Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Very sexy! I like the little touch of celeste in the seat. Imagine how good she would look with the new 2004 carbon Chorus group.

I rode with a guy that had the same frame/wheels but had record gruppo. Did look sweet...

This is my new Merida Gross Venus C7 with the new areo head offset rims built on campagnolo record hubs. This is as far as i have got so far waiting for rest on Campagnolo record groupset to arive. i'm getting the new Conti GP FORCE-ATTACK tyres. i will send a finished photo when ever thing is ready.

king_matt87

Hay you have the new carbon merida. Whats it like? is it light? stiff? where are you from and when did you get it??

I race for the Merida Team we have been using the mag frames 909. but next year we will have the carbon ones!

My Classic. Just returned to riding after a 10-year break and went for an older steel frame. A red 1996 Ciocc EL-OS. The bike always turns heads. The Columbus EL-OS tubing is unbelievable. So smooth to ride...

Geometry:
-BB to Centerline of TT: 53.0 cm.
-TT length (cl to cl): 54.0 cm.
-Standover height: 79 cm.
-Wheelbase: 96.5 cm.

The components:
-Frame: 96 Ciocc EL-OS
-Fork: Columbus steel (chrome)
-Cranks: Topline 52/39 170 mm.
-Bottom bracket: Campy Chorus
-Front derailleur: Campy Chorus
-Rear derailleur: Campy Chorus
-Brake levers/shifters: Campy Record 8-speed
-Brakes: Campy Record
-Wheels: Campy Record laced to Mavic Open Pro's w/ red nipples.
-Seatpost: American Classic
-Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
-Handlebars: TTT Forma
-Tape: Cinelli Cork Gel (black)
-Stem: TTT quill 1" 110 mm.
-Headset: Campy Record
-Tires: Continental GP3000
-Skewers: Salsa (Italian colors)

http://www.designkeywest.com/ciocc.html

This is the ultimate gloat as I got a great deal on this bike.
It is a Casati Ellisse Genius frame that weighs 3.5 pounds. Here is a link for more info http://www.racycles.com/rd/catalog/casati_ellisse_genius_2038691.htm
I Make wooden handtools for woodworking. My shop is in the basement of a big old building. There are several woodworkers. This bike came from a contractor who used to be a bike messenger. He has several brands of components on the bike. I got the bike for about 200 out of my pocket and 3 hours labor.
I had not ridden for about 10 years and I had just planned on riding it around town for my errands. But I ended up commuting once I got used to longer rides. I put a bigger Gel seat on as my butt could not take the seat on the bike but after three weeks I put the regular seat back on. I had on some shimano dX BMX pedals but my feet would all off the sides as my work shoes were pretty worn out. He gave me some great shape speed play petals and good shoes (lucky we have the same shoe size)
This is the first racing bike I had ever ridden. It took some getting used to handling and I still can’t look over my shoulder without wobbling. But I spend about 1 hour a day riding and will do more soon.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/pictures/bike.jpg

here's my new purchase....a casati monza frame with look hsc carbon fork and cane creek headset. i'll be building it up with ultegra build kit. not sure what wheels to get yet (between kysriums, cosmics, and velomax).

Isn't that akin to heresy putting Ultegra on that beautiful Italian frame?

Originally posted by patch70
Isn't that akin to heresy putting Ultegra on that beautiful Italian frame?

:D i guess you could say that. it's actually gonna be a budget bike for now. if i decide i love the frame, i'll rebuild it again someday decked out with campy record and all.

A lot of aluminum riders here ..............

Guess they've never ridden a well designed steel frame ......

And don't give me any BS about weight ........ unless you are a Cat. 1/2 racer, having a 17 lb bike doesn't help you at all ........ it is just bragging rights.

Trying racing an aluminum frame on crappy roads for 50+ miles, then do it on a steel bike. MUCH more comffortable on the steel ........

Thats what I posted. A handmade Italian steel frame. it's a nice bike. So it has a frame that weight’s 1# more. It is a fast bike that I know will hold up.

Originally posted by Daremo
A lot of aluminum riders here ..............

And don't give me any BS about weight ........ unless you are a Cat. 1/2 racer, having a 17 lb bike doesn't help you at all ........ it is just bragging rights.

Trying racing an aluminum frame on crappy roads for 50+ miles, then do it on a steel bike. MUCH more comffortable on the steel ........

If you're including me and my Klein you're totally wrong. My first racing bike was a Columbus steel Ciocc in 1985 and I've had a Columbus steel Eddy Merckx for the past 10 years. Raced in Collegiate and USCF (definitely NOT Cat 1/2). Ridden dozens of centuries on them - extremely well-made and I still like riding the Merckx but my Klein is more comfortable after 90 miles than either of the steel bikes were. Plus most of my riding is hilly including long climbs and the weight (17-1/2 lbs) absolutely makes a big difference.

If you like steel bikes then I'm happy for you (really!) but stop trying to convince the rest of us that we don't know what we're talking about.