Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Prob going to get **** for this but my buddy and I just picked up these.

And i was too cheap to buy a computer with navigation so

Originally Posted by grandamn .

here is one more I just posted in the riding with a gun thread

This is the perfect set up if you are planning on commuting to Manhattan./img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

Hello there, how are you? I was curious about other parts on the bike, such as the stem, handlebars, seat and seat post. Could you please let me know what they are?
I don't know a great deal about bikes, and also on the down tube just above the N of COLIAN i can see two tiny black levers, what are they and its purpose?
Many thanks mike

Originally Posted by Michael00 .

Hello there, how are you? I was curious about other parts on the bike, such as the stem, handlebars, seat and seat post. Could you please let me know what they are?
I don't know a great deal about bikes, and also on the down tube just above the N of COLIAN i can see two tiny black levers, what are they and its purpose?
Many thanks mike
I would think they are downtube shifters but I might be wrong without a photo....., as for the other parts sheldonbrown.com always gives you well detailed info.

Posted my Felt AR5 before but now have made some adjustments....

New saddle - Fizik Antares
New tyres - Vittoria Diamante Pro 220 TPI
Bar tape - Prologo Skin Touch
Brake callipers - SRAM Dual Pivot
Crankset - SRAM Red Compact

Hoping to upgrade to SRAM Red components bit by bit :)

i see what you mean! didn't even think about that. thinking of replacing the cables with black ones anyway so probs look in to that as well.

cheers!

Not at all this bikeis the reason why Trek on it's Project One site a while back made the web page bike white, also I live in NYC and so many cyclist are killed riding in the city and when a tragedy like this occours they paint a bike all white and put it in the spot where the cyclist was hit. So it's also a celebratory bike when i ride. Your the first person who has ever disliked the bike. Everyone has an opinion and your entitled to yours

Originally Posted by davereo .

Keep the white paint away from this one. You destroyed your Madone.

I was not aware of the symbolic white. Too bad you did not share this on your original post. Shame on me for not knowing. I am sure my eyes would have been wide open with appreciation of your dedication.
Sorry/img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

Originally Posted by RonMadone .

Not at all this bikeis the reason why Trek on it's Project One site a while back made the web page bike white, also I live in NYC and so many cyclist are killed riding in the city and when a tragedy like this occours they paint a bike all white and put it in the spot where the cyclist was hit. So it's also a celebratory bike when i ride. Your the first person who has ever disliked the bike. Everyone has an opinion and your entitled to yours

Quote:Originally Posted by digikam . i see what you mean! didn't even think about that. thinking of replacing the cables with black ones anyway so probs look in to that as well.

cheers!

I'm just getting back on the bike after 15+ years. I decided to go "old school" and piece together a bike that is pretty much identical to the first bike I raced back in the 90s. It took me about a month and a half to find all the parts. Many of the parts are New Old Stock and the parts that aren't showed little signs of wear.

Specialized Allez Epic
Dura Ace 74XX series components
Dura Ace 7700 pedals
Drop In Handlebars (Had to have em cause ALL of my Race bike had them, almost like my trademark) They were brand new in origonal box never taped.
The wheels are a newer style but they are Specialized straight pull hubs and Mavic CXP22 rims. They aren't top shelf but they look like they belong on the bike.
Polar CS100 Heart Rate Monitor (so I know if I'm ready to die of a heart attack just before it happens)