Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

Originally Posted by blimlim .

The 2011 GIANT CROSS CITY 4 is a sporty, fast and comfortable bicycle that is ideal for electrical conversion. The quality running gear, good price and chromoly steel forks make it an excellent choice for a very fast transportation machine. This model pictured here I converted using a 500W motor and a 36V 10Ah lithium ion battery (LiFePO4) that comes in a custom designed lockable double layered rear rack. It offers a speed of about 35km/h and a range of approximately 30km with light pedalling. The bike retails in many shops for around $600. The kit is $890 through Solar Bike, www.solarbike.com.au . The triple walled deep V rim that comes with the motor kit are a good improvement. Installation took about 1 hour. Matt
Is this the bike Spartacus rode last year?

My 'new' 05 Giant TCR Advanced team frame with Dura Ace to join the aluminum-framed Bianchi I posted earlier.

Here is my beauty:

It is a Krapf frame made in swiss(1982)
Most components are shimano 600/dura ace
The rims are mavic ma40 with an old continental tire on the front and a no name tire on the rear.
(Sorry for my english)

This is my bike at the moment, Just got it, its a bit old but was kept in pretty amazing shape and rides great.

I also recently added clipless pedals that work with the green shoes you see by the seat as well.

Aushiker, those are some sweet rides! If I'm not mistaken, that's an MSR tent as well. Do you go hiking a lot?

DVNDSN said:
Aushiker, those are some sweet rides! If I'm not mistaken, that's an MSR tent as well. Do you go hiking a lot?
Thanks. Not a MSR, but close. That is a Black Diamond Mesa. Cycling has taken over now days so tend to spend what little time I have cycle touring rather than hiking. Mind you I did revisit the Cape to Cape Walk Trail in 2009 to fulfil a commitment to the Perth Bushwalkers Club to lead a walk of the Trail. Andrew

Ahh okay gotcha. Yeah hiking is my 2nd interest. I live in the US, so my wife and I hike and camp in the smoky mountains, red river gorge area quite often. Mammoth Cave National Park, the largest cave system in the world, is 45 minutes up the road from us.

Originally Posted by Aushiker .

Thanks. Not a MSR, but close. That is a Black Diamond Mesa. Cycling has taken over now days so tend to spend what little time I have cycle touring rather than hiking. Mind you I did revisit the Cape to Cape Walk Trail in 2009 to fulfil a commitment to the Perth Bushwalkers Club to lead a walk of the Trail.

Andrew

Hi.
Agreed re nice bikes.
What brand are those bar end mirrors and how do you find them in use?
BBB

2011 Trek 2.3 Just have platform pedals for now. Sidi Five shoes and Look Keo pedals will be arriving on Monday.

Bigbananabike said:
Hi.
Agreed re nice bikes.
What brand are those bar end mirrors and how do you find them in use?
BBB

The ones on the road bikes are Zefal Spy mirrors. Andrew

Originally Posted by Aushiker .

The ones on the road bikes are Zefal Spy mirrors.

Andrew
And the second part of my question Andrew...how do you find them in use? Do they vibrate annoyingly? Give a good feild of vision?
BBB

Bigbananabike said:
And the second part of my question Andrew...how do you find them in use? Do they vibrate annoyingly? Give a good feild of vision?
BBB

Sorry missed the second part. No problems with vibration but they can be easily bumped. I guess that is a good thing and a bad thing. It dosen't bother me. Field of view is limited but I have got use to it now and I find it works well around the city. Out on a tour I find it a bit more limiting and prefer a larger mirror, but around town, they work fine. I check what is happening behind me far more than I would doing head checks. In fact I don't head check much at all. For example if wanting to change lanes I can do multiple checks with the mirror in advance so to speak to time the gap, whereas head-checking, I would probably have to come to a stop on some days. The mirror gives me sufficient detail to judge it okay. Andrew

This is the start of my race build for next year, a full SRAM Force group will be going on. I am not sure if I am going to change out the bars, seatpost, and seat, I am not big on spending tons of $ just to save a few grams. The measurements match my current setup exact, but since the headtube on the Caad 10 is so much larger than my current bike, the stem is slammed, which IMO will make the bike look sweet once I trim the extra off..

A little photoshop:

Originally Posted by bgoetz .

This is the start of my race build for next year, a full SRAM Force group will be going on. I am not sure if I am going to change out the bars, seatpost, and seat, I am not big on spending tons of $ just to save a few grams. The measurements match my current setup exact, but since the headtube on the Caad 10 is so much larger than my current bike, the stem is slammed, which IMO will make the bike look sweet once I trim the extra off..

A little photoshop:

It'll be a cool set up.
Race speed is almost all about wheels (aero, lightweight) rather than shaving a gram or two on the seatpost or some other non rotating part.
BBB

Just picked this up yesterday. Its my first road bike. Upgrading from a Trek fx 7.5
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/road/performance-road/2011-synapse-carbon-5-105-16704