Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

sampsonwebfo3.jpg

...sorry I couldn't erase/edit the previous post....

lamberticus said:
New to the whole bike tech thing, but here is a pic of my fixed up late 70's Fuji. Comments or thoughts appreciated.

2335281316_36a4513841_o_d.jpg

A bit belated entering this thread but I just noticed your late 70's Fuji! ....... did you finish the frame yourself or did you have done professionally? ........ I acquired a 1980 Fuji in a Garage sale a few years ago and I restored it adding many new/used parts and I refinished the frame myself but I was never able to get the correct decals for it ........... if you did yours yourself perhaps you could post your supply source.

My old Fuji has carried me many miles now and it is delight to ride! ....... I look at newer machines but I will never part with my trusty old Fuji ......
:)

toshi said:
08 Supersix.

img_supersix.jpg

C'dale SuperSix are damn nice machines, especially the top end model that you have. C'dale and D-A is a good match, really like the SI crankset. I like the clean lines, white paint with the red decals. Simple, to the point and unpretentious. Too many paint finishes on high end road bikes these days are just tacky. Hopefully your abilities matches that of the bike's. Congrats on an awesome ride.

This is my winter project I'm in the process of starting:

Seven Alaris Ti Frame w/Seven Fork
Mavic Ksyrium SL Wheels
Michelin Pro 3 Race Road Tire
Full Ultegra 6603 Triple Groupset
Oval Concepts R701 Road Bar & R700 Stem
Chris King Headset
Thomson Elite Seatpost
Terry Fly Saddle

DSCN4469.jpg

this is my built for the summer. not quite there yet. looking for some campag record, to finish it .what do u all think?

Tech72 said:
C'dale SuperSix are damn nice machines, especially the top end model that you have. C'dale and D-A is a good match, really like the SI crankset. I like the clean lines, white paint with the red decals. Simple, to the point and unpretentious. Too many paint finishes on high end road bikes these days are just tacky. Hopefully your abilities matches that of the bike's. Congrats on an awesome ride.
:) I agree with you re paintjobs / decals.
One colour with straightforward decals often looks the best - imho.
For example; Colnagos with 'art' work all over the frames etc looks way too busy and a bit pretencious for a bicycle.

Bigbananabike said:
:) I agree with you re paintjobs / decals.
One colour with straightforward decals often looks the best - imho.
For example; Colnagos with 'art' work all over the frames etc looks way too busy and a bit pretencious for a bicycle.
I kind of like Colango's paint jobs...I'd like to get a C-50 for my next bike, but I can't afford one yet :(.

look.jpg

My ride for mountains and longer adventures. Love this bike. I've had it for around six years now. This picture was from when I took it to France for three weeks, and happens to be right before I noticed the saddle had shifted from not having been tight enough. ;)

s1.jpg

My newest project. I replaced my training bike's frame. These days, I only take the LOOK out for certain rides, so I am on the training bike most of the time.

Always wanted this frame, so when it was time to replace my other one, the choice was easy. I had always lamented that Cervélo hadnt again made the anodized black version since 2006, especially given that my other bike is also in stealth mode. This was the only paint job available this year. Thing is, once I got it in, all reservations were gone. Completely. Seeing it in person, I absolutely love this scheme and prefer it to the anodized black or anything else Cervélo has done with them.

The only "problem" is that I had long been a Shimano rider. Years and years. Made the leap on the LOOK and put Campy on it and became an instant convert. I'm still wishing to put a set of Campy on this bike, but honestly, there's no real need for the investment at the moment.

Havent had a chance yet to take it outside. Snowing as we speak. :rolleyes:

youhaditcoming said:
what material is your Look frame ? i can see it uses lugs

thanks

Its carbon fiber with aluminum lugs. Its an older frame set from them. I absolutely love it. Someday, perhaps, a new one might be in the cards, but who knows. I can tell you if I ever get another CF frame, it'll be from LOOK and no other.

My bike, final version... frame Pedalforce RS2 (Taiwan...), groupset Chorus 2007 UT QS, Shamal wheels (clincher) with Veloflex Black clinchers (natural rubber....), Ritchey WCS things (stem, handlebar - classic, pedals, aheadset, seatpost...), SMP saddle.

My daily bike, my climbing bike, my rain bike. Changes since the piccie have been:
  1. Speedplays replaced with Look Keo Carbons
  2. Red elastomer instead of grey
  3. Record Skeleton brakes replaced with Mavic SSC
  4. 25mm offset mast replaced with 5mm offset
  5. Ruegamer bar/stem combo replaced with Easton EA-90 stem and Ritchey BioMax 2 bars
  6. LEW VT-1's replaced with Nine G 50mm CF wheels (Aerolite spokes, DT240s hubs). They periodically alternate with a set of 25mm Kinlin rims/CX-Rays/White H1 hubs.
Next on the horizon: SR-11.