Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

love it! not too keen on the handlebar tape but still a polished piece of [SIZE= 10pt][COLOR= black]work. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thanks digikam! =)

Ya, I think the splash handlebar tape is an aquired taste. You can would see in the picture that is my Avatar that back in the day that's what I rolled with. So I was going with it due to the fact that I used to have it... plus when my kid saw it when I was looking for HB tape, he thought it was "cool" so it was a done deal... had to go with it.

I you get a chance... Follow a riders return to the bike after a 15+ year "offseason" http://theprodigalcyclistca.blogspot.com/

Hey all, been a while since I posted my red/black Kestrel. Well this past weekend I just had to cannibalize the parts to build up my new (to me) Italian beauty. Still working out the exact fit. The bars need to be lowered for sure. Not 100% sure I like the tape/hoods combo, but the rest of it I am really pleased with so far. Took it out this morning for a 20 mile shake down and dig it so far. Yes I know the front tire is red. New ones on the way. I just cold not wait for all the parts to arrive before I started on it.

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Originally Posted by wil-mart128 .

2009 Dolomiti

Interesting bike. With those chrome lugs, that DA carbon crankset wouldn't have been my first choice, but hey, it's your bike and not mine. Kinda cool in a retro-modern way...

Originally Posted by rplace13 .

Hey all, been a while since I posted my red/black Kestrel. Well this past weekend I just had to cannibalize the parts to build up my new (to me) Italian beauty. Still working out the exact fit. The bars need to be lowered for sure. Not 100% sure I like the tape/hoods combo, but the rest of it I am really pleased with so far. Took it out this morning for a 20 mile shake down and dig it so far. Yes I know the front tire is red. New ones on the way. I just cold not wait for all the parts to arrive before I started on it.

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

I'm diggin it! Color coordination to the nth degree! eBay's great for this, isn't it?
Suggestion: switch your bar tape/brake hoods coloring - blue bar tape and orange hoods, or perhaps black bar tape and orange/blue hoods. The orange is just too prominent to have so much of it concentrated in that area. Some royal blue tires would really make this bike pop. Just a couple of my suggestions...regardless, cool bike!

Thanks Tonyzakery, I agree too much orange on the bars...could not find orange hoods or would have swapped out tape/hood color. If you have a line on any let me know. Ordered some more blue and orange bolts/washers since I like what I did so far. I was actually thinking white tape might look decent. The hood are just not the right color blue and I really like the campy hoods better. I might have to go back to black hoods. I went back and forth on tires between blue and orange. Just ordered orange Schwalbe./img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Just out of the womb...haven't decided if I'll race her this year or just leave her on the wall and ogle her while I'm in the garage training...

My iteration of an orange bike awhile back. Have since sold her and moved on, but I'll always have a soft spot for her. The orange was pretty cool...Orange and blue is definitely a spiffy color combo...however, orange requires some subtlety - too much can be garish...

Oh I remember that ride...can't believe you sold it. I remember you commenting on my then orange bike. I still have it and love it. I got a slight face lift with threadless one inch fork and Chris King Mango headset. So now I have orange fixie AND orange multi.

That Kestrel's still very cool. Love them orange Schwalbes on the orange rims...the orange bar tape seems to work better on this - not as overpowering. I suppose with the saddle, the orange is better balanced...

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

My iteration of an orange bike awhile back. Have since sold her and moved on, but I'll always have a soft spot for her. The orange was pretty cool...Orange and blue is definitely a spiffy color combo...however, orange requires some subtlety - too much can be garish...

That's a nice bike if I ever saw one, can't believe you sold it though. (BMC's are my dream bikes)

Originally Posted by finnrambo .

That's a nice bike if I ever saw one, can't believe you sold it though. (BMC's are my dream bikes)
Awesome bike for crits. Amazingly stiff in the bottom bracket - a sprinter's dream - but not overly harsh. Pedal pressure directly transmitted to rear wheel. Great road feedback with the carbon seatstays taking the edge off any buzziness. I highly recommend this frameset to anyone who races crits predominantly and/or puts out significant power.

Why did I sell? You don't have to look too closely to notice that the seat post was out a long way. Actually, beyond the minimum insertion line by about 3/4".
Bottomline: the frame was just too small.

Instead of acquiring the size larger model, decided to go with the 2010 Racemaster which has the same aluminum bottom bracket structure but also comes with a full carbon fork (about 150g lighter than the OEM, aluminum steerer fork with the SL01).

Definitely, unquestionably a cool ride that Colnago. You obviously enjoy the detail customizing. Kudos to that. Since details count, besides what other posters have already commented on, I'm also thinking the bulbous Control Tech stem does not blend well with the overall lines of the frameset and components. A stem like an ITM Millenium or Deda Newton would better fit the overall look and is also true to the Italian theme. A minor point overall, but if you are going to the extent of colour co-ordinating nuts and bolts, then a "proper" stem will add to the overall look.

Originally Posted by OrcaDU .
Haha! Thanks! Aside from the reflectors, that was the next thing to go. After removing those I put the bike on a scale and it read 14.5 lbs. It's the new MASI Evoluzione Ultegra. I have been dreaming of this bike since November. Not only does it have everything I want on a bike, it just looks hot! And after the first 5 minutes on it once I brought it home, I realized I made a good choice.