Show me around NC?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Rich, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Thanks JM, DH and Zilla for the trail advice, you gave me great info to make a list of spots to hit.
    I've got two more questions:

    Can anyone reccommend a good shop in the area to hit up for more info? Cherokee is the nearest city
    to where we are staying.

    If there are any AMBers nearby, would you care to show a long time lurker small time poster your
    stomping ground? I'll be there from July 6th thru the 11th and wouldn't mind driving a bit for
    good company.

    Tags:

  2. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Rich <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > If there are any AMBers nearby, would you care to show a long time lurker small time poster your
    > stomping ground? I'll be there from July 6th thru the 11th and wouldn't mind driving a bit for
    > good company.

    All they would have to do is look for the fool wearing full body armor on the most
    a-technical trails.

    JD

  3. Rich

    Rich Guest

    JD wrote:

    > Rich <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>If there are any AMBers nearby, would you care to show a long time lurker small time poster your
    >>stomping ground? I'll be there from July 6th thru the 11th and wouldn't mind driving a bit for
    >>good company.
    >

    > All they would have to do is look for the fool wearing full body armor on the most
    > a-technical trails.
    >
    > JD

    zzzzzzzzzzz

  4. Tj

    Tj Guest

    "Rich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks JM, DH and Zilla for the trail advice, you gave me great info to make a list of spots to
    > hit. I've got two more questions:
    >
    > Can anyone reccommend a good shop in the area to hit up for more info? Cherokee is the nearest
    > city to where we are staying.
    >
    > If there are any AMBers nearby, would you care to show a long time lurker small time poster your
    > stomping ground? I'll be there from July 6th thru the 11th and wouldn't mind driving a bit for
    > good company.

    I will be in Cary, NC for those dates. I am bringing my bike to ride New Light, and some of the
    other trails in the area in the evening. I will probably ride Lake Harris, and or Crabtree Monday,
    and Tue night. Drop me a line if you are going to be in the same area.

    TJ

    To reply remove the bounce.

    www.gvii.net/hundtoft

  5. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    "Rich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | Thanks JM, DH and Zilla for the trail advice, you gave me great info to make a list of spots to
    | hit. I've got two more questions:
    |
    | Can anyone reccommend a good shop in the area to hit up for more info? Cherokee is the nearest
    | city to where we are staying.
    |
    | If there are any AMBers nearby, would you care to show a long time lurker small time poster your
    | stomping ground? I'll be there from July 6th thru the 11th and wouldn't mind driving a bit for
    | good company.

    You'd have to come into Charlotte (International Bicycle) to find me right now. I'm pretty tied
    down to the shop. If you did come down this way, I could get you to Beech Springs (AKA Poplar Tent,
    AKA Andrews)

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 6/18/2003

  6. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    There's an LBS Brevard, NC. I'll try to look up the name...

    --
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

    "Rich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks JM, DH and Zilla for the trail advice, you gave me great info to make a list of spots to
    > hit. I've got two more questions:
    >
    > Can anyone reccommend a good shop in the area to hit up for more info? Cherokee is the nearest
    > city to where we are staying.
    >
    > If there are any AMBers nearby, would you care to show a long time lurker small time poster your
    > stomping ground? I'll be there from July 6th thru the 11th and wouldn't mind driving a bit for
    > good company.

  7. D H

    D H Guest

    "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > There's an LBS Brevard, NC. I'll try to look up the name...
    >
    > --
    > - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

    The one I went to is right near the Cradle of Forestry, just north of Brevard, I think. It is
    the Backcountry Outdoors shop, 828 884-4262. Fantastic customer service, great folks, always
    have been ready to help with info etc.
    --
    Off to ride the mountains, D H Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.

  8. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    "D H" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > There's an LBS Brevard, NC. I'll try to look up the name...
    > >
    > > --
    > > - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)
    >
    > The one I went to is right near the Cradle of Forestry, just north of Brevard, I think. It is
    > the Backcountry Outdoors shop, 828 884-4262. Fantastic customer service, great folks, always
    > have been ready to help
    with
    > info etc.
    > --
    > Off to ride the mountains, D H Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.

    Yep that's it!!!

    --
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)