Show me on the doll where the bad englishman hurt you

CAMPYBOB

Sep 12, 2005
I ordered from Ribble last Friday. Actually, I ordered three times. This was not my first rodeo with Ribble. They are good folks with great prices on stuff we all use.

Shipment number 1 arrived this afternoon. Not even a week from time of order to get from Merry Olde England to Ohio via a bonded customs warehouse!

Low prices.
Items in stock as advertised.
Free shipping.
No import duty.
Website and email updates on order status.

All items in OEM factory packaging.
Factory packaging enclosed in airtight sealed plastic.
Individual items well padded to prevent handling damage.

The nerve of those people to treat me that way!

I am so ****** I could curl up in a fetal position and post on the intarwebz just how poorly I was treated...er...wait! Wut?

Let's review, shall we?

Good people.
Good prices.
Good service.

Well, they did use one of those no-name Chinese boxes. Guess 4-1/2 stars on the review then! LOL!

I will use Ribble again, when the time comes.

Last edited:
Have you tried bikediscount. De?

The prices are a bit too good... But they have expensive shipping..

I tried ordering once but they never shipped.. apparently the items that were in stock at the moment, went out of stock...

They are constantly 25% less on average compared to all the other web shops ..

Not yet, Volnix. I will check them out.

I've had great experiences with the English. Irish and Swedish web shops as well as a bunch of the American web resellers. Never ripped off. Never disappointed.

My local LBS's are good, too. t's just that they rarely have the the components, tools, clothing, etc. that I typically buy in stock. When they do have something I need I try to buy it locally if the price difference isn't stupid huge.

Fuuuuuck! It's all in Churman! Google Translate will give me something like: shitmaNO Ultra Rekord 53 round teeth chainwheel minus bolting on devices only 12 Yuro's!

Fuuuuuck! It's all in Churman! Google Translate will give me something like: shitmaNO Ultra Rekord 53 round teeth chainwheel minus bolting on devices only 12 Yuro's!

There is a button somewhere that changes it to en-engles..

Yeah the prices are too good.. they have expensive shipping.. Like some eBay sellers..

Alot of ppl bought from them without a problem but when I tried getting some tires I spent 5 euro in phonecalls to sort out what was happening..

I don't like online shopping.. plus the shops here lately sell everything from everyone.. I think they merged or something. :D

Prices are sometimes even cheaper than online and they also sell some pretty sweet goodies. :)

But yeah, check how much they sell Conti.. get some bulk of 4season gp's and throw them away after 2 rides. :D

The title of the thread is really puzzling me ... has it been hacked / changed? "Show me on the doll where the bad englishman hurt you" seems to have absolutely no relevance to a thread about good service from Ribble - unless I'm missing something that should be obvious to me? :confused:

The title of the thread is really puzzling me ... has it been hacked / changed? "Show me on the doll where the bad englishman hurt you" seems to have absolutely no relevance to a thread about good service from Ribble - unless I'm missing something that should be obvious to me? :confused:

It's a UK based shop.

It's a UK based shop.
It is indeed - but the thread title is something I'd expect to hear in a police station from a female officer interviewing the victim of some sex crime, not see on a thread about a specific cycling retailer (unless I'm being completely dim and missing an obvious joke in relation to Ribble?). Could be a cultural thing? Perhaps Bob just has a surreal sense of humour? ;)

It is indeed - but the thread title is something I'd expect to hear in a police station from a female officer interviewing the victim of some sex crime, not see on a thread about a specific cycling retailer (unless I'm being completely dim and missing an obvious joke in relation to Ribble?). Could be a cultural thing?

TBH though this whole forum confuses me; there seem to be a mass of posts by people who've never ridden a bike, let alone should be giving advice to others (present company excepted, of course! ;)).

What I think he meant is that even though it was a long shot he got good service from that overseas shop..

I would prefer having girls biting my ass instead of dealing with India based on line shop calling centres anytime. :D it's as bad.. even worse sometimes. :D at least you only have to go to the police station once instead of 5 times to the bank.. and they give you candy! :D

Oh I ride a bike.. a big black f'k-off shinny one! :D

Reactions: CyclingJunkies
Bob just has a surreal sense of humour?

Well, that I do! The thread was in response to another member that not only believes Simple Green citrus cleaner dissolves bicycles chains, but is under the impression that Ribble gives poor service to the United States.

I have used almost all of the major and minor web resellers over the years and had nothing but <Borat> Great Success!

Ribble is good to go.

"TBH though this whole forum confuses me; there seem to be a mass of posts by people who've never ridden a bike, let alone should be giving advice to others (present company excepted, of course! ;))."

Egg-Zackly!

Even some of the guys that ride are...clueless. I will give you a gold star for at least having a good guess about my sense of humor! I laugh at just about everything in life. Better to be happy than sad.

Well, that I do! The thread was in response to another member that not only believes Simple Green citrus cleaner dissolves bicycles chains, but is under the impression that Ribble gives poor service to the United States.

I have used almost all of the major and minor web resellers over the years and had nothing but <Borat> Great Success!

Ribble is good to go.

"TBH though this whole forum confuses me; there seem to be a mass of posts by people who've never ridden a bike, let alone should be giving advice to others (present company excepted, of course! ;))."

Egg-Zackly!

Even some of the guys that ride are...clueless. I will give you a gold star for at least having a good guess about my sense of humor! I laugh at just about everything in life. Better to be happy than sad.

Is that the same one that spray paints bare chested Viking girls on his alu-forks? With a fixation towards alien life forms?

Naah that one joined ISIS and got a barrel bomb of wd40 in his ass didn't he? :D

Hey Bob... Have you thought of a cross frame? :D with calipers brah! :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'ld rather go through life laughing than believing some of the stuff I read on the Intarwebz.

The pro's are still split on caliper or disco brakes for 'cross. Even on some of those insanely sloppy courses the pics will show the leaders using calipers. Of course, they get a clean bike every lap or two...and no. You're not going to talk me into a 'cross bike. Or a comfort bike. Or an endurance bike. Or ANYTHING with the words "Gran Fondo" attached to it.

Zertz, front or rear 'suspension' and tire pressure under 105 PSI is for Nancy boys. Or pro's riding P-R.

I'ld rather go through life laughing than believing some of the stuff I read on the Intarwebz.

The pro's are still split on caliper or disco brakes for 'cross. Even on some of those insanely sloppy courses the pics will show the leaders using calipers. Of course, they get a clean bike every lap or two...and no. You're not going to talk me into a 'cross bike. Or a comfort bike. Or an endurance bike. Or ANYTHING with the words "Gran Fondo" attached to it.

Zertz, front or rear 'suspension' and tire pressure under 105 PSI is for Nancy boys. Or pro's riding P-R.

Hey don't tell me.. I got non ETROO 23-25s! :D could as well get a telemarketing landrider! :D

Do you remember Mr Bob.. when we trolled the entire production Line of Taiwan?

The cyclocross with calliper instead of cantilever brake bike not enough for anything paved? That's real custom sh't bro! :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Aero brakes! Makes a time-saving difference at the U-turn on those out & back TT courses. Winner!