Shut your pie hole Simoni

dkota_rt

Jul 9, 2004
What a crying Italian schoolgirl. First, you have Pitachi and Chipolini quitting because the TDF is just to tough for these flat stage fair wheather sprinters, and now you have Simoni crying because Lance can treat him like a ***** on a bicycle anytime he damn well pleases. Simoni should shut the hell up and train better if he wants to compete at the TDF. If he can't beat Lance at his game , then why should Lance play Simoni's game? Lance is the BOSS of the TDF. Get used to it Italian cry babies.........

dkota_rt said:
What a crying Italian schoolgirl. First, you have Pitachi and Chipolini quitting because the TDF is just to tough for these flat stage fair wheather sprinters, and now you have Simoni crying because Lance can treat him like a ***** on a bicycle anytime he damn well pleases. Simoni should shut the hell up and train better if he wants to compete at the TDF. If he can't beat Lance at his game , then why should Lance play Simoni's game? Lance is the BOSS of the TDF. Get used to it Italian cry babies.........

Not that I don't at least partially agree with your point here but I think maybe uhm...

... I think the guy you're talking about is Filippo Simeoni, not Gilberto Simoni. Gilberto Simoni is the guy who won the 2003 Giro d'Italia, then floundered in the first mountain stages of the Tour de France after announcing that he was going to destroy Armstrong in the mountains. Filippo Simeoni is the guy who is testifying against Doctor Michele Ferarri and is whining like a hurt puppy because Armstrong chased him down as he bridged to a break-away, causing the other riders in the break-away to ask him to return to the peloton.

And not to be too picky but I think the others you mention are Alessandro Petacchi and Mario Cipollini.

Hope this helps and yes; Simeoni should keep his comments and concerns to the court room and Lance should probably avoid using the race as a stage on which to act out his frustrations.

Beastt said:
Not that I don't at least partially agree with your point here but I think maybe uhm...

... I think the guy you're talking about is Filippo Simeoni, not Gilberto Simoni. Gilberto Simoni is the guy who won the 2003 Giro d'Italia, then floundered in the first mountain stages of the Tour de France after announcing that he was going to destroy Armstrong in the mountains. Filippo Simeoni is the guy who is testifying against Doctor Michele Ferarri and is whining like a hurt puppy because Armstrong chased him down as he bridged to a break-away, causing the other riders in the break-away to ask him to return to the peloton.

And not to be too picky but I think the others you mention are Alessandro Petacchi and Mario Cipollini.

Hope this helps and yes; Simeoni should keep his comments and concerns to the court room and Lance should probably avoid using the race as a stage on which to act out his frustrations.
yes mario cipollini never finished the tdf but he was a good sprinter in his day. This year in the tour he didnt do to well.

ryan_velo said:
yes mario cipollini never finished the tdf but he was a good sprinter in his day. This year in the tour he didnt do to well.

A GOOD sprinter in has day??? Cipo was nothing short of GREAT! Maybe one of the best ever. No offense intended I just wanted to clarify. :)

meehs said:
A GOOD sprinter in has day??? Cipo was nothing short of GREAT! Maybe one of the best ever. No offense intended I just wanted to clarify. :)
And while Cipo does have a well deserved reputation for bailing on the TdF when it turns uphill, Petachii crashed the day before he dropped out and had recieved some pretty nasty injuries.

dkota_rt said:

First off - I am a big Lance fan. However, I think what he did to Simeoni on two stages in the TdF was wrong and unprofessional. Lance is a huge name, Simeoni is a no-one. I'm disappointed that someone in his position couldn't rise above this. Using the TdF as a stage to get back at Simeoni was low. Unfortunately it looks like Lance really overstepped the mark here and I read in Cycling Weekly today that he is being investigated by Italian Police for intimidating a key witness in the trial of Dr Ferrari (ie Simeoni). The charges against him will be formalised in court in Rome next month.

Beastt said:
Gilberto Simoni is the guy who won the 2003 Giro d'Italia, then floundered in the first mountain stages of the Tour de France after announcing that he was going to destroy Armstrong in the mountains.

Who could forget? Hey Gilberto; Open mouth, insert foot! ;)

Simoni kept his yap shut at the tour this year, but got shelled out like last year. He did however bury himself in a tough Giro this year, and was a bit of a whiner over Cunego breaking his legs off on almost every climb. He gets a point for being smarter at the tour this year by keeping his pie hole shut but loses 2 points and gets a ride on the wusie wagon for his Giro crying. Just my opinion.

meehs said:
Amen brotha!!! I'm 6'1 215 so I have to be a fan of the big sprinters and Cipo is a legend; I loved watching Thor Hushav (spelled it wrong), and Lance's comments on him were funny...

allanw said:
Amen brotha!!! I'm 6'1 215 so I have to be a fan of the big sprinters and Cipo is a legend; I loved watching Thor Hushav (spelled it wrong), and Lance's comments on him were funny...

He also likes beautiful cars and women the same. Who can argue with his taste. Yes I know he is married but it doesn't seem to bother him.

allanw said:

Haha! I'm 6'5" 200+ pounds so I'm the same way. Go Magnus Backstedt!

jhuskey said:
He also likes beautiful cars and women the same. Who can argue with his taste. Yes I know he is married but it doesn't seem to bother him.

An article appeared in a bike magazine a few years ago in which several prominent riders were asked what it was that they loved to do when they weren't racing. Only one rider said that they loved going for a bike ride and that was Lance Armstrong. Mario said he loved his shoes but not just wearing his shoes. He went on to say that he has over 300 pair of shoes and that sometimes he liked to take them all out and just arrange them around the room and look at them.

Now I know there is a certain lack of logic involved in drawing conclusions based on that but sometimes I have to wonder if the attraction to beautiful women isn't more for show than for Mario.

;)

Beastt said:
An article appeared in a bike magazine a few years ago in which several prominent riders were asked what it was that they loved to do when they weren't racing. Only one rider said that they loved going for a bike ride and that was Lance Armstrong. Mario said he loved his shoes but not just wearing his shoes. He went on to say that he has over 300 pair of shoes and that sometimes he liked to take them all out and just arrange them around the room and look at them.

Now I know there is a certain lack of logic involved in drawing conclusions based on that but sometimes I have to wonder if the attraction to beautiful women isn't more for show than for Mario.

;)

Could be! Shoes I can take or leave I wear them of course. Beautiful women, well thats a whole other subject. Its like milk I drink it but its the container I have always held fascination for and I am not talking about a cow. Cipollini however does project quiet an image as an International Playboy.