Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

14000km later and I've cracked my learsport frame. Curses! Time to hunt for the receipt.

halien said:
14000km later and I've cracked my learsport frame. Curses! Time to hunt for the receipt.

You'er lookin' at it all wrong. You have to realize it's really an opportunity to buy a new, drool worthy frame.

DI75 said:
newest001.jpg

Nice. Is that an R330? I have one of those so I'm a bit biased.

^ those Eastons are the best looking wheels ever!
I can't believed they've changed their decals

BMC.jpg

Bike4Him said:
I'm not real familiar with BMC. I've seen their site and wonder if your bike is custom. What components? How does it handle being what seems to be small for you? thanks

BMC is definitely represented well, considering that it's Cadel Evans' ride these days. I'm a fan of the Felt team aka 'Garmin Transitions' for biased reasons. :)

tonyzackery said:
Definitely a custom build. Took about 4 months to source all the parts from eBay and various sites in Taiwan and England.

Honestly, I haven't even ridden the bike yet - just been admiring it and waiting for drier weather around here. Regardless, the bike will handle fine - just like my others that are set up the same way (shortish top tubes and long stems).

BMC Road racer SLO1 alu/carb frame and integrated carbon seatpost
BeOne full carb fork
Circus Monkey orange anodized Brakes and quick releases ( eBay Taiwan)
Aerozine cranks white powdercoat (eBay Taiwan)
Powerway wheels (eBay Taiwan)
Microshift White front and rear derailleurs
KORE white handlebars
Ultegra 6700 shifters
Look Keo white pedals
Fizik saddle
Dura Ace 7800 cassette and chain
Maxxis Detonator tires
Ritchey stem

Hate to keep bugging you, Why am I clueless to Microshift derailleurs? I've e-bay built a few bikes but never felt comfortable going out of country.

Bike4Him said:
Hate to keep bugging you, Why am I clueless to Microshift derailleurs? I've e-bay built a few bikes but never felt comfortable going out of country.

You're buggin' the hell outta me!:D

Microshift (Taiwanese) are not major players behind Shimano, Campy, and Sram. Their stuff gets rebadged as Nashbar or Samson in the States. The shifters, according to my research, were not up to my snuff but the derailleurs are competent.

I'm sure you'd be pleasantly suprised if you ventured out of Ozland for some cycling equipment...There is some dodgy stuff out there, but it gets fleshed out pretty quick. Ergo, it doesn't survive on the market for very long...

SVThis said:
84 Miyata 710. One owner all original except for tires and bar tape

2010 Scott CR1 Team

Wow. You must be really short................................................or not. :)

Bike4Him said:
I'm not real familiar with BMC. I've seen their site and wonder if your bike is custom. What components? How does it handle being what seems to be small for you? thanks

BMC is a manufacturer of bicycle frames.

The company is Swiss. The bikes are made in China, as are most bikes now-a-days.

BMC's are pricy in comparison to many others as they have a high reject rate on the CNC's "skeleton" that forms the seat tube cluster.

The bike in question is not custom, not in terms of a bespoke custom.

It is customized from what would be a standard OEM build.

Comes down to the old - is it customized or is it custom.

I believe custom means made to measure.

Changing components means customized.

toomanybikes said:
The bike in question is not custom, not in terms of a bespoke custom.

It is customized from what would be a standard OEM build.

Comes down to the old - is it customized or is it custom.

I believe custom means made to measure.

Changing components means customized.

LOL. Gotta love the netpickers. Semantics? Pedanticism? I believe the person I responded to understood what I meant, and as such, the communication was successful. The bike is a "custom build". Thanks for your info though. Take it easy...

toomanybikes said:
BMC's are pricy in comparison to many others as they have a high reject rate on the CNC's "skeleton" that forms the seat tube cluster.

Irrespective of your other opinions, I had to do some research on this claim/opinion. I'm interested in perusing your factual information concerning the above. From what I've gleaned, I sit in total disagreement with your assertion (suprise, suprise).

Further, with this "high reject rate" is there a current recall?? Are the sponsored pro riders rejecting the frames they've been provided to race on this year??

tonyzackery said:
Irrespective of your other opinions, I had to do some research on this claim/opinion. I'm interested in perusing your factual information concerning the above. From what I've gleaned, I sit in total disagreement with your assertion (suprise, suprise).

Further, with this "high reject rate" is there a current recall?? Are the sponsored pro riders rejecting the frames they've been provided to race on this year??

Good for you. Really.

I said reject rate. I did not say there was an "in field" failure, nor did I say there was a recall or warranty issue.

Reject rate means rejected at the factory before installed on the frame tubes.

toomanybikes said:
Good for you. Really.

I said reject rate. I did not say there was an "in field" failure, nor did I say there was a recall or warranty issue.

Reject rate means rejected at the factory before installed on the frame tubes.

"Where's the beef"? IOW, where's the proof of your assertion? Well, you're right, this is an internet forum and having proof is not a prerequisite to making claims of any kind...

Your initial post seemed ad hominem-ish, by the way...no matter, I'm not here for popularity:D...

SVThis said:
I'm the runt of the family at 6'2". My dad was 6'3" and my grandfather 6'6"

Let me know if you're ever selling your CR1. That's my size :D

Very nice btw.

tonyzackery said:
"Where's the beef"? IOW, where's the proof of your assertion? Well, you're right, this is an internet forum and having proof is not a prerequisite to making claims of any kind...

Your initial post seemed ad hominem-ish, by the way...no matter, I'm not here for popularity:D...

Forget the petty jealousy nonsense TZ, your bike is sweet, and that's that. Another thing, you couldn't buy it like that from BMC or anywhere else, therefore.......... it's a custom ride. ;):D