Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by SCOOBA STEVE, Sep 1, 2003.

1. gman0482

gman0482 Member

TZ, you can call it what you want, but I'd call it Fort fcuking Knox !!! Of course that sick white/orange BMC is not enough for ya, huh ?!? LOL, j/k man sweet projects, keep us posted on the progress.

-Greg

2. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member

By far one of the best bikes I have seen in quite some time posted here. The pics are great the view is fantastic. Disposable income or not this is out of my reach. Hopefully you are pounding the pavement on this bike.

That is a nice bike - for sure...and I'll go further by making another glaringly obvious statement by saying that your disposable income is probably just a wee bit greater in quantity than mine...more power to ya'...lastly, I sure hope your riding ability is somewhere in the vicinity of the strength of that bike...

3. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

TZ, you can call it what you want, but I'd call it Fort fcuking Knox !!! Of course that sick white/orange BMC is not enough for ya, huh ?!? LOL, j/k man sweet projects, keep us posted on the progress.

-Greg

Hey G. Them Lightweights probably cost as much as almost 2 of my eBay-special, bargain-basement bikes...LOL! I'm too damn cheap to walk into a LBS and pay anything near retail...oh yeah, the BMC was sold awhile ago - sorry to see it go, but I finally accepted that it was just too small for me...

4. Mattcreed

Mattcreed New Member

This is my Caad 8, it's a nice enough bike which I bought a year ago when I started cycling. Now though I would like to buy a carbon bike with a decent groupset as this is just Tiagra, would be bit lighter which would be nice as I like doing hill climbs

[​IMG]

5. fevernova

fevernova New Member

That is a nice bike - for sure...and I'll go further by making another glaringly obvious statement by saying that your disposable income is probably just a wee bit greater in quantity than mine...more power to ya'...lastly, I sure hope your riding ability is somewhere in the vicinity of the strength of that bike...

I'll be frank and say that I'm no where near the level of fitness to be riding this bike. But strange enough, its that thought that everyone has, that I should have the ability to ride the heck out of it that keeps me going on in group rides in order not to embarrass myself. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

6. Bike4Him

Bike4Him New Member

Your RD cost near a grand! I think. That's crazy. Is this your only bike?
    Knowing you could have any frame out there, what were the deciding factors to choose the Time?

7. fevernova

fevernova New Member

That's my only Road bike.

I have another Steel SOMA VAN-NESS single speed and an old Cannondale Super DH.

A large part of decision making that led me to picking the TIME was because of its looks. I was initially juggling between a couple of really sweet bikes like the Colnago C59, Pinarello Dogma 60.1, Storck Fascenario 0.7IS, Parlee Z1, Baum Corretto (did I spell that right?) and somehow the TIME won me over with its sleek and angular design.

Of course, the TIME was also quite a bit of a good deal compared to the Storck/Parlee since we have local distributors for these 2 brands over here and they have really inflated prices for these two brands.

The Pinarello Dogma was really nice as well but they're too common on the roads around where I stay and the Colnago looked boring.

8. Scotttri

Scotttri Member

That is one sweet bike.

9. stevegreer

stevegreer Member

Latest addition to the stable: My 2006 Specialized Allez.[​IMG]

10. Ducky2118

Ducky2118 New Member

My first road bike, 2004 Kestrel Evoke. [​IMG]

11. Ducky2118

Ducky2118 New Member

12. Bob Ross

Bob Ross New Member

My latest aquisition:

[​IMG]

13. Ducky2118

Ducky2118 New Member

my first road bike[​IMG][​IMG]

14. frankiemuniz01

frankiemuniz01 New Member

The group is separating which makes it insanely more difficult to draft. coming thought the final turn, I stood up and laid in the acceleration, sprinting. One guy next to me was doing the same, and he was just a hair faster than I, but he couldn't hold it for the duration and I edged out in front. I passed two other riders who had were not sprinting. It doesn't really mean anything since I am no where near the top 20 among this 105 riders present. Yeah, there was quite the turnout for the first race of the season. End result, I am happy with my performance today. And as I said earlier, I still have all my skin.

15. Rych

Rych New Member

My new 2010 Orbea Orca which I got from a last years New Zealand Pure Black team rider. :) Full Dura Ace 7900, Dura Ace 1380 wheels, Fizik Arione CX Carbon saddle, all weighing just over 7kg.
    [​IMG]

16. JoelTGM

JoelTGM New Member

7 kg is ridiculous dude.

cools likes this.
  17. Ruimteaapje

Ruimteaapje New Member

18. Sanman023

Sanman023 New Member

my first road bike (was into mountain biking)..[​IMG]

19. Jman

Jman New Member