Show your bike(s). Post Pics!!!

Its been a long time coming, but I am finally getting her the way I like it.

Tricycle.JPG

bobbyOCR said:

definitely one of the better looking track machines I've seen.
Thank you sir! and it's very cheap:

Frame by Vetta SNC artisans (Padova, Italy), it's built on me (ok I sent him my measures and they created it... aluminium 7005, 49x51 slooping) 250€
Aheadset FSA 15€
Handlebar 3ttt Pista 25€
Stem 3ttt Mutant 20€ but it's too long (13 cm) I will change with another one shorter (10? 11). I miscalculated its lenght, I did not count the handlebar reach...
Groupset Miche Pista (crankset italian movement 67€ with 48 crown, chain 1/8" 10€, rear gear 14 teeth 17€)
Pedals... ??? 30€ on ebay ;) used
Sella Italia SLR 35€ private auction, used
Seat Tube artisanal, 55€ private auction, used

The front wheel has been built by me, it uses a 28 hole Miche Hub (25€ used) + DT Swiss black spokes (10€) + rim 150€ new artisanal (CarboPower, Latina, Italy... thay also create frames). The tubular is old (Vittora Corsa Evo-CX)...

The rear wheel is an old ambrosio of the 80's flip-flop (it weights 2,3 kg...), I brought it to the car-painter and with 80€ overall (the wheel has been bought on a private auction) it was ok. Clincher Vittoria OPEN Corsa Evo-CX... :D :D right?

Hey IEatRice4Dinner - that's a nice looking red BMC! Can you post a better side pic of it complete? Looks really nice with Eurus wheels! What's it's weight and total cost?

I really like BMCs if I have to go for a round tube bike too. Or a Cervelo R3. Trek is last place.

nice bike i was looking for a bit of advice about tires really. i do about 60 miles a week and was looking for new tires. something lite but punture proof any suggestions? thanks. what about your conti gp 4000 any good.
FreeHueco said:
Here's me and my lovely new bike. :)

This was from before I had even taped the bars. It's got about 250 miles on it now in the last week and a half... Oh, and I now have ROL Volant wheels and Conti GP 4000 tires on it...

rl1.jpg

A lot of nice roadies here so I thought I'd post my offroaders....

stereo.jpeg

Cube Stereo Louise 2006

focus.jpeg

Focus Black Hills (my first alpine crossing)

This is my team issue Trek OCLV Project One. Mavic Carbone clincher wheels minus the stickers, Carbon Fiber Bars, Race Lite Carbon Seat Post, and stem, Dura Ace 10 speed groupo, Speed Play X2's, Michelins Pro Race Tires, Carbon Water Bottle Cages, my Power Tap is on my other rear wheel. Total weight is 16.5 pounds without the X2's.

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

thme.jpg

bobbyOCR said:
that cube is spectacular. How's the suspention system? Efficient or pogo?
Thanks.

The suspension is pretty good. You can set the rebound so you end up bouncing around much less than you would with a hard tail. The main reason I have the suspension is to keep in touch with terra firma.

With the arm almost in line with the chain, it doesn't tend to bounce in pedalling much either. You can stiffen it durring riding to avoid any movement due to pedalling, which is useful if you are climbing and need every bit of energy.

You can shorten the forks for climbing too.

Ok, here's mine. Finally finished the build over the past weekend. Thanks to all those who has guided me along the way. :)

Ridley.jpg

brightest said:
p1010442sq6.jpg

It was just handed down to me
Whoa, is that a Vitus frame set? I drooled after those in the day. Clean it up and it will be a wonderful classic bike. Just don't expect any rigidity at all from that frame!

Just a thought on this bike. While it may by the angle of the picutre, it appears the fork is bent, probably from a head on impact. Draw an imaginary line down from the headtube toward the ground. The fork center does not follow this line. The wheel also looks very close to the downtube. You might get this checked out, and the main frame as well, espeically at the headtube area. Good quality forks are available at reasonable prices.

That does look off. I would also look at the paint where the downtube and top tube meet the head tube. If there is any abnormalities (flaking, cracking) then the frame has been compromised and you should be VERY careful (as in don't ride it). Of course, it could just be a weird fork. Judging by the picture, though, the bike looks immaculate and it would be strange if it were crashed. Moreso, Brightest claimed it was handed down. What relative would hand down a bunk bike frame?

Calvin Jones said:
Just a thought on this bike. While it may by the angle of the picutre, it appears the fork is bent, probably from a head on impact. Draw an imaginary line down from the headtube toward the ground. The fork center does not follow this line. The wheel also looks very close to the downtube. You might get this checked out, and the main frame as well, espeically at the headtube area. Good quality forks are available at reasonable prices.

If you don't mind me asking,

What have you guys invested ($$) into some those wild bikes? ie, the bmc, trek, ridley, etc...

And while we're on the topic of moula, what is a typical TDF bike worth?