Show your bike(s). Post Pics!!!

warriorcliff77 said:
If you don't mind me asking,

What have you guys invested ($$) into some those wild bikes? ie, the bmc, trek, ridley, etc...

And while we're on the topic of moula, what is a typical TDF bike worth?
Would you believe it, but only around $3,000 went into my BMC. OEM parts and sponsor deals are great.

Typical TdF bike can be built up for under $10,000 Aussie, so I'd say about $7,500 USD.

warriorcliff77 said:

What have you guys invested ($$) into some those wild bikes? ie, the bmc, trek, ridley, etc...

And while we're on the topic of moula, what is a typical TDF bike worth?
Mine was a team special order (Trek) and has the full dura ace groupo. paid $ 2,200 which is a smokin deal.

sogood said:
Ok, here's mine. Finally finished the build over the past weekend. Thanks to all those who has guided me along the way. :)

Ridley.jpg

Nice, although the purple or magenta tires burn my eyes.

alienator said:
Nice, although the purple or magenta tires burn my eyes.
Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX tyres. They are supposedly red. In real life they actually looked ok, or maybe the white balance wasn't quite right with the overcast sky.

sogood said:
Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX tyres. They are supposedly red. In real life they actually looked ok, or maybe the white balance wasn't quite right with the overcast sky.
Just wait 'till the sun fades them pink, happened to mine.

warriorcliff77 said:

Unfortunately my Giant TCR advanced team is at about 9k AUD in the picture.
I added the following over the stock bike, which was basically durace everything including the wheelset.
Its high because I paid the rrp on the stock bike when it newly introduced in November 05, should have waited and saved about 2k. This would have paid for all the add ons.

Fizik Arione Carbon Braided saddle
Deda RS Corsa Carbon seat post
Deda Zero 100 stem
Time RXS Carbon ti pedals
Elite Patao carbon cages
Michelin Pro 2 Race "limited edition" tires
Polar 625x computer (speed, cadence and hr)

And I still get cracked by mountain bikes.

Don't tell the Finance Mgr (aka the wife) or use the excuse its an investment for a healthy life.;) Cheaper than medical bills until you crash.

WIGGUM1 said:
Just wait 'till the sun fades them pink, happened to mine.
Fortunately it won't be purple/magenta, or it'll really burn Alienator's eyes. ;)

Gadolinium said:
If it looks as good as it rides, you'll love it
Thank you, i know what you mean.. :)

rode it 4 hours ago to the next town and back 1.5 hours.. and i'm starting to love it! Its nice! sporty, lively, smooth and comfortable. I've been riding it only around the block for the past 2 days, getting used to it and tweaking things :p

JTE83 said:
Hey IEatRice4Dinner - that's a nice looking red BMC! Can you post a better side pic of it complete? Looks really nice with Eurus wheels! What's it's weight and total cost?

I really like BMCs if I have to go for a round tube bike too. Or a Cervelo R3. Trek is last place.
125_2571.jpg

125_2573.jpg
weight is around like 16.25 lbs with thoes parts thats prolly around 4000$ USD

Here is my Time VX Special Pro w/Campy Record and plenty of other carbon bits.
VXPro-1.jpg

Here's my baby. A little retro but still a wonderful and fast ride. The photo is a little old, before I replaced the brake hoods. $40.00 USD for two, outrageous! i still have work to do on the other three before I post photos of them.

IEatRice4Dinner said:
that time is hot :eek:
Your BMC is pretty hot too. Look back though this thread and look at bobbyOCR's bike. That is so hot that it should be X rated!;)

fetish.jpg

Not quite a BMC, Ridley or Time. But I just finished this a couple of weeks ago and it's a pretty fine criterium bike. Stiff, very snappy handling and horribly unforgiving on rough roads. Very comparable to the CAAD7 I was racing a couple of seasons back.

--brett