Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

RMD Photography said:
Ya, they advertised it online but they show it as in store special only.

And I picked up a cheapo computer ($10) just to track milage, but I will be getting a good cadence computer fairly soon.

I have been looking at this one Amazon.com: SIGMA BC1606L DTS Wireless Bicycle Speedometer: Sports & Outdoors since it has the option for PC docking and performance tracking.

you've got it! one thing to consider though, wireless can have interference from radio waves and the likes and mess up your info but i'm not sure if that is in general or only certain brands. i'd have to think all of them which is why i stay with wired but you may not have any problems with wireless at all but it has been known to happen so just a heads up. you might want to talk to your cycling friends and see what they have to say.

you're definately in the right place for all things cycling. many very well informed long time cyclists from all over the world that are more than willing to help and answer questions on this site such as steve and cyberlegend1994 ( both moderators, 2 of 4) who can point you in the right direction of threads with certain info and many jokers (like myself) and people just having good times, hanging out and talking. again, welcome aboard.

Preston.

steve said:
Hi there

When you reply to a thread you'll notice an attachments section a little below the text area where you type your reply. You can can either upload them from your computer or enter a URL.
thanx

roadhouse said:
you've got it! one thing to consider though, wireless can have interference from radio waves and the likes and mess up your info but i'm not sure if that is in general or only certain brands. i'd have to think all of them which is why i stay with wired but you may not have any problems with wireless at all but it has been known to happen so just a heads up. you might want to talk to your cycling friends and see what they have to say.

you're definately in the right place for all things cycling. many very well informed long time cyclists from all over the world that are more than willing to help and answer questions on this site such as steve and cyberlegend1994 ( both moderators, 2 of 4) who can point you in the right direction of threads with certain info and many jokers (like myself) and people just having good times, hanging out and talking. again, welcome aboard.

Preston.

There is a wired version of that model, I just linked the first one I saw. I have also looked at the Cateye Strada Cadence model, I just really like the PC docking option of the sigma.

RMD Photography said:
There is a wired version of that model, I just linked the first one I saw. I have also looked at the Cateye Strada Cadence model, I just really like the PC docking option of the sigma.

if you do go wired i'd highly recommend you take the bike and new computer to the store that sold you the bike and have them put it on as the wires will have to be routed properly along the frame and wrapped around the cable housing and strapped in place with plastic tie wraps so as to not have any slack and get caught somewhere and break and i'd have to think for no charge as it's only a five minutes job unless you already have that practiced and down with the one you have and you'll have to forgive my ignorance but what exactly do you mean by docking on the sigma?

roadhouse said:
if you do go wired i'd highly recommend you take the bike and new computer to the store that sold you the bike and have them put it on as the wires will have to be routed properly along the frame and wrapped around the cable housing and strapped in place with plastic tie wraps so as to not have any slack and get caught somewhere and break and i'd have to think for no charge as it's only a five minutes job unless you already have that practiced and down with the one you have and you'll have to forgive my ignorance but what exactly do you mean by docking on the sigma?

My cousin that I ride with actually manages an automotive body shop and he came up with a really cool way of mounting and hiding the wire using pinstriping. When I get it done I will post some photo's.

As far as the PC docking its really pretty cool. its a USB cradle that the sigma clips into and syncs with your home PC so you can track the progress of all the different variables of your rides. Kind of like having a training coach to tell you you were dropping your cadence this week over last week..ect. SIGMA SPORT® online - Bike Computer, Puls Computer, Beleuchtung

RMD Photography said:
My cousin that I ride with actually manages an automotive body shop and he came up with a really cool way of mounting and hiding the wire using pinstriping. When I get it done I will post some photo's.

As far as the PC docking its really pretty cool. its a USB cradle that the sigma clips into and syncs with your home PC so you can track the progress of all the different variables of your rides. Kind of like having a training coach to tell you you were dropping your cadence this week over last week..ect. SIGMA SPORT® online - Bike Computer, Puls Computer, Beleuchtung

ah, gotcha, looks good. how much for the topline software?

roadhouse said:
ah, gotcha, looks good. how much for the topline software?

