Show us your Commuter!!!!

Discussion in 'Commuting and Road Safety' started by Sando, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Sando

Sando New Member

There are lots of threads about the bike that you commute on but I can't find one that includeds photos.

So here is your chance, show us all a picture of your commuter and tell us a bit about it!:cool:

Tags:

2. Beave

Beave New Member

[​IMG]

Probably a bit overkill for a commuter, but I am a one-bike kind of guy (or on a one bike budget!) and this bike can do everything I need from getting to work to adventures in the mountains during the weekends. I also have the option of riding a few miles of trail to and from work, so a road bike wouldn't work for me anyway.

I tried to build this bike as maintenance free as possible, so it sports a Rohloff internal hub (which I love!) and coil/oil sprung shocks as opposed to air. Single chainring/cogs + a perfect chainline and no shifting issues make for a bike that just keeps riding; Minimal if any tweaking of drivetrain required.

When in commute mode (equals rain in the Seattle area) she sports Planet Bike full coverage fenders, a Niterider HID headlamp, Catete TL-LD 1000 tail flasher and Nokian studded tires from November to March.

I get paid $30 a month to ride into work and I'm putting a personal dent in the oil-honchos pocket book;

15.5 miles per day = 3627 miles per year or about 4 Oil Barrels/$508 in gas

3. beanspropulsion

beanspropulsion New Member

Nice bike Beave....

I'm sort of a born again biker, not ridden a bike since I was a kid, I bought a cheap GT Avalanche 3.0 about 18 months ago and haven't been off the thing since, do about 120ks (80 miles) a week.

Apart from the odd dickhead motorist i'm loving it.

Waiting until funds permit and might get a roadbike.

Here is my current ride, fairly bog standard apart from a recent new quality chain and slick tyres, plus 2 bottle cages which you need in our summer weather.

[​IMG]

4. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

The week starts with this bike

[​IMG]

Until something breaks and then I move to this bike

[​IMG]

Some days I feel I'm getting no where

[​IMG]

5. rongarcia

rongarcia New Member

Here is mine:
    [​IMG]
    I have added: Cateye OptiCUBE Headlight, Cateye Strada Cadence Computer, Zefal Spin Bicycle Handlebar Mirror, 700x35mm Bontrager Approved Black Fenders, Bontrager Back Rack l, Trek Interchange Waterproof Rear Trunk Pack, Trek Basic Panniers, Planet Bike Rack Blinky 5, Bell Kickstand and 700x38c Nimbus Armadillo tires.

6. BogoMIPS

BogoMIPS New Member

[​IMG]

Specialized GLOBE. Daily Commuter (weather permitting).

14 miles Round trip, 6 days a week. Half way point is crossing the Connecticut River.

I enjoy the ride and am in no hurry to get to work anyway. The bike really isn't built for speed, but the gearing is perfect for me, and any hill I encounter is never an issue.

So far I have only had one flat tire going to work, (piece of broken glass) but was equipped with the tools and spare tube. And all the bikers that passed me asked if I was OK.

I look forward to participating in these forums.
    [​IMG]

7. TreKenny

TreKenny New Member

My 1 month old Trek

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]