bike weight is the most important thing - there is a guy on youtube called The Grey Ghost like that, the weightweenies.com website has them and there is a guy on a forum here in NZ who's aiming to build the lightest roadbike in NZ (weighing every bolt etc).

BBB/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Originally Posted by Bigbananabike .

Thanks for your reply.
It's just that I race with guys who do weight their bikes/bike parts - seriously. Bike weight is important to them - but more so is their training and racing - as it is to me (my race bike - 60cm alloy frame with 1330 gr wheels weighs 8.4kgs).
There are of course people who's bike weight is the most important thing - there is a guy on youtube called The Grey Ghost like that, the weightweenies.com website has them and there is a guy on a forum here in NZ who's aiming to build the lightest roadbike in NZ (weighing every bolt etc).

BBB/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
Well I have sounded arrogant before..... Even then I wasn't trying to... I have raced quite seriously until about 3 years ago. I moved to Belgium when I was 18 to go and race important races. I did that for another 10 years racing for a couple of 'serious' continental teams and never did I or anyone at that level actually talk about the weight of their bikes. It might be different in Spain or Italy where a mountain top finish could be decided by who puts out the most power and carries the least weight but here it was just talking about racing and sometimes dope.
It does concearn me now because I volunteer as team director at the biggest junior club in Belgium and this next generation of cyclists who have ambition to take it to the next level' or at least want to look like the pros and not work a regular job, but I digress....... It concearns me that they are more interested in the colour of their Oakley Radars and their sock height-weight of bike etc than the races or training they are doing. These guys know how much every frame or part weighs and chose to ride light chinese carbon bikes and deep rims over cobblestones and dont listen to experienced people that tell them not to. These same kids dont even care if they break a frame or two every year because Daddy will buy them a new one. So thats where I stand on the new rage of weighing stuff.
Its funny because the kids who are most into it and **** on and on about the weight of their AX lightness saddles are not what you would call 'lean' and sad to say wouldnt stand a chance in a hilly race.
I do however appreciate that it has become a separate hobby for some of these guys. It is what they talk about and to an extent, it is amusing to hear people talk about but I wouldn't take the ****. I would prefer to see the whole junior team train harder and race with more charachter but thats probably asking too much. I wasnt implying that you shouldnt weigh your bike but you have to admit, it has become a standard piece of information when someone is telling you about their bike. I couldnt give out that information because I still haven't done it. But I think I will if anyone asks me. I didn't join this forum to argue with anyone or to sound arrogant but sometimes reading text, you can easily misinterprit the tone that the writer is explaining. Man, talking is a bit old school but we wouldn't have had this disagreement. So lets blame technology.
Ofcorse guys like Grey Ghost (where did he get that name?) ride their bikes. They love it, so do we.

Originally Posted by Bike4Him .

A year in the "making" or in the "building"?

Given how often Thylo posts in the Aussie section of the forum, probably about a year before parts get ordered...