Show of hands

Dave W

Guest
Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...

How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this year?
(any ORGANIZED amount)

Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)

Dave W wrote:
> Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
>
> How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this year?
> (any ORGANIZED amount)
>
> Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)

More than you can imagine with the Mountain Bike Patrol and two local
clubs. This summer we will be building 30 miles of new trails (true
singletrack) in Buffalo Creek. We will do it by raising funds locally
and working with the USFS and not ask for funding from them since it was
pretty much all taken away.

Also, it's not always about giving back with a group. Yesterday, we
stopped where some inconsiderate riders had created a new trail around
mud and closed it off with branches, logs, etc. Whenever I see someone
stopped on the trail I ask if they have everything they need. I stop to
chat with hikers and equestrians to show we are all here for the same
reason.

So Dave, it's a good start. Keep it up.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Dave W wrote:
> Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
>
> How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this year?
> (any ORGANIZED amount)
>
> Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)

I did a bit.

Matt

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dave W wrote:
>> Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
>>
>> How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this
>> year? (any ORGANIZED amount)
>>
>> Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)
>>

> I did a bit.
>
> Matt

Great. But does it feel like you've did enough?

Dave (Need to get more of Penneys spirt myself!)

Dave W wrote:
> Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
>
> How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this year?
> (any ORGANIZED amount)

Legal or illegal?

// they's organized!

Dave W wrote:
> Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
>
> How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this year?
> (any ORGANIZED amount)
>
> Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)

I did, it was fun and edumacational.

Shawn

Dave W wrote:
> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Dave W wrote:
>>
>>>Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
>>>
>>>How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this
>>>year? (any ORGANIZED amount)
>>>
>>>Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)
>>>

>>I did a bit.
>>
>>Matt

> Great. But does it feel like you've did enough?
>
> Dave (Need to get more of Penneys spirt myself!)

Yes. I put in the hours I could, gave what I could afford, and supported
fund raising events. There's a good movement going on here and it's nice
to be a part of it.

Matt

Dave W wrote:
> Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
>
> How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this year?
> (any ORGANIZED amount)
>
> Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)

About 40 hours so far. On a big trail day we'll hike in with a
chainsaw, shovels, pickaxe and machete. As a group ( I only managed to
help a few times this year) we've spent over 100 hours clearing and
building trails. One of which is about 20km and the management of which
has now been taken over by the local forestry commission.

Another one, a short 6km loop, has now been listed as a nature
ride/hike for local tourism, and we've held 3 races there so far.

Laters,

Marcus

Dave W wrote:
> Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
>
> How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this year?
> (any ORGANIZED amount)
>
> Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)

both hands raised...

CDB

Dave W wrote:
> Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
>
> How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area
> this year? (any ORGANIZED amount)
>
> Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)

I'm on my 10th year of organized trail work with hundreds of hours and many
miles of trail under my belt. I am now the "Trail Boss" or Trail Work
Coordinator for Richmond Area MORE here in Central Virginia.

Mike - Mikey V's worst nightmare.

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:50:22 -0800, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

> Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
>
> How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this
> year?
> (any ORGANIZED amount)
>
> Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)

I poached 5 illegal trails, killed 7 whip snakes, ran over 3 jack rabbits,
and hucked a herd of cattle. Got a little thirsty on that last one, so I
crawled under one to poach some fresh milk.
--
Slack

Slack wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:50:22 -0800, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
> >
> > How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this
> > year?
> > (any ORGANIZED amount)
> >
> > Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)
> >

> I poached 5 illegal trails, killed 7 whip snakes, ran over 3 jack rabbits,
> and hucked a herd of cattle. Got a little thirsty on that last one, so I
> crawled under one to poach some fresh milk.
> --
> Slack

Dude, PETA is gonna get a contract on YOU............!!!!!!!!

CB wrote:
> Slack wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:50:22 -0800, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
>>>
>>> How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this
>>> year?
>>> (any ORGANIZED amount)
>>>
>>> Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)
>>>

>> I poached 5 illegal trails, killed 7 whip snakes, ran over 3 jack rabbits,
>> and hucked a herd of cattle. Got a little thirsty on that last one, so I
>> crawled under one to poach some fresh milk.
>> --
>> Slack

> Dude, PETA is gonna get a contract on YOU............!!!!!!!!

And don't forget ate a brace of red-legged frogs.....just for you mike!!

There are only two ways you would see a show of my hand, pig boy. One
would be with the middle digit extended and the other would be in the
form of a knuckle sandwich headed for that big, empty noggin of yours
at about 100mph.

JD

JD wrote:
> There are only two ways you would see a show of my hand, pig boy.

Dueling Banjoes played in my head after I read that.

I wonder how often Dave does his Ned Beatty impression....

E.P.

P.S. Saw that movie 20 years ago, and it still creeps me out.

Slack wrote:
> I poached 5 illegal trails, killed 7 whip snakes, ran over 3 jack rabbits,
> and hucked a herd of cattle. Got a little thirsty on that last one, so I
> crawled under one to poach some fresh milk.
> --

ummm, whipsnake. Tire-Tenderized whipsnake. Better than chicken or
jack rabbit in a rosemary/tarragon sauce.

nk

> There are only two ways you would see a show of my hand, pig boy. One
> would be with the middle digit extended and the other would be in the
> form of a knuckle sandwich headed for that big, empty noggin of yours
> at about 100mph.
>
> JD

lame-ass internet threat duly noted. Like I said, I think I'd enjoy
that...and it also answers the question quite succenctly. You DON'T GIVE
BACK TO THE TRAILS YOU RIDE!! Your a neanderthal whose time is past...why
don't you just disappear into the woodwork then go ahead....please!

promises promises OZ...just empty promises....along with your m-t e

Dave W wrote:
> Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
>
> How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this year?
> (any ORGANIZED amount)
>
> Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)

Dude, ********, I pay taxes and this work is supposed to be done by
people receiving my tax money.

LIBERATOR wrote:
> Dave W wrote:
>> Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
>>
>> How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this year?
>> (any ORGANIZED amount)
>>
>> Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)

> Dude, ********, I pay taxes and this work is supposed to be done by
> people receiving my tax money.

BWWAAAHAHAHAHA! You don't pay a dime in taxes you homeless nut case.
In fact, my taxes pay to feed and house your worthless ass.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> LIBERATOR wrote:
> > Dave W wrote:
> >> Not you Penny. I would like to know who exactly gives back...
> >>
> >> How many in this group actually performed trail work in your area this year?
> >> (any ORGANIZED amount)
> >>
> >> Dave (3, 6 hr days this year)

> > Dude, ********, I pay taxes and this work is supposed to be done by
> > people receiving my tax money.
> >

> BWWAAAHAHAHAHA! You don't pay a dime in taxes you homeless nut case.
> In fact, my taxes pay to feed and house your worthless ass.

Plumpy penguin, I pay taxes many times a day. And you don't feed me
nothing, I eat out at very nice restaurants, Jasons Deli, Wendys,
Shorty Lus Diner, Country Buffet, so Gay-Penguin-Alot, what is it with
this tax homeless worthless debut attack of me coming from, is there an
angry gay child within you seeking acknowledgement? Are you tired of
keeping your homosexuality a secret from the public? I do have those
pictures of you making out with J.D., be careful penguin squad
commander, I might embarrass you if the Mooses don't do it first. BTW,
are you looking for some fighting lessons so when the Moosey meets you
on the trail to take your fishy away, you can fight him?