Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

That is a sweet ride Rplace! How did you get the pink chain? Spray paint? That is a neat idea! The beer cap is clever too. I like the carbon stem too.

Boooo to being last post on previous page. Shamelessly replying to my own to bring it to top of this page.

DVNDSN, the chain is a "pink lady" by KMC some of the proceeds go to breast cancer. Good stuff! Do a search for Pink Lady Chain and you will find it.

Originally Posted by rplace13 .

Time for some pix of my wife's bike. Too much pink? I don't think so. It is a fun ride, even being small for me it still feels great. How about that pink chain, crazy. And that beer cap, how could I not love her?

Originally Posted by rplace13 .

Time for some pix of my wife's bike. Too much pink? I don't think so. It is a fun ride, even being small for me it still feels great. How about that pink chain, crazy. And that beer cap, how could I not love her?

Off-the-charts style points! Well done!

I'd ride it. Yeah, I'm very secure with my manhood...

Okay, I've been wanting to do this for a while. I feel like this is my official introduction to the forum, but I've been here for a couple of weeks. This is my Trek 1.5 triple road bike. Bought it from my LBS for $1,088. That includes the spd-sl pedals and R087 shoes by Shimano. I moved up from a $150 Walmart road bike. The thing weighed 34lbs. This piece weighs 20lbs, and I really like it! Not the lightest thing out there of course, but it's light for me!

Originally Posted by jmitro .

LOL, I bought the exact same shoes from my LBS 6 wks ago when I got my first bike.

They fit great don't they? Not too tight, not too loose!

Tedcase wrote:
"What do I win?"

My reply:
Nothing, dude, but I do like your bike. It looks like my '84 Ross Gran Tour, right down to the color. What is that, about a 19-21 inch frame? You should give us some details. How does it ride? how far do you ride each time on average? Stuff like that. Gotta' love these older bikes!

Along those lines, I forgot to mention regarding mine: I ride the Lancster bike path, which is about 7 miles one-way last time I checked my odometer. It has since been extended. I also ride beyond it, making a two-way trip as part of my ride. My preferred ride is the Nelsonville-Athens bikeway, also known, I believe, as the Adena Bikeway, which is 16-20 miles. I really need to re-check this with my odometer now that I've re-calibrated it.

That said, nice bike, Ted. Ride on!

Ha ha, Thanks Axnut. Thats actually an old picture from when i first got it. This is what it looks like now;

Still got a bit of work to do on it, But its my first decent bike and has been a really fun project to work on. In my opinion, it is fantastic to ride, but having never owned a racing bike before, i wouldnt know any better. Either way, I love it.

new here/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif here's my stable/img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Attachments

• IMG_20110622_171748.jpg
    IMG_20110622_171748.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 11
Originally Posted by supersix 105 .

new here/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif here's my stable/img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

I just bought the same SuperSix 105 too... LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Attachments

• IMG_20110622_171748.jpg
    IMG_20110622_171748.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 13
amen to that bro!already did a few upgrades, bontrager *** lite stem,fsa k-force carbon bar,time i-clic race carbon pedals and fsa k-force carbon seatpost/img/vbsmilies/smilies/drool.gif the vibration damping of this thing is like BUTTER/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif/img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif,the weight loss aint bad either/img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif/img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

Updated images. Changed seat, stem, tires, brakes, pedals, FD, bars. She lost a little weight too. no wheels yet.