Not sure yet, the 2.0 software is supposed to be coming out this spring. However there are docks out for like $25-30 and then you can download the 1.0 software a few places for free.(if its not included with the dock that is)

RMD Photography said:
Not sure yet, the 2.0 software is supposed to be coming out this spring. However there are docks out for like $25-30 and then you can download the 1.0 software a few places for free.(if its not included with the dock that is)

well let me know how it all works out when you get it all together as i might go your route with the sigma in the future.

in the meantime and if you like, you can always use MapMyRide.com - Map your Cycling, Bike Map and Mountain Biking Routes and join our Cycling Community of Cyclists. Cycling GPS for Cycling Social Network, iPhone, Topo Maps, Elevation Profiles, GPS Support.. cyber has experience moreso than i with it if you have questions. basic stuff but helpful way of tracking progress.

roadhouse said:
well let me know how it all works out when you get it all together as i might go your route with the sigma in the future.

in the meantime and if you like, you can always use MapMyRide.com - Map your Cycling, Bike Map and Mountain Biking Routes and join our Cycling Community of Cyclists. Cycling GPS for Cycling Social Network, iPhone, Topo Maps, Elevation Profiles, GPS Support.. cyber has experience moreso than i with it if you have questions. basic stuff but helpful way of tracking progress.

Thanks, I am actually already on there and making use of it!

roadhouse said:

nice bike too you too. really attractive, almost superhero if you will, color sheme.
Paint job is the team colours of the bike shop I bought it from, looks awesome in person. I know it's not for everyone, but I like it!

Here's one. Mid 70's Gitane of Reynolds 530 steel. Currently singlespeed awaiting the rebuilding of her original Simplex® drive train.

Apis said:
Here's one. Mid 70's Gitane of Reynolds 530 steel. Currently singlespeed awaiting the rebuilding of her original Simplex® drive train.

Nice! what kind of beer is that in the background? :p and would you happen to know what the old Schwinn Le Tours are made of, material wise? i have one and it's pretty much the same style and age (?) as yours so thinking it could be that reynolds steel but not sure and i haven't really looked the bike over, it's in storage. . here's a pic.

DSCN2577.jpg

oops, not that one! :D

that one.
DSCN2472.jpg

roadhouse said:
Nice! what kind of beer is that in the background?

It's a Cooper's Sparkling Ale from Adelaide, SA, AU. Good stuffs!

I have no idea what alloy the Schwinn in question would be. I only know the Gitane because the stickers are still on her.

Apis said:
It's a Cooper's Sparkling Ale from Adelaide, SA, AU. Good stuffs!

I have no idea what alloy the Schwinn in question would be. I only know the Gitane because the stickers are still on her.

with a quick google search i found that the vintage le tours is steel but not sure of what exact kind.

thanks.

Here's yet another freebie...free 'til I stared adding bits to her.

Oh, and the other is me and my janked up right eye. Sorry if it panicked anyone.

Apis said:
Here's yet another freebie...free 'til I stared adding bits to her.

Oh, and the other is me and my janked up right eye. Sorry if it panicked anyone.

what kind of riding do you mainly do? as in distance or touring or instead of a car?

roadhouse said:
what kind of riding do you mainly do? as in distance or touring or instead of a car?

I ride for fun, and am experimenting with randoneurring this season. The Raleigh is actually too long and tall for comfort. The frameset is for sale.

I need to snipe some digies of the JPWeigle Specialthat I ride for speed, and the Schwinn Worldsport (early '80s vintage) that I ride in inclement weather with it's fenders and lights.

DSC02687.jpg

This is my Novara Strada, the last year before they crapped them up. Carbon front fork, carbon seat stays, 105 groupo. I bought this without having ridden a mile on a road bike because I was an employee. Hands down the best purchase ever, <3 this bike:eek: