Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

My early birthday present from my absolutely awesome girlfriend. 2011 Cannondale Synapse 5. Got my first short ride in yesetrday due to this crummy Canadian winter. I love it but need a fitting (scheduled for 3/26). This replaces my stolen LeMond, which I loved. This should prove to be a more than suitable replacement.

^^^ Nice lookin' bike.

Trek's really make strong attempts to get into my pockets with their current styling...

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

^^^ Nice lookin' bike.

Trek's really make strong attempts to get into my pockets with their current styling...
Thanks, Tony. I agree, I had no intentions of buying a Trek but this bike just stood out among the masses. Trek has really done a nice job with this series of bikes and it rides like a dream.

In racing livery.

Picked scab? My bike? Really? Ouch, that hurts!

If so, never knew 13 year olds had such acid tongues. If I was a mental midget, I would've found that comment to be funny. Be careful, otherwise I'll tell your parents about your rudeness and they'll put you on internet restriction...
Sometimes envy can be stupid I guess. I'd take it as a compliment TZ.

In racing livery.

Picked scab? My bike? Really? Ouch, that hurts!

If so, never knew 13 year olds had such acid tongues. If I was a mental midget, I would've found that comment to be funny. Be careful, otherwise I'll tell your parents about your rudeness and they'll put you on internet restriction...
I didn't mean your bike I meant how alot of the old(2005) trek bikes had this all red paint job that some might've liked but I never could stand that paint job, don't worry I wasn't dissing your fuji whic h is really red except that you got the FSA cranks instead of sram red cranks, sorry if I offended you at first. I can't get a link for those trek bikes but if you look up "trek track bikes" in google images you'll see what I mean.

Yeah, you really hurt my feelings with that comment and I was prepared to sell my bike./img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
Now that you've apologized for the confusion, I won't turn you in.

Originally Posted by ambal .

Damn that's a nice bike, what would a set up like that cost? For a secondhand bike, it looks like its hardly been used.
Yea I love it, I think all new it's around $8000US but I got it for under $4000 :D Its in very nice condition, was used for racing only, the owner had a training bike so not too many km's on it, was only used for a season.

Yeah, you really hurt my feelings with that comment and I was prepared to sell my bike./img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
Now that you've apologized for the confusion, I won't turn you in.

are you going to show up at the spring series with that bike? gotta show them how to build up a bike, I saw a guy who had an old steel frame with reynolds RZR wheels (new and old don't mix), mind you this guy had soap bubbles coming out of his chamois o_O

Originally Posted by finnrambo .

are you going to show up at the spring series with that bike? gotta show them how to build up a bike, I saw a guy who had an old steel frame with reynolds RZR wheels (new and old don't mix), mind you this guy had soap bubbles coming out of his chamois o_O
yep, I'll be at the EV stage race crit - as long as it's not raining...

This is my new road bike (aka girlfriend/partner), Wilier Le Roi equipped with Campagnolo Record groupset, Fulcrum racing 3 wheelset and Deda post, bar and stem etc... I built the bike completely by myself buying every single piece separately. Wilier is a pioneer in the bicycle industry and being Italian has a strong history, I have so decided to keep that heritage and make it 100% italian (or as close as possible). The aim wasn't to build the lightest bicycle around but build a good looking, decent high end bike, keeping the cost as low as possible :) Considering even the weight is fairly good I think I succeeded pretty well!
I added my creativity and touch ups to make it bit more custom built (see pictures), I hope you like it!

All the parts arrived, the WIlier Le Roi project is about to start...

The final job!

Campagnolo Red cableset and custom made cable frame tricolore protectors

Rear chainstay and Fulcrum Racing 3 wheelset

Fizik microtek bar tape with custom job at both ends!

Full carbon Elite moro cages and Rotor chain catcher on front chainring as used by the Cevelo team!

Campgnolo Record groupset and Red Veloflex master tyres

SMP strike saddle showing final bicycle weight.. not the lightest but I will not complain

Hey,

It might help if you pumped the tires up. ;)

I'm surprised you didn't get the white version of the frame since you dig white bikes so much. Did you get a killer deal on that one that made it irresistible?

Do you paint various bits and bobs on your bike? Has a paint gun and compressor become part of the cycling toolbox? Looks very color coordinated. Nice.

Are you sure it was soap?

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

I didn't mean your bike I meant how alot of the old(2005) trek bikes had this all red paint job that some might've liked but I never could stand that paint job, don't worry I wasn't dissing your fuji whic h is really red except that you got the FSA cranks instead of sram red cranks,
Why would he want to ditch the FSA's for a set of Truvative (FSA) cranks? Some upgrades are not really upgrades... and those cranks even look like they were supposed to come with the frame, with the colour match and all.

I've yet to see any conclusive evidence to show that even something as stiff as the Cannondale or new Specialized cranks actually impart a measureable performance increase. I got a set of Cannondale cranks with my bike and even with the removable spider, so you can swap between 110 and 130bcd, they're stupendously light and apparently very very stiff... but I don't find myself going up the road any faster on these than the 6.5lb PowerCranks on my training bike when I have the 'lockout' (aka fixed crank mode) on.

Can't argue with free...

I'd stick something in or over the seat tube water bottle bosses. You don't want water getting in there.

Have a very close look around all the lugs to see if you can see any signs of cracking or hazing. If it's all clear then just listen for any oddball cracking or creaking noises. Bonded frames from the late 80's had a fairly high mortality rate and having tubes work free from the lugs wasn't entirely unheard of. My Vitus underwent a couple of 'reglues' courtesy of a british defence contractor.

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

Can't argue with free...

I'd stick something in or over the seat tube water bottle bosses. You don't want water getting in there.

Have a very close look around all the lugs to see if you can see any signs of cracking or hazing. If it's all clear then just listen for any oddball cracking or creaking noises. Bonded frames from the late 80's had a fairly high mortality rate and having tubes work free from the lugs wasn't entirely unheard of. My Vitus underwent a couple of 'reglues' courtesy of a british defence contractor.
Thanks.
Free was the best part. It might turn out to be a good training bike.
One of the first things i did was throw some bolts into the water bottle holes. I've also thrown on some new tyres and handle bar tape as it still had the originals on it.
I took your advice and double checked the joints and everything seems solid. Will take it for a good ride and then double check it. It's been sitting in someones garage for the last 15 years without use.

Sweet........ Nice job Wallyl81. Wilier sure is going hard after new clientele, advertising all over Versus and others.

By mother of gods!@#$&*

Do they call you Ghost Rider?

Originally Posted by fevernova .

Here's mine:

Frame: TIME RXR Ulteam (medium in white) Forks: TIME Fork Bars: TIME ERGOFORCE Handlebars (42cm CT-CT) Stem: TIME MONOLINK stem (110mm) Headset: TIME proprietary headset Bar Tape: TIME microfiber bar tape Front Brake Lever: CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD 11 Front Caliper: CIAMILLO GRAVITAS (with custom matching white brake pad holders) Rear Brake Lever: CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD 11 Rear Caliper: CIAMILLO GRAVITAS (with custom matching white brake pad holders) Brake Pads: Lightweight Swisstop yellow kings Shifters: CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD 11 Cables: Original Campy cables Front Mech: CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD 11 Rear Mech: CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD 11 Seat: Sella San Marco Aspide Carbon Crankset: THM CARBONES CLAVICULAS COMPACT with Ceramic BB (35/50) Chainrings: STRONGLIGHT PULSION CT2 Compact Chainrings with 110 BCD 10/11 speed compatible Cassette: CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD 11 (11-23) Pedals: TIME i-Clic Titanium/Carbon Wheelset: Lightweight Obermayer GEN III 16/20 Tires: Continental GP4000 Black Chilli Compound Accessories: Original TIME bottle cages + Garmin EDGE 705 + Ay-Ups head lamps Weight: ~6.0kg
2chul9g.jpg
ljds2.jpg
w6y1x5.jpg
2dhwb4y.jpg
10412zo.jpg
v3g0ub.jpg