Show off your bike

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> JD wrote:
> > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<eA4%[email protected]>...
> >> Just curious to see what everyone out there is riding...

> > http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/502/235111/081704_035.jpg
> >
> > JD

> Nice! Will there be fenders?

No, but I'm making some ash hubcaps to match the wood block pedals and
will eventually get some graphics on it when I get to painting the '40
Schwinn.

JD

> If JD rides that thing he's doing real good. I tried one
> on Sunday afternoon and its a knee killer and those handlebars were like
> that delivery trike I tried out in 66. Half a bus streering wheel.
>
> I MTB 2004

Strange thing about those Rollfast middleweights, the top tube is 23
1/2", so there's really no knee banging. The seat tube is only 16"
though, compared to Schwinn's standard 18" seat tube and 21 1/2" top
tube. The best thing is that it's really light for a cruiser and
whipping it through a crowded beach bike path in SoCal is a thing of
grace and ease.

JD

JD wrote:
> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> JD wrote:
>>> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:<eA4%[email protected]>...
>>>
>>> http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/502/235111/081704_035.jpg
>>>
>>> JD

>> Nice! Will there be fenders?

> No, but I'm making some ash hubcaps to match the wood block pedals and
> will eventually get some graphics on it when I get to painting the '40
> Schwinn.
>
> JD

Classy! OK, Now I feel like I need a good photo of my townie, even though
it's not nearly as shiny.

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> JD wrote:
> > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...

> >> Nice! Will there be fenders?

> > No, but I'm making some ash hubcaps to match the wood block pedals and
> > will eventually get some graphics on it when I get to painting the '40
> > Schwinn.
> >
> > JD

> Classy! OK, Now I feel like I need a good photo of my townie, even though
> it's not nearly as shiny.

It rarely does townie duty and always travels to SoCal with me every
trip. Perfect for the beach.

JD