Shuttle Crash.

Dave

Guest
Tis another sad day in the USA, our beloved space program has taken another tragic turn.

God bless the USA!

Dave (sad!)

Dave wrote:
> Tis another sad day in the USA, our beloved space program has taken another tragic turn.
>
> God bless the USA!
>
> Dave (sad!)

RiP, crew of Columbia...

Jon Bond

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 15:00:47 -0500, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Tis another sad day in the USA, our beloved space program has taken another tragic turn.
>
>God bless the USA!
>
>Dave (sad!)

:-]

The crew of the Columbia have died in honour. They have served not only the United States of
America, but the world; spiritually, and scientifically.

Let the Space Program endure this hard time, and help it build a
stronger character to become, the leader in Space & Scientific Exploration.

We will not ponder on how you died, but how you lived.

**Rest in Peace Our Fellow Heros**

--Trevor-- Vancouver, BC

I'm always amazed at the '.. gee the end of the space program scenario ...' that the media portrays.
Surely Americans don't expect there to be no fatalities. Space is an extreme environment, people
will die, it is that simple. We are all really sorry at the loss, but it has to be an expected risk.

Our condolences to the families.

Jean

J2 wrote:
> I'm always amazed at the '.. gee the end of the space program scenario ...' that the media
> portrays. Surely Americans don't expect there to be no fatalities. Space is an extreme
> environment, people will die, it is that simple. We are all really sorry at the loss, but it has
> to be an expected risk.
>
> Our condolences to the families.

I've been thinking the same thing. We lose more people to the highways in an hour! I am very sorry
for their families and for the loss of good people. But, we need to stop thinking that there should
be no risks in doing anything. However, if this turns out to be another case of corporate bucks vs.
fixing engineering flaws ("managed risk"), I'm gonna be ******.

David A usually bleeding heart American who's tired of the hype.

SPACE is a risk and anything can happen at high speed. Losing 2 ships in 22 years may be sad but its
for the betterment of mankind. SF over time comes true.

Fire up MTB 03

"J2" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm always amazed at the '.. gee the end of the space program scenario
...'
> that the media portrays.

as am I!

Surely Americans don't expect there to be no
> fatalities.

I wouldn't think so. I know i have no such expectations.

Space is an extreme environment, people will die, it is that
> simple. We are all really sorry at the loss, but it has to be an expected risk.

and a worthwhile risk to boot. I am extremely saddend by yesterday's events. But it IS for the
betterment of mankind, in the larger picture.

> Our condolences to the families.
>

> Jean

very much so! And here's to hoping the space program can endure. After speaking to my 6 year old boy
yesterday as we were watching the tragedy unfold, it became clear to me that the program WILL
endure. As I watched his eyes grow larger with tales of space, I have faith. He wants to be an
astronaut, at least right now he does...And I would be honored if he became one!

Dave (rock on NASA!!)

"J2" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm always amazed at the '.. gee the end of the space program scenario ...' that the media
>portrays. Surely Americans don't expect there to be no fatalities. Space is an extreme environment,
>people will die, it is that simple. We are all really sorry at the loss, but it has to be an
>expected risk.

It occurs to me that this august group would have a little better understanding of the "risk vs.
reward" balance than most other more "pedestrian" people. We take chances for the love of our sport,
which while entirely worthwhile and enjoyable, pales in any comparison to the lofty achievements of
the brave men and women who put their lives on the line to take that ultimate e-ticket ride into
space to advance the human experience.

>Our condolences to the families.

Indeed. I hope their grief is ultimately outweighed by their pride